SaltCritters.com

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

Well plainrt are you a football fan?

Nope lol

What type of Wisconsinite are you?!?

I was never a basketball fan and I gave up on baseball after the strike (though Uecker did such awesome color commentary), but I bleed green and gold and haven't lived in Wisconsin for 15 years!

• Like 3
jedimasterben

I like it. I was just remarking to my wife a few minutes ago that my planted tank is being taken over by peacock moss.

IMG_20160110_204058849.jpg

Guess I should trim it at some point :lol:

• Like 7

I like it. I was just remarking to my wife a few minutes ago that my planted tank is being taken over by peacock moss.

IMG_20160110_204058849.jpg

Guess I should trim it at some point :lol:

That things awesome. Lol let it go.

jedimasterben

That things awesome. Lol let it go.

that's been the path so far lol. I still can't believe the moss is actually climbing the glass and is now completely above the rim of the tank. :o

• Like 1

That's the best part.Other day I was at petco and they had mollies in the saltwater section and thought of you lol. I was tempted to get some but my clowns would have beat some ass. It was cool to watch them pick

Away at all the algae in the tank.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

That's the best part.Other day I was at petco and they had mollies in the saltwater section and thought of you lol. I was tempted to get some but my clowns would have beat some ass. It was cool to watch them pick

Away at all the algae in the tank.

Actually, mollies can be pretty aggressive themselves. I had one that was a giant bitch. She was a huge 'harlequin sailfin', probably 4.5" long, and she beat the shit out of anything that got too close to her!

• Like 1
jedimasterben

When I tried in past they didn't seem to like higher flow. Do they adapt to it after some time? I always wanna try them again.

Yes, as long as they have a place to hide (and have fully adapted to saltwater) where the flow isn't too bad then they will warm up to it and will get much stronger.

• Like 1

Just started mine, not as fancy as yours...08EA4331-9E6A-4765-86A7-752065EBC52A.jpg

That's your 34? It will look good when fills in. Is that grass in there? That stuff is cool. Gotta let me know how it does.

• Like 2

That's your 34? It will look good when fills in. Is that grass in there? That stuff is cool. Gotta let me know how it does.

Sure is. had to get rid of the reed for now because of work travel. Hoping plants do well, skeptical on the lights I got. Have some Java Moss in there now too. Running a Fluidized bed in the sump, root tabs, and liquid fertilizer. Plants coloring up nicely and hopefully growing well soon. Considering a small CO2 kit I found as well.

• Like 2