Coral Vue Hydros

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

which ATO are you using again? I know with the Tunze Nano ATO, when it works, it would start filling at like 1/100 of an inch or something. I am exaggerating but if I even take like half a cup of water from my 12 gallons, it would start filling.

AutoAqua Smart ATO. It's the one with an optical sensor (no moving parts) which I've heard was better cause snails can't mess it up by getting stuck in it!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the amount of evaporation.

The ato I have now evaporates 3/4 of an inch before refilling.

So 3/4 of an inch evaporating from the main display (36x18) is much more water than if it was evaporating from a back chamber (4x4).

Unless I'm the one who is confused!

Ok...that totally makes sense but scientifically there may not be a difference. I also use the Smart ATO and that water level never budges in the DT. You will be fine :).

Ok...that totally makes sense but scientifically there may not be a difference. I also use the Smart ATO and that water level never budges in the DT. You will be fine :).

I just can't decide between an AIO kit or two HOB filters!! omgomgomg

I've never had a kit but they look pretty awesome. Sounds better than maintaining two HOB filters and would have a cleaner look to it. Plus you could hide equipment :).

I've never had a kit but they look pretty awesome. Sounds better than maintaining two HOB filters and would have a cleaner look to it. Plus you could hide equipment :).

The only thing I don't like about AIO kits is trying to get a siphon in there to clean up any settled junk!

HOB filter I can take apart completely and clean in a sink - if I actually get around to it! I was going to clean the one on my holding tank but... meh... I can be lazy sometimes!

The only thing I don't like about AIO kits is trying to get a siphon in there to clean up any settled junk!

HOB filter I can take apart completely and clean in a sink - if I actually get around to it! I was going to clean the one on my holding tank but... meh... I can be lazy sometimes!

Yeah, the AC filters are super easy to maintain. I love just having a tiny filter to clean instead of a big-ass sump LOL.

Yeah, the AC filters are super easy to maintain. I love just having a tiny filter to clean instead of a big-ass sump LOL.

I'm leaning towards AIO now. Your tank is lovely, but I don't think I can hide all my equipments as well as you when I get down to it. And I'm really probably too lazy to take apart two HOB filters!

I've got the rest of this month to decide, then I gotta start working on building my stand! :happy:

I have the tunze in one tank and the hydor smart ato in another. The hydor has a thermal sensor, and there's about a 1/2" difference in water level between the start and finish. So it has to go in the third chamber with the pump, no matter how hard it is to fit in there.

I've been eyeing tanks recently too. Best looking AIO I've seen is the fusion 25 but you already have the 20. lol Their 50g Lagoon caught my eye as well. Cad tanks are contenders as well but I can't get over the price points . I've got a couple of months to kick are the idea tho so I can be more indecisive.

But you'll have a sump, right? I'm trying to figure out how to do this with an aio kit or hob filters.

Actually, no, I'm just gonna do HOB skimmer I bought and have more macro too. I just have to try recreate Gertie's tank twice! And HOB filters for some carbon, floss, etc. I remember being told once, keep it simple w/ the flowers. That's what I'm gonna try do.

I'm leaning towards AIO now. Your tank is lovely, but I don't think I can hide all my equipments as well as you when I get down to it. And I'm really probably too lazy to take apart two HOB filters!

I've got the rest of this month to decide, then I gotta start working on building my stand! :happy:

I think it's a win-win whichever way you decide to go :). I like both ideas!

AutoAqua Smart ATO. It's the one with an optical sensor (no moving parts) which I've heard was better cause snails can't mess it up by getting stuck in it!

I like mine a lot. There is a quirk - to re-set it, like when it beeps you that the reservoir is empty, you have to power on and off.

Go with AIO or sump HOBs looks like shit. I bet you could get $700 for the Ponticrap use that to have a custom tank made and make your BF buy you a new car. :)

I have the tunze in one tank and the hydor smart ato in another. The hydor has a thermal sensor, and there's about a 1/2" difference in water level between the start and finish. So it has to go in the third chamber with the pump, no matter how hard it is to fit in there.

I dunno how a thermal sensor would work, I keep my apartment pretty toasty in the summer. Window a/c units suck up electricity!

Is the RL-45 too deep for you?

Yes, I don't want anything more than 18 inches deep. It's just uncomfortable for me to try to reach in and clean when it's more than that. Another reason I don't like my Biocube!

Actually, no, I'm just gonna do HOB skimmer I bought and have more macro too. I just have to try recreate Gertie's tank twice! And HOB filters for some carbon, floss, etc. I remember being told once, keep it simple w/ the flowers. That's what I'm gonna try do.

Good luck!! I can't wait to see how to goes this time around!

Go with AIO or sump HOBs looks like shit. I bet you could get $700 for the Ponticrap use that to have a custom tank made and make your BF buy you a new car. :)

Psh, I think he'd rather buy me a new tank than a new car!!

Things are looking a bit more open today.

21191914272_29224e1431.jpg

Added my colt coral behind the hammer, but it's all shriveled and mad so you can't really see it yet.

The plates from the fusion are gonna come in here to make room for a clam in the fusion. One plate is gonna go front and center. The white rock left of the hammer is gonna come out, and that's where the second plate will go.

Will move a few more things over from the holding tank Tuesday before my water change Wednesday.

Very much considering a 3-5 gallon pico that I may put zoa island in. Or mushroom island. Though, I probably shouldn't. ;)

100% sure I'm going to do a 40 breeder tank for the cube update this spring. 90% sure it's going to have an AIO kit. I just need to figure out a stand next!!

I think I might need to sell off some of my leathers... They are NOT getting along. Sinularia is stinging the crap out of the thick finger leather. And the colt coral is too close to my hammer.

I don't really like the colt coral, so I'll happily part with it. But the thick finger leather and sinularia I've had in the tank since day one. I might frag off a little piece of each and sell the main colony. They are both easily as big as my outstretched hand!

Added 2 more zoa frags to the front rock, removed the extra rock pieces in the back left corner. Also stuck in a teeny mushroom. And my orange plate from ninja got booted from the fusion and put in here, front and center. It kept getting cozy with one of my gorgonians... :closedeyes:

I think I might need to sell off some of my leathers... They are NOT getting along. Sinularia is stinging the crap out of the thick finger leather. And the colt coral is too close to my hammer.

I don't really like the colt coral, so I'll happily part with it. But the thick finger leather and sinularia I've had in the tank since day one. I might frag off a little piece of each and sell the main colony. They are both easily as big as my outstretched hand!

Added 2 more zoa frags to the front rock, removed the extra rock pieces in the back left corner. Also stuck in a teeny mushroom. And my orange plate from ninja got booted from the fusion and put in here, front and center. It kept getting cozy with one of my gorgonians... :closedeyes:

does the plate like to move around at night? my orange one puffs up like a balloon at night and tries to climb over stuff

does the plate like to move around at night? my orange one puffs up like a balloon at night and tries to climb over stuff

He moves around whenever I'm not looking!! WHYYOURPLATESNOBEHAVE?!?

Archived