inTank Media Baskets

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

i like the ATS. I seen a local tank with a similar setup and the owner swears by it.

Looks great! I like how well planned out that sump looks and I can't wait to hear how that ATS works for you!

Hopefully it works lol. I was trying to find angled setups when I came up with the idea in my head and really couldn't find anything. Can't hurt to try.

• Like 2

I had some catching up to do. I like how the ATS is incorporated into the sump and will be following to see how it works out. The doors of your cabinet look good too!

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Maybe it will work or maybe it won't lol. Can't hurt to try ;)

Amen to that. It is those who try new things that advance the hobby!

• Like 1
cloakerpoked

Thanks guys. Maybe it will work or maybe it won't lol. Can't hurt to try ;)

There are a few things that can hurt very badly to try..homemade kalk reactors for example....but I don't think your ATS is going to be one of them.

• Like 1

Ok one pic. This is like 3 hours after swap so still not the best. I broke some sps in process of it all and my sps is worst it has ever been due to working on the house. I also forgot one of my dendros In Peroxide dip to remove algae and hope that makes a come back. Other than that it went smooth and I'm happy with it. I should be able to get doors on stand tomorrow. After that it's just getting corals back way they were before.

90942991-5CE7-49E2-AE47-D1BACE41A151_zps

• Like 13

So much space and everything, tank, cabinet, critters look good.

6 weeks till you fill it up, IMO. :)

Im honestly in no rush to add anything. I really want a foxface but that's about it.

Found this little odd today. Clowns laid eggs last night. When I emptied the old tank yesterday I scraped eggs off glass.

1AB9CFBD-146B-4B2C-B832-82EF829836B5_zps

• Like 4

Looks great! I like how open it is! Seems like you have a ton more space now.

What a funny place to lay eggs! It would have been cool to be able to watch them develop up close through the glass though.

• Like 1

Looks great! I like how open it is! Seems like you have a ton more space now.

What a funny place to lay eggs! It would have been cool to be able to watch them develop up close through the glass though.

They kind of special. That's where they always lay eggs lol. Tons more open space. I'm loving how looks. Not so stuffed looking now.

Love this! And that wall is amazing

Thanks a lot.

• Like 2

I don't know how I wasn't following before, just so many tanks on this site. I love your algae scrubber idea. I bet many people are thinking, why didn't I do that? And I love the room it's in, the wall and the starfish on the other.

• Like 2

Thanks. Lol will see if it works or not. I got the idea from using media bags laying over my baffles and they always grew algae like crazy. At same time I was planning my sump out and knew I would have big drop into 2nd area of sump and that's when I got the idea. I tried searching for other ones like it on net and didn't find much other than some clamp on Chinese angled scrubber.It's not perfect setup imo but worth a try. Double sided would be better. I might split it into two screens though so can clean one at a time. I'll play around with when time comes

• Like 1

I was following at some point because when I clicked on it I was on page 25. Dual sided makes great sense. I have 2 AquaClear filters in my 20g for Gertie and I used to wipe off the algae that grew on top where the water flows in, now I leave it, until it starts hanging in. You could create and sell sumps with built in algae scrubbers.

• Like 1