Cultivated Reef

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

The little orange one I got with 3 heads about a year ago from my ex. It now has 7 tiny heads on it. I need it to GROWWWW!!

I started adding Reef Energy A&B to this tank and my fusion. I got some freebie bottles at Aquatic Experience that I kept forgetting about. I'm going to start with dosing 2x per week for the rest of January. Then each week in Feb. I'll bump it up an extra day per week. We'll see if it helps any...

I love the reef energy A&B personally. I'm glad we were able to snag free bottles! :)

Tomorrow is the day we get our tanks!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the reef energy A&B personally. I'm glad we were able to snag free bottles! :)

Tomorrow is the day we get our tanks!!

Daym gurl!! You're gonna hit your "like" limit early today!! :)

I'm so close to setting the tank up early at Nick's and giving Andromeda her new digs sooner rather than later. But I would need to have salt, an extra bucket, power head for mixing, and refractometer for checking the water. and then I'd have 3 tanks to clean!!

I'm so close to setting the tank up early at Nick's and giving Andromeda her new digs sooner rather than later. But I would need to have salt, an extra bucket, power head for mixing, and refractometer for checking the water. and then I'd have 3 tanks to clean!!

Haha, I wouldn't be able to wait! I'd probably just toss everything into a spare bucket and take it over there personally.

Just do it you know you want to :lol:

Bucket is easy....power head well are you upgrading the IM pump? I would they suck. Sicce or MJ for the win and use the IM pump for salt mixing.

That is very tempting! Maybe he could help you out with the maintenance for now :).

I got the Micro ATO Wednesday and added it to the tank after maintenance. It's so tiny and cute!!

Though, this tank really doesn't evaporate much thanks to the hood - maybe a cup every 2-3 days!!

I got the Micro ATO Wednesday and added it to the tank after maintenance. It's so tiny and cute!!

Though, this tank really doesn't evaporate much thanks to the hood - maybe a cup every 2-3 days!!

Still its nice to have that reassurance.
  • 2 months later...

Last Saturday the 2nd was this tank's last day. :(

I broke it all down to transfer it into a brand new IM 40 at my BF's house. I was so anxious to get started with the move, that I forgot to clean it up and take one last pretty FTS. Instead, I will have to leave you with this half empty, pumps out, morning lights only pic:

26096407660_f2e27e1c3c_z.jpg

It took me 3 hours to break this tank down along with my 20, and another 6 hours to put everything back together at the house. I used 8 buckets and a ton of ziploc bags for the 6 mile journey.

25766520453_a019cd7c1c_z.jpg

Started July 19, 2014, retired April 2, 2016:

26343343306_7d86fe289d_z.jpg

One week later, I have no losses!

Glad it went well! Looking forward to seeing it in the bigger tank. Then you can buy more! We all know this hobby goes in phases, and the buying phase is fun!!! Transporting, unpacking= not fun.

Archived