ReefCleaners.org

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

Here a crappy pic of elegance where you can see where it meets some palys. You can see the elegance is bothered more than them. Figured I'd post because get asked all the time about how keep stuff so close to them.

2FED1E39-8206-44F0-ABF3-9BA997810634_zps

• Like 5

Those green palys are so nice... I need to find some of those. They seem common but my lfs never has them. Do they go by any special name?

Nuclear green palys. Classic coral everyone should always have.

• Like 1

I thought thats what they were called. In all the time iv had tanks my lfs has never had these. Guess ill have to order them online. In fact, they always have more zoas to choose from than palys. Ill have to complain. Hehe.

• Like 1

Here a crappy pic of elegance where you can see where it meets some palys. You can see the elegance is bothered more than them. Figured I'd post because get asked all the time about how keep stuff so close to them.

2FED1E39-8206-44F0-ABF3-9BA997810634_zps

That is surprising! Very cool picture.

I just scored some of those greens a couple weeks ago and am loving them. Now on the hunt for some of those pink guys next to them. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)

• Like 2

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)

Yep. I swear, if I could make a clone of some of the tanks on here, I would be so happy. Including yours stella, and plaint's, and Ninjas, and Lawns, and practically everyones. Hehe. Hopefully my nuvo in the making will end up being something I love once it matures. So far I am enjoying the small thing

About the elegance coral, are more people having luck with them now? Three years ago when I was looking into them only a handful of people had them long term. They said you have to make sure it was an Australian specimen, not an Indonesian. But it seems as though a few people have them, and they look super healthy

• Like 5

Yep. I swear, if I could make a clone of some of the tanks on here, I would be so happy. Including yours stella, and plaint's, and Ninjas, and Lawns, and practically everyones. Hehe. Hopefully my nuvo in the making will end up being something I love once it matures. So far I am enjoying the small thing

Your tank is looking great! don't sell yourself short :) Plainrt's tank and now Lawn's are two of my favorites for sure. And I love Ninja's scape :) And hello! Midas blenny!

• Like 2

Thinking deep blue 80 gal. I'm content with sps I have. I just want little more sandbed room and negative space. I wanna be able to just drop my rock in and go with it. Tempted to pick one up this weekend lol. Oh and back to the elegance corals. I believe it comes down to how healthy they are when buy them. My bigger one is Aussie and my smaller one is a cheap $25 indo I thought would try. I only had the indo one like 4 months or so. It has grown good amount since got it. Ps mark all my sps aren't perfect lol.

• Like 4

Thinking deep blue 80 gal. I'm content with sps I have. I just want little more sandbed room and negative space. I wanna be able to just drop my rock in and go with it. Tempted to pick one up this weekend lol. Oh and back to the elegance corals. I believe it comes down to how healthy they are when buy them. My bigger one is Aussie and my smaller one is a cheap $25 indo I thought would try. I only had the indo one like 4 months or so. It has grown good amount since got it. Ps mark all my sps aren't perfect lol.

Well, what took you so long? And why wait until this weekend?? get it tomorrow :P

• Like 1

Deep blue 34 to deep blue 80? Awesome

• Like 1

No lol. I'm thinking about yet lol. Options options. My lfs has non drilled version 325,reef ready 370 and the edge version with better glass 455. Non rr would be nice for smaller overflow but at same time really dont mind the one on my tank now. Being a 4ft tank the overflow would end up in corner on my wall. And then there is the option of better glass. While nice I been spending too much cash lately lol.

I didn't realize elegance corals had such potent stings. I would have sided with the torch in the long run, but it doesn't look like the flow pushes its tentacles towards the elegance anyways..

• Like 1