Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

My camera is charging so I'll get pics of everything tonight.

Water change a day early, and I will probably plug in and set up the timer for my lights on the cube. One more week and I'll probably pop a xenia in there to see how it does! :happydance:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My camera is charging so I'll get pics of everything tonight.

Water change a day early, and I will probably plug in and set up the timer for my lights on the cube. One more week and I'll probably pop a xenia in there to see how it does! :happydance:

Looking forward to that :happydance:. All of it :).

One of the lights on my holding tank went out. I'm hoping I can get away with just the one light for a few more weeks. I figure I should be able to start moving stuff over at the beginning of September. The water finally cleared up over the weekend!! :happy:

One of the lights I sent you? <_< hmm, I knew they were old but they're barely used. Sucks. Sorry :(

One of the lights I sent you? <_< hmm, I knew they were old but they're barely used. Sucks. Sorry :(

Yup, but no worries. :happy:

I didn't realize how hot the bulbs were getting - BF opened up the light and saw a transformer(?) or something had over heated and fried part of the board. Corals aren't looking as happy as could be, but I have a plant light that might help.

Oops, no nice new tank pics for either thread. :(

But here is the holding tank after a water change:

20668480556_fe28ebe8f7_z.jpg

I can't wait to move everything back into the biocube. I set up my lights in the cube, changed the filter floss, and stirred up the sand a little (the sand is sooooo dusty!!).

I did however clean and organize my little hallway (please ignore the give-away box on the floor and the bags of garbage on the table I took out this morning):

20685464222_361172b98c_z.jpg

And then I organized/cleaned a section of the living room:

20694675725_ec162818b9_z.jpg

I also got distracted while looking for a snack and cleaned out my pantry!

I don't know why I failed not looking at your threads but here I am now! Kitty looks ultra cozy.

He's weird about his beds! For the longest time I had a paper box lid with some fabric in it that he used to looooove because it was by a window. He hadn't used it in a year so the other day I thought to myself, "he doesn't use this so I should toss it next time I take the garbage out." Of course, the next morning he was sleeping in it!!

Because I really needed another tank option...

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/364739-reserve-your-fusion-lagoon-aquarium-at-marine-depot/

So now, HOB 40B, AIO kit 40B, or this 50G Lagoon... I can't deciddddde!!

Red Sea Reefer if you want to try sump. That's my next tank after researching all the other ones. IMO, once you go over 30g, AIO doesn't cut it. The sump gives you so much more space for a big skimmer and other equipments to manage a large volume of water.

Red Sea Reefer if you want to try sump. That's my next tank after researching all the other ones. IMO, once you go over 30g, AIO doesn't cut it. The sump gives you so much more space for a big skimmer and other equipments to manage a large volume of water.

I'll hopefully be moving around the time of my upgrade and I will only have a roughly 10 x 10 room to claim as my girl cave - gotta fit desk, filing cabinet, craft table/cabinet, two tanks, cat tree, and litter box all in one room without it feeling too cramped. I already know my antique wing-back chair is not going to make the cut in the move.

That's why I'm thinking AIO so I can put the litter box under the tank to save on room. Almost... ALMOST thinking of going back down to one tank for a while. But I have 3 clowns so I don't know how that would work...

in that case, the 50G Lagoon is probably your best choice especially if you can get a cheaper stand. $500 for their stand is crazy!

Looking to DIY for the stand. So yeah, gonna look into the lagoon a little more. I'd like an engineer goby, which Live Aquaria says needs 55 gallons.

Diatoms??

20873786222_cdc1893225.jpg

Tomorrow's the day I start restocking the cube! I'll start with a few xenia, as well as a crab and a couple snails I hope to wrangle. I'll have to put in an order at reefcleaners!!

20883462685_db71483f7f.jpg

Really hope I can keep the clean open look. Unlike the holding tank which is soooooo ugly and crowded!

20262451443_a753b4541c.jpg

I love the scape. It reminds me of a deserted island with a lagoon out somewhere in the south pacific. I think it will really be pretty when you start moving corals in.

Is it bad I LOVE the holding tank? Its just so full and fluffy, and the glass jars make a really unique design. Ditch the floating egg crate and its a great scape imo :)

Just catching back up after my break. Everything is looking great! Can't wait to see how you arrange everything in the tank! :) It has been a long road, but it is looking up. I think it was a good idea to go ahead and clean everything out.

love the scape! by the way, alll the frogspawns and hammers i have gotten from Reefwise have died too. no more coral shopping there for me =(.

Dang, so it isn't just me... Sucks, they have such an awesome variety. I might try one more time with a bigger one with more heads. If it kicks it, then yeah, no more euphyllia from them. :(

Dang, so it isn't just me... Sucks, they have such an awesome variety. I might try one more time with a bigger one with more heads. If it kicks it, then yeah, no more euphyllia from them. :(

they look sooo good and puffy there. sigh. but i do have to say that once i brought them home, the color never look as good as in their store.

And then I organized/cleaned a section of the living room:

20694675725_ec162818b9_z.jpg

I like that little chair. Is it a sewing chair? But with fishy supplies in the seat? :D

Archived