ReefCleaners.org

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a few nice shots of the tank for the 2 month post-reboot celebration!!

Lets start things off with a FTS - Something with this scape makes everyone come out a lot more, I love it!

21639927503_098829590e_z.jpg

Plate

22248113882_7e0feb0f28_z.jpg

2 baby heads on this duncan

21638239494_8ca1de1886_z.jpg

Rickety Cricket :wub:

22074114099_80af6bc7fa_z.jpg

Zia-zoas that loooooove to eat!

22073237338_0b44f6d2de_z.jpg

Lenny...

21638250164_24edd75443_z.jpg

21638253274_70d8863de5_z.jpg

Squiggy...

21638256634_56c6928ca8_z.jpg

22072956050_4f4b6cfd9c_z.jpg\

21638263484_50b99e1e2a_z.jpg

Grumpleupagus...

22234932906_a07f6b2db4_z.jpg

22248178262_c1cb47a0a3_z.jpg

These pics need to be moved to the next page!

Starting to get cyano in the front left corner. I've been running 2 months with the stock pump only. :blush:

I plugged in my RW-4 during my last water change, but was too tired, lazy, just done for the day, to have the patience to place it just right. It was blowing everything everywhere.

I ordered a 12v adapter to cut the power in half, so hopefully that helps. It'll be here Wednesday, just in time for my next water change.

is this your consolidated tank, kimber?

how big? either way, beautiful and happy! <3

Nope, this is still the biocube. I had to reboot it a few months ago cause of nasty old sand and rock from who knows when.

Consolidation will happen in the early spring!

Nope, this is still the biocube. I had to reboot it a few months ago cause of nasty old sand and rock from who knows when.

Consolidation will happen in the early spring!

that's what i thought! but it looks fabulous!!

Ugh... Had a tank nightmare last night.

I had moved everything into the new tank, but my old tank water only filled it up halfway. For some reason I decided to fill the rest of the tank with RO/DI. Salinity was just above 1.00. :scarry:

Everything started dying. My fish jumped into the back chambers. My clown fish gave live birth to a dozen pencil eraser-sized babies. And I had no salt or fresh RO/DI to make new water... :tears:

Ugh... Had a tank nightmare last night.

I had moved everything into the new tank, but my old tank water only filled it up halfway. For some reason I decided to fill the rest of the tank with RO/DI. Salinity was just above 1.00. :scarry:

Everything started dying. My fish jumped into the back chambers. My clown fish gave live birth to a dozen pencil eraser-sized babies. And I had no salt or fresh RO/DI to make new water... :tears:

When I have tank nightmares I usually attribute it to me being anxious and worrying about my tank and those subconscious feelings manifest themselves as nightmares. Just relax kimber and your tank consolidation is going to go fine. :-)

All is well this this tank. Super easy to feed cause all three fishes are out all the time.

When I move tanks in a few months I'm going to try to keep this scape style. My clown fish are out swimming a lot more that before the reboot and I love it.

Maybe I'll try a video tonight before I clean up the tanks!

All is well this this tank. Super easy to feed cause all three fishes are out all the time.

When I move tanks in a few months I'm going to try to keep this scape style. My clown fish are out swimming a lot more that before the reboot and I love it.

Maybe I'll try a video tonight before I clean up the tanks!

Must be nice having clownfish that swim? mine never really leave their corner of the world

Looks so pretty, clean and balanced.

And that was BEFORE the water change!!

i love how your firefish is out and not shy at all! and the flow looks really good all over the tank. i have never seen that plate that happy before =)

Happy plates make me happy too!

I LOVED your video! The gentle swaying polyps and the firefish swimming here and there and the bobbing clowns is just very soothing. I love soothing tanks. A+

jedimasterben

If you want different music, once you upload it, go into the Youtube editor and one of the options there will be to add music to it :)

If you want different music, once you upload it, go into the Youtube editor and one of the options there will be to add music to it :)

I hate the You tube music, and it never fits the length of the video. Their editing features aren't very intuitive at all.

jedimasterben

I hate the You tube music, and it never fits the length of the video. Their editing features aren't very intuitive at all.

I totally agree, but that is the easiest way to do it if you don't have a video editor.
  • 2 weeks later...

Couldn't wait.

This is my favorite thing I got this weekend at Aquatic Experience. $15 for a 10 head black sun coral! I was really nervous, but it opened up and ate lots last night.

22482286727_c68798e970.jpg

Picture of my DSLR camera screen. Cell phone wasn't getting good pics and I didn't have time to upload this pics form my camera to my computer. More pics tonight!!

I got a ton of awesome goodies as well!!

Couldn't wait.

This is my favorite thing I got this weekend at Aquatic Experience. $15 for a 10 head black sun coral! I was really nervous, but it opened up and ate lots last night.

22482286727_c68798e970.jpg

Picture of my DSLR camera screen. Cell phone wasn't getting good pics and I didn't have time to upload this pics form my camera to my computer. More pics tonight!!

I got a ton of awesome goodies as well!!

I see lots of pretty colors...blue, green, purple and yellow either reflected or in the black sun coral. It's so exotic looking!

Archived