Pod Your Reef

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

I have an AC20 (100gph) in the 10 gallon. Anything else suggested for flow?

In my 6 gallon, I needed to add one of the hydor koralias (the lowest at I think 240 GPH) just to keep things moving. So if you do end up wanting more flow, those are cheap (around $25)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my 6 gallon, I needed to add one of the hydor koralias (the lowest at I think 240 GPH) just to keep things moving. So if you do end up wanting more flow, those are cheap (around $25)

Exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm gonna pick up two since amazon warehouse has a couple like new for cheap. I'll need one for the bucket of rocks to cycle too!

Sk8n Reefer

This is why your wife needs to take over the NUVO and start a thread! Who knows what other stuff will pop up!?!

Hey- I like that- I can work with that.............sly....very sly ?

Holy moly! I was thinking this is the final push to just redo the whole tank...a monster to get rid of! That would have freaked me out! Glad you were able to get him!

So I'll leave you with a picture. I knit things:

19086427513_da71f412d8.jpg

Love those! I've been looking at felted cat toys on Etsy. Have a few in my cart. You should sell these on Etsy for extra Reef Cash ;).

Holy moly! I was thinking this is the final push to just redo the whole tank...a monster to get rid of! That would have freaked me out! Glad you were able to get him!

Love those! I've been looking at felted cat toys on Etsy. Have a few in my cart. You should sell these on Etsy for extra Reef Cash ;).

I looked into Etsy at one point in college. Unless it's changed since then, they charged you just to list something online. I want to say $0.10-$.25 cents per item lists it for 6 months. Then they get a portion of your sale. IMO the only way people are successful is if they can get a good customer base built up with family and friends purchasing and getting the word out. I just don't have that support base to get up and running!

I looked into Etsy at one point in college. Unless it's changed since then, they charged you just to list something online. I want to say $0.10-$.25 cents per item lists it for 6 months. Then they get a portion of your sale. IMO the only way people are successful is if they can get a good customer base built up with family and friends purchasing and getting the word out. I just don't have that support base to get up and running!

You have to build your support base :).

Etsy is pretty cheap compared to eBay. But yeah, they do take their cut. And paypal takes their cut (sigh). You just have to price it so you still make a profit.

Anyways...you have a real talent there! It'd be nice to make some money off of it :).

No tank pics, because I'm holding off for a special day...

But here's a few fishy pics to tide you over!!

19735051715_15322b9798.jpg

19114130023_d44c840b1b.jpg

19727858242_0e39da8812.jpg

19727864812_2bc8a76caf.jpg

19735071675_cb867dcc60.jpg

Also, The knitted/felted bags:

Small - 6in x 2.5in x 4in

Holding phone, tri-fold wallet, lotion, keys

Large - 11in x 5in x 6in

Holding Pepsi, chips, hairbrush, eyeglass case, large wallet

19546993270_724b706ebe.jpg

19708898136_d19b97eeb3.jpg

Sk8n's wife gets first pic, but if someone wants the other one let me know! Free!

HarryPotter

I have an AC20 (100gph) in the 10 gallon. Anything else suggested for flow?

I like the tiny Koralias for small (10'or less) tanks- cheap and reliable

You just made her day! Thank you! Very kind !

Small - 6in x 2.5in x 4in

Holding phone, tri-fold wallet, lotion, keys

Large - 11in x 5in x 6in

Holding Pepsi, chips, hairbrush, eyeglass case, large wallet

19546993270_724b706ebe.jpg

19708898136_d19b97eeb3.jpg

Sk8n's wife gets first pic, but if someone wants the other one let me know! Free!

Hey Sk8n! PM me your address and which one to send!

Sk8n Reefer

Hey Sk8n! PM me your address and which one to send!

So nice Kimberbee ! We're pretty blown away by your offer- she would like the larger one. I'll pm Ya , thank you. This community ROCKS!

So nice Kimberbee ! We're pretty blown away by your offer- she would like the larger one. I'll pm Ya , thank you. This community ROCKS!

Means the little one is up for grabs if anyone wants. Doesn't have to hold purse-type items. You could put candy in it.

Tomorrow is my tank's one year birthday!!

Everything alive is doing ok, I guess. Everything that was dying is now dead. Trumpet was the last to go and yesterday the last of it's colored flesh vanished.

I took a gamble and put two Zia frags (freebies) of zoas in the tank. They were open this morning and are beautiful!!

Hard to see from this angle, but they are speckled green in the middles!

19623960020_e69ba3c94b.jpg

And these, that are a light blue:

19785814886_58ced163eb.jpg

Also, Rickety Cricket was a PIG yesterday at feeding time and hoarded all the bloodworms he could handle!!

