Innovative Marine Aquariums

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

This one almost 2 years old now. I'll be happy with this because it's gonna be pretty much same thing with just more sandbed and negative space.

Nice, that's where my Nuvo is - 2 months short from 2 years ?. What size is the upgrade gonna be?

• Like 2

Awesome. You going to do the transfer all at once or over time?

Gonna slide old tank off to different wall and get new tank in place running with new sand and water till it's clear. After that I'll take a day and swap it all over. Should be pretty easy other than digging for nems in sand.

:happydance:

I'm assuming it's going to go in the same spot?

Same spot. That wall has outlet on its own breaker and gfci. I just like not taking up a bigger wall if don't have to.

• Like 2

Gonna slide old tank off to different wall and get new tank in place running with new sand and water till it's clear. After that I'll take a day and swap it all over. Should be pretty easy other than digging for nems in sand.

Sounds good, I did the same except waited 2 weeks adding some old sand and media to get it going.

• Like 1

]

I see pics of dog bowls in several pictures, but no dog pics :(

(Nice tank and stand BTW)

Lol here one from other day of dogs and one of where I stopped on stand tonight. Thinking a distressed white look.7C1C0119-8613-4AAE-854C-E40EA7A7C8CB_zps

0BE72136-94C6-4231-BCA7-651D221A8C64_zps

• Like 5

]

Lol here one from other day of dogs and one of where I stopped on stand tonight. Thinking a distressed white look.7C1C0119-8613-4AAE-854C-E40EA7A7C8CB_zps

We realize you're busy making the stand but come on, we require more attention. Will accept treats in lieu of attention, of course.

• Like 2

Looking forward to the new tank .:)

Thanks. Me too :)

Is that a puggle?

Yep. Ten years old now and been a great dog.

Such sweet faces. Thanks

No problem. I'll try to post them more.

• Like 2

Thanks. Me too :)

Yep. Ten years old now and been a great dog.

No problem. I'll try to post them more.

Awesome...we have a puggle too and shes around the same age. I love her to death but she can be a real pia. She barks at everything and has the scent like a beagle but is as stuborn and one minded like a pug. And unfortunately she has had epilepsy(inherient for beagles) for the better part of the past 6 years. The seasures and medications have taken a toll on her. They are cool dogs though.
  • Like 1

Oh this is going to be good! Congratulations on the upgrade, what is the new tank size?

The move is going to be something else, all those encrusted corals and established colonies. :scarry:

What is your plan for the new tank besides having more space?

Pups look adorable.

Edit - just read 80G deep blue. sweet.

• Like 1

80 gal deep blue with the good glass. 48x24x16 tall. So can 12 inches in length, 6 inches width and 4 height. Should be sweet to see some open space :)

Open space for a few months till the corals hit there growing stride :).
  • Like 3

Awesome...we have a puggle too and shes around the same age. I love her to death but she can be a real pia. She barks at everything and has the scent like a beagle but is as stuborn and one minded like a pug. And unfortunately she has had epilepsy(inherient for beagles) for the better part of the past 6 years. The seasures and medications have taken a toll on her. They are cool dogs though.

Mine has been pretty healthy. Can see that joints are starting to get sore etc though. Mine didn't bark at all till kids came along and then he became very protective with them which makes him bark time to time. I'm sorry about your dogs issues :(

Oh this is going to be good! Congratulations on the upgrade, what is the new tank size?

The move is going to be something else, all those encrusted corals and established colonies. :scarry:

What is your plan for the new tank besides having more space?

Pups look adorable.

Edit - just read 80G deep blue. sweet.

My Rock scape is only like 4 rocks and very easy to remove. The big monti on overflow will get busted up. With the new tank I just want a few more lps in the sand. Bigger acan garden......... Meat coral...... Plate coral or two. :) oh and I want a foxface,larger angel of some sort and some anthias

Open space for a few months till the corals hit there growing stride :).

Lmao. And if this one grows in and I'm still not sick of it I'll go bigger.

Nice job on the stand, new tank should be epic.

Thanks guy. I got more done on stand today. Just gotta make doors and do top and bottom trim.

• Like 2