Top Shelf Aquatics

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to get salt, sand, and Dr Tim's today. Going to look at, but won't buy, fish too. Thinking maybe a clown goby amd/or pipefish since I'm down to 3 fish in the tank now... :(

:( sorry about the fish.

Thanks. I'm sad but also kind if mad about it. He always stayed on the bottom of the tank. And I kept an egg crate lid on except for when I was cleaning. And when I cleaned, the lid would be off for 3 hours or more. So why was he swimming/jumping when I wasn't near the tank to help him??

Stupid fish... :(

RIP Jonas. M-fer jumped sometime last night/this morning...

Jonas jerky... :'(

:tears:

So sorry to hear that. And he was doing soooo well for you :(.

You obviously have a knack with mandarins so you HAVE to try again :).

:tears:

So sorry to hear that. And he was doing soooo well for you :(.

You obviously have a knack with mandarins so you HAVE to try again :).

I had hoped to eventually get a pair... :(

I'm sure I'll have at least one mandarin again someday, but maybe it's time to try another fish too for a while!

I haven't even gotten the cube back together but I'm already thinking of the next upgrade!!

Here's the idea so far:

24x24x18 tank. Either AIO from somewhere like PicO or buy an AIO kit. Stand would be DIY. Bottom half-ish of the stand to hold/hide a litter box. Top half-ish of the stand for a small ATO and wires.

BF and I are talking about moving in together in the spring. First step: pets need to meet and get along by fall. Second step: design and build the stand this winter. Last step: cycle and move everything in the spring!!

I anticipate I'll have everything back in the biocube by the end of the month. So it will have a good 7 months before it's all moved again! :P

Added the new sand to the tank last night. It was still just as cloudy this morning and I realized that I forgot to turn the pump back on after adding the sand. :slap:

Also found an aiptasia in the holding tank. I'll have to remember to kill it dead before putting the coral into the cube.

Added the new sand to the tank last night. It was still just as cloudy this morning and I realized that I forgot to turn the pump back on after adding the sand. :slap:

Also found an aiptasia in the holding tank. I'll have to remember to kill it dead before putting the coral into the cube.

yku could also take the coral OFF the frag plug if it's not an encrusted SPS coral. That's what I reccomend to avoid introductions pests- acclimate, take it off the plug, dip it, and then introduce it. (I don't have a quarentine :( )

yku could also take the coral OFF the frag plug if it's not an encrusted SPS coral. That's what I reccomend to avoid introductions pests- acclimate, take it off the plug, dip it, and then introduce it. (I don't have a quarentine :( )

True, I could also possibly just chip off a piece of rock if it's positioned on a corner/edge... Smart.

Just now catching up on this tank thread. Sorry for your troubles with tank. That has to suck... But the reboot has to be exciting, at least a little. :)

what! is this your beautiful mandarin goby? i'm so sorry. :(

do you have a lid? i keep mine on at all times and also watch

tank now when i clean after losing fred. i'm sorry. it sucks.

what! is this your beautiful mandarin goby? i'm so sorry. :(

do you have a lid? i keep mine on at all times and also watch

tank now when i clean after losing fred. i'm sorry. it sucks.

Yes, my beautiful baby boy mandarin. :tears:

Thinking of a red dragonette/blenny for my fusion. Cause I miss something scooting around on the rocks.

I did have an egg-crate lid, which I guess wasn't enough. I thought it would be ok since I've NEVER seen him more than a few inches off the bottom of the tank. And I've definitely NEVER seen him within inches of the rim. I also leave lids off for hours at a time while doing water changes once a week.

I think it's one of those things that happen to someone at least once - you'll overflow your RO/DI, and a fish will jump to it's death.

Sorry about your loss, I just readed the whole thread because im getting a 29 biocube and found tons of info on the forum. Loved to read the whole year of your tank. Awesome learning experience.

I'm reading this forum that much that im only slepping like 3 h a day... And my brain is overwhelmed of info....

So sorry to hear about Jonas :tears:

I miss his movement along the rocks/bottom of the tank. I definitely need another mandarin or scooter blenny.

Sorry about your loss, I just readed the whole thread because im getting a 29 biocube and found tons of info on the forum. Loved to read the whole year of your tank. Awesome learning experience.

I'm reading this forum that much that im only slepping like 3 h a day... And my brain is overwhelmed of info....

Thanks!! You will learn so much from just reading about other people's experiences! Good luck!

One of the lights on my holding tank went out. I'm hoping I can get away with just the one light for a few more weeks. I figure I should be able to start moving stuff over at the beginning of September. The water finally cleared up over the weekend!! :happy:

Archived