Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You weren't kidding, it really is empty!

And them I emptied it even more..

20151075812_7b041e10d6.jpg

Filled with warm water and vinegar.

19971083668_3361cecf69.jpg

HarryPotter

And them I emptied it even more..

20151075812_7b041e10d6.jpg

Filled with warm water and vinegar.

19971083668_3361cecf69.jpg

Wow!

This is really a 100% "redo!"

Any ideas for the rock scape? Minimalistic? Dual island?

Wow!

This is really a 100% "redo!"

Any ideas for the rock scape? Minimalistic? Dual island?

I think I'm going to go very minimal. Like 15-ish lbs.

19509574233_1a1551f442.jpg

19942525990_b311bdec90.jpg

19509574923_7c4d9018aa.jpg

19942770550_86e0c6e7af.jpg

Any thoughts?!

Euphyllia mountain on the left. Mushrooms on the right. Leathers and other odds n ends filling in.

I do not need to buy a 40B at PetCo's $1/gal sale... I do not need to buy a 40B at PetCo's $1/gal sale... I do not need to buy a 40B at PetCo's $1/gal sale...

If it wasn't for wanting a really nice stand, I'd probably had a 40B in the backseat of mt Ponticrap right now...

I do not need to buy a 40B at PetCo's $1/gal sale... I do not need to buy a 40B at PetCo's $1/gal sale... I do not need to buy a 40B at PetCo's $1/gal sale...

If it wasn't for wanting a really nice stand, I'd probably had a 40B in the backseat of mt Ponticrap right now...

Should've bought it ;). I was at Petco last week and saw the $1/gal sale. It's soooo tempting even though I have NO reason to buy one. But it's such a great price :).

Should've bought it ;). I was at Petco last week and saw the $1/gal sale. It's soooo tempting even though I have NO reason to buy one. But it's such a great price :).

I did ask and the manager said they have the sale about 4x a year. I just want to make sure when I'm ready they still carry the nicer tanks. I think it's the aqueon ones that have smoother edges and nicer silicone.

HarryPotter

I did ask and the manager said they have the sale about 4x a year. I just want to make sure when I'm ready they still carry the nicer tanks. I think it's the aqueon ones that have smoother edges and nicer silicone.

GET ITTTTTT haha. So much fun!

But you'd need a stand, lighting upgrade, filteration (aqua clear 110?) and more. It's not the $40 40b it sounds like after that!

GET ITTTTTT haha. So much fun!

But you'd need a stand, lighting upgrade, filteration (aqua clear 110?) and more. It's not the $40 40b it sounds like after that!

Stand and the lights are what kills it. :(

I was planning on coming home, cleaning up my kitchen and then relaxing while painting my toenails...

Well, I am increasingly frustrated with having 3 tanks in my small apartment, one being the holding tank in my kitchen. So in the end I said "Eff trying to clean around everything!!" and drained the biocube. I also took the lid off the top. It'll dry out overnight, I'll give it another wipe down tomorrow, again to dry overnight, and then I can put the rocks in to begin cycling Wednesday when I do the water cahnge on my other tanks.

This weekend I'll pick up sand, more salt, and probably some Dr. Tim's.

I am so ready to get things back in the cube... :closedeyes:

I know just how you feel. I set up my little frag tank thinking it would just be for a couple weeks. Four months later, I'm starting to get a little tired of keeping up with three tanks :)

I know just how you feel. I set up my little frag tank thinking it would just be for a couple weeks. Four months later, I'm starting to get a little tired of keeping up with three tanks :)

Maybe another time I will have 3 tanks again. Plus I also have the container with the monster worm in it...

But in my small apartment, I feel like there's tank stuff EVERYWHERE! I clean it up one day only to have to take it out to use it again the next. <_<

HarryPotter

Maybe another time I will have 3 tanks again. Plus I also have the container with the monster worm in it...

But in my small apartment, I feel like there's tank stuff EVERYWHERE! I clean it up one day only to have to take it out to use it again the next. <_<

So just grab a 40b with a cheap craigslist stand! Lol mix them into that one tank?

Those 40B's are beasts though, the Aqueon brand that is. Took me little over an hour to disassamble one. I can vouch that they can be safely cut and drilled as well. Not sure about the bottom, haven't cut that piece yet, but I will be!

So just grab a 40b with a cheap craigslist stand! Lol mix them into that one tank?

No can dos-ville. They are both differently "themed" so that just doesn't work!! ;)

Those 40B's are beasts though, the Aqueon brand that is. Took me little over an hour to disassamble one. I can vouch that they can be safely cut and drilled as well. Not sure about the bottom, haven't cut that piece yet, but I will be!

That's the next part to work out... Drill, HOB overflow thing-y, or AIO kit...

Tank filled with water.

Rocks in.

Un-wired the pumps that were hard-wired into the lid - all I had to do was un-screw them... :slap:

wow! yeah, i can only manage my little 8g.

it is time consuming for my schedule this year.

good luck!! i think any upgrades a long way off.

I don't like the way my lights are wired into the switches on the lid. I have a feeling it can't be changed much for reasons that are hard to explain. BF is gonna take a look at it and see what he can do.

It's also VERY dusty under the light cover. Also, a little bit of salt creep in there too. That's kind of disappointing. I'd recommend anyone with a biocube to check inside the hood every 6-12 months to clean it out.

HarryPotter

I don't like the way my lights are wired into the switches on the lid. I have a feeling it can't be changed much for reasons that are hard to explain. BF is gonna take a look at it and see what he can do.

It's also VERY dusty under the light cover. Also, a little bit of salt creep in there too. That's kind of disappointing. I'd recommend anyone with a biocube to check inside the hood every 6-12 months to clean it out.

NanoBox Small Retrofit ;)

Yeah these AIOs with hoods need a serious cleaning once in a while. Take off the hood, unscrew the glass cover, and use an air duster to blast everything inside

NanoBox Small Retrofit ;)

Yeah these AIOs with hoods need a serious cleaning once in a while. Take off the hood, unscrew the glass cover, and use an air duster to blast everything inside

I would do a nanobox if I planned on keeping the tank long term. I don't really like it, but it's what I have for now! Not long, upgrade will happen within the year.

I would do a nanobox if I planned on keeping the tank long term. I don't really like it, but it's what I have for now! Not long, upgrade will happen within the year.

not if you make a baby ;)

Archived