ReefCleaners.org

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

Leaving in a bit to visit my mom, and we're going to take a trip to the LFS by her house.

I'm on the lookout for either a good sized euphyllia, monticap of some kind, or a birdsnest. Maybe... maybe a fish if they have a good selection.

However, I did realize, that out of all the things I've purchased from them, only 3 items are still alive - undata, cleaner shrimp, and a tiny frogspawn. I think cause I purchase tiny frags, or single headed items, the chance of survival is low. I also bought a lot more from them when I was first starting out. So I'm going to look only a really good sized items today making sure I know what I'm getting into!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

let me know if u see anything good. my hammer and torch from them recently are still doing good.

Euphyllias are $23 and sps frags are $25. Not big frags though, maybe 1-2 inch ones. Pretty much the same stock as always with a few very high end mushrooms.

did you get anything?? i love their torch with the yellowish / greenish tips.

Monti and a hammer... Actually, maybe its a torch... Durrr

Pics a little later tonight.

New hammer (bottom, middle) that was covered in little red bugs/worms. :furious:

24204673366_75991a0cbe_z.jpg

I do really like how fluffy this part of the tank has become though. :happy:

oooh you have a purple fire fish too!!

no good about the parasites tho. :(

Oh it was so nasty!!

I put the hammer in my tank and thought, hey, those 4 red spots look funny.... and then they started to MOVE!!

I did a peroxide dip and more than 30 came off!! EEK!! Nastyyyyyy!! :wacko:

Oh it was so nasty!!

I put the hammer in my tank and thought, hey, those 4 red spots look funny.... and then they started to MOVE!!

I did a peroxide dip and more than 30 came off!! EEK!! Nastyyyyyy!! :wacko:

:wacko:

the worst that i got were sea spiders.

i don't even know what they are really called,

but they totally looked like big spiders and they

were HORRIFYING. i murdered them in fresh water.

*cries*

(this was back when i was trying the nano jar.)

what?! from Reefwise? crazy. i thought they dip all their corals...

Yup. And of course I didn't acclimate to my tank until 10pm. So I was all ready to get to bed and had to figure out how to dip... :closedeyes:

Kind of sad I'll be taking this one down in just a few months to move to the bigger tank. I do plan to keep roughly the same scape though...

23955900810_eb5c6b62dd_z.jpg

It's really looking beautiful. The plates are like little islands :)

That is a happy tank! Look at those plates omgomgomg.

I wish I was a little fish so I could bounce on them!! :wub:

It is sad to think of this tank coming down. It is really developing nicely. Hopefully when you move it to the other tank everything will just pick up 2here you left it off.

I wish I was a little fish so I could bounce on them!! :wub:

Any advice on how to make plate corals so happy? I have a new one that is not NEARLY that inflated; it only inflates at night when I feed it.

Hows the flow where they are? Any video?

Man... videos are so hard. I'm sure you have a recent FTS and video... post it up and I'll have a look. ;)

It is sad to think of this tank coming down. It is really developing nicely. Hopefully when you move it to the other tank everything will just pick up 2here you left it off.

I know, I actually really like it right now!!

Hard to count, but I'm pretty sure the black sun now has 12 heads!

24233488441_e35e522bfc_z.jpg

That sun coral looks nice B) I need to find a black sun coral.

Any advice on how to make plate corals so happy? I have a new one that is not NEARLY that inflated; it only inflates at night when I feed it.

Hows the flow where they are? Any video?

I feed mine at all hours of the day. They will eat during the day no problem. They are puffed up at night as that is there nature. Kind of like a scoly opens up when it is dark.

That sun coral looks nice B) I need to find a black sun coral.

The little orange one I got with 3 heads about a year ago from my ex. It now has 7 tiny heads on it. I need it to GROWWWW!!

I started adding Reef Energy A&B to this tank and my fusion. I got some freebie bottles at Aquatic Experience that I kept forgetting about. I'm going to start with dosing 2x per week for the rest of January. Then each week in Feb. I'll bump it up an extra day per week. We'll see if it helps any...

Archived