19191100823_97d061012f.jpg

In anticipation for the re-vamp, I went to Menards for some egg crate, zipties, and two lamps for the bulbs I ordered from Jamie!

19804549472_e477262671.jpg

I have a layout planned for my 10 gallon and how I'm going to fit everything - hopefully It works. I also have a koralia coming to add for more flow, cause I'm sure I don't have enough in there with just the AC20.

Jonas will end up in the fusion, since there's a decent number of pods in there for him. Leaving my two clowns and firefish in the 10 gallon with corals and very little rock (really only what the corals are attached too).

As soon as I get my new bulbs, I'll start moving corals over, a couple per week and doing two 3 gallon water changes per week.

Sell/toss my old live rock, cycle new rock in a tub, clean out the biocube, and start putting things back... hopefully in 2-3 months I'll have everything back in the cube!!

He will definitely look at my car and do his best to fix it, if his mechanic brother can tell him how.

Regarding the flatworm... He doesn't deal with my tanks, but he did offer to shoot it dead with his handgun!

That's a good offer from him lol,what kind of handgun?

That's a good offer from him lol,what kind of handgun?

The kind that shoots bullets???

:happy:

As if I know!! I think hes got an old rifle (family heirloom), shotgun, handgun, and tiny pistol of some kind. He goes shooting with his bro and dad at ranges. Maybe one day I'll go with and learn something other than guns go bang bang.

HarryPotter

As if I know!! I think hes got an old rifle (family heirloom), shotgun, handgun, and tiny pistol of some kind. He goes shooting with his bro and dad at ranges. Maybe one day I'll go with and learn something other than guns go bang bang.

And in exchange he gets a lesson on reefing! I love it! Tell him all about basic pests, parameters, and feeding :)

Probably an excellent idea if you are in the house with said guns,nice collection btw(boyfriends lol) but same applies to your reef collection too

I wonder if lack of flow would cause my LPS deaths?

Frogspawn is gone now.

I'm running the stock pump and a koralia 425? I can't tell and didn't feel like pulling it out. It's just a bit bigger than the rw-4. But both are who knows how old and pretty much impossible to clean.

Any ideas what I should be running in this tank for leathers, mushrooms, and euphyllia once I do the re-boot?

Awww fudge... I missed a one year tank shot! Happy one year and two days to my tank!!

Carbon is good to remove softie toxins :),my leathers like to slime every so often,I would use a turkey baster to remove it if I saw them getting snotty.

I wonder if lack of flow would cause my LPS deaths?

Frogspawn is gone now.

I'm running the stock pump and a koralia 425? I can't tell and didn't feel like pulling it out. It's just a bit bigger than the rw-4. But both are who knows how old and pretty much impossible to clean.

Any ideas what I should be running in this tank for leathers, mushrooms, and euphyllia once I do the re-boot?

Awww fudge... I missed a one year tank shot! Happy one year and two days to my tank!!

Carbon is good to remove softie toxins :),my leathers like to slime every so often,I would use a turkey baster to remove it if I saw them getting snotty.

I run 6-8 Tablespoons of carbon changed every month. Added to that, 3T of phoslock. Think I need more than that?

Nah start with what you know and adjust from there,I use about3/4 cup carbon and 3/4 or so of high capacity gfo in my beast reef supply reactor.

But also I've thinned my leathers down to pretty much one small Toadstool

Nah start with what you know and adjust from there,I use about3/4 cup carbon and 3/4 or so of high capacity gfo in my beast reef supply reactor.

But also I've thinned my leathers down to pretty much one small Toadstool

I really never see them slime actually, or shed, or kill anything near them. Still trying to figure out why everything is so pissed!!

You might not see them do it,mine would at night and it can coat the crap out of things if you're not keeping an eye on it,not saying it's what's causing your lps issues but just something to watch for. Plus carbon just helps keep things sparkly :)

I really never see them slime actually, or shed, or kill anything near them. Still trying to figure out why everything is so pissed!!

Also,I use 3/4 teaspoon of the gfo not a cup lol.

With carbon it is not so much as how often. I change a small amount of carbon weekly because the porous-Ness gets clogged pretty fast. If you have many softies I think it is a good idea to always run carbon. Sometimes you see them slime but they can inflict toxic warfare on each other that you don't always see.

My lights and extra pumps can't come fast enough. I am ready to get this show on the road!

Next up... buy rocks and rescape!

I'm hoping my BF can help me rewire my lid. Maybe I'll get rid of the koralia in there now and replace it with my Sicce voyager something that I think is about 500gph.

Just received my two koralia pumps!! :happydance:

One for the 10 gallon holding tank, the other to help cycle my new rocks once I get them!

Light bulbs should be arriving later too just arrived!

Now I can slowly start moving frags and corals over to the 10gal!

Reboot kicks off tonight! omgomgomg

Archived