inTank Media Baskets

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

I like that little chair. Is it a sewing chair? But with fishy supplies in the seat? :D

Yes!! It was my grandma's sewing chair and the fabric is vinyl, perfect for when I splash or spill! Its just cracked a little in one corner, but I'm so worried about trying to reupholster it myself...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes!! It was my grandma's sewing chair and the fabric is vinyl, perfect for when I splash or spill! Its just cracked a little in one corner, but I'm so worried about trying to reupholster it myself...

Was that there when I visited? That sounds kinda awesome! I have fish supplies everywhere

Was that there when I visited? That sounds kinda awesome! I have fish supplies everywhere

It was, but my place was a mess!! Finally, slowly getting it more together!

It was, but my place was a mess!! Finally, slowly getting it more together!

:blush: I thought it looked pretty clean. I try to keep my fish supplies rounded up. I bought some paint the other day, I want to find a small dresser or something that I can repaint and use to store stuff.

:blush: I thought it looked pretty clean. I try to keep my fish supplies rounded up. I bought some paint the other day, I want to find a small dresser or something that I can repaint and use to store stuff.

I did clean it up for your visit! ;)

Maybe look at thrift shops or goodwill for a little side table/cabinet/small dresser? It really helps keep things neat and organized, I think. Would you paint it ocean themed??

I did clean it up for your visit! ;)

Maybe look at thrift shops or goodwill for a little side table/cabinet/small dresser? It really helps keep things neat and organized, I think. Would you paint it ocean themed??

That's my plan! I hope I can find something really neat. I actually picked out a pretty aqua for it. Ace hardware has a 99 cent pint sale until the end of the month. Pick any 4 different colors, each one is 99 cents.

That's my plan! I hope I can find something really neat. I actually picked out a pretty aqua for it. Ace hardware has a 99 cent pint sale until the end of the month. Pick any 4 different colors, each one is 99 cents.

Sweet pickup!!

The tank looks so fresh and clean. Is it odd that I like the crowded look in the holding tank?

It may look nice, but it isn't nice to clean!!!

The vinyl is cracked? I bet they sell a glue for that. Maybe like what someone would use for vinyl car seats. I'd look into it. That sounds much easier than reupholstering :).

The vinyl is cracked? I bet they sell a glue for that. Maybe like what someone would use for vinyl car seats. I'd look into it. That sounds much easier than reupholstering :).

Its very brittle, so I hadn't even thought of that. I'll look into it!!

Happy Re-boot Day 1!!

After stirring up the sand a little and changing out some water, I added 2 xenia frags, one hermit, one snail, and a coralline covered rock. Oh, and a small setosa frag that the hermit did not want to let go of! :happy:

20736826008_c49266b86e.jpg

Happy Re-boot Day 1!!

After stirring up the sand a little and changing out some water, I added 2 xenia frags, one hermit, one snail, and a coralline covered rock. Oh, and a small setosa frag that the hermit did not want to let go of! :happy:

20736826008_c49266b86e.jpg

Wait. I'm lost. I thought you had a tank all along....

Wait. I'm lost. I thought you had a tank all along....

This tank was set up for a year (July '14-July '15) until I took it completely apart at the end of July. Almost all my LPS died for seemingly no reason other than maybe the sand was old and nasty. Everything that survived has been, and still is, in a 10 gallon "holding tank" in my kitchen.

I also have the Fusion 20 that has been up since mid-April.

Thick finger leather moved over from the holding tank! Doing well so tonight I'll move another little something over, just not sure what yet!

21024056391_93c66e1073.jpg

20990249026_39eb096082.jpg

Didn't add anything last night but some reef roids.

I need to get better at feeding and testing both tanks. I probably only feed my fish twice a week and have been neglecting any feeding for my corals.

Water change is getting moved up to tomorrow this week, so I'll probably move over a coral today and Wednesday! I'll be so happy to get rid of the holding tank!!

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with feeding fish twice a week.

Yes, but in my fusion especially my RFAs, plates, and gorgs would benefit from a little extra food sent their way. I was kinda vague about that!

Archived