Innovative Marine Aquariums

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

That wall looks awesome!

My clowns would lay eggs in the same corner! On the glass and silicone too

Thanks much. Silly clowns ;)

I was following at some point because when I clicked on it I was on page 25. Dual sided makes great sense. I have 2 AquaClear filters in my 20g for Gertie and I used to wipe off the algae that grew on top where the water flows in, now I leave it, until it starts hanging in. You could create and sell sumps with built in algae scrubbers.

Lol owner of my favorite fish store thought was an interesting idea and is waiting to see how it works. He builds custom sump setups and sells at his store. I'm gonna have to charge him if he steals my design lol. Oh wait I always feel like owe him money anyways with the deals he gives me.

• Like 2

Stand all done. Trying decide do I keep this thread or start a new one. Maybe will just continue here and update first post and title

792F663C-5A92-4816-98A3-9C95A5314D74_zps

• Like 9

I had to click on the picture and make it bigger so I could see all that's in there. What's the coral in front on the end and it kinda fans out? Lots colors going on in here!

• Like 1

I had to click on the picture and make it bigger so I could see all that's in there. What's the coral in front on the end and it kinda fans out? Lots colors going on in here!

The red one ? If so its Ora red goni.

The red one ? If so its Ora red goni.

Oh I got that but exactly like middle, light purplish maybe, to the left of the zoas? It's making a shady spot.

I really like the antiqued look you put on that stand! Really goes well with the wood feature wall. I like how it contrasts with the sleek moderness of the rimless tank and hanging fixture.

That latest FTS is stunning! I don't even notice the brown acros because the big picture is just looking great! Really love the scape and the open space now!

• Like 2

Ah, ok, he's behind the coral I couldn't identify cuz I don't know sps. See, kinda looks splayed like a fan. I like how you caught him mid-chomp/swallow.

• Like 1

Ah, ok, he's behind the coral I couldn't identify cuz I don't know sps. See, kinda looks splayed like a fan. I like how you caught him mid-chomp/swallow.

Yeah I see what you mean now. It kept growing against glass in old tank so kept fragging it up. Now it can grow out some :)

My tiny reef

So, I had trouble with chalice in my 14 gallon...I think I attribute it to a drop in Cal. Do you run any dosing? I'm wondering if I can try them again now in my 45 and just stay on top of WCs.

• Like 1

So, I had trouble with chalice in my 14 gallon...I think I attribute it to a drop in Cal. Do you run any dosing? I'm wondering if I can try them again now in my 45 and just stay on top of WCs.

I run a doser on my setup. I believe the get touchy with lower alk. Also I have found some chalices are harder to keep than others. The thin skin ones are harder imo. Find a nice thick skin one and give it a try.

• Like 3