Innovative Marine Aquariums

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

0F41711A-0702-44CC-B13A-0FCC3FC91C36_zps

9E79756F-1576-4E50-8200-ED3AC354ACBC_zps

Love the chalice .. I got the watermelon .. Same as the 1st pic from a local reefer here in Muskego ..

If u are fragging the green one .. Would love to get a frag ...

• Like 1

Love the chalice .. I got the watermelon .. Same as the 1st pic from a local reefer here in Muskego ..

If u are fragging the green one .. Would love to get a frag ...

Yeah that first one has made it around the area lol. Green one is cornbread 3G mummy eye that is for Wrs grow out contest so can't cut up yet lol.

Ok some par readings. 7 inches off water seemed to be sweet spot. Bulbs are over 6 months old I believe and would have to look. One coral I'm gonna swap spots is the red Goni and the red cynaria. Rest I'm happy with for only being 4 bulbs. I have idea in my head for adding some LEDs for pop and little par.

Red Goni 90

Red cynaria 175

Pink chalice 90

Tyree Purple unknown 250

Joe the coral 370

Purple stylo 320

Bam bam Zoas 250

Acans left side under rock 100

Acans right side 200

Red monti plate left side 195. Right side 280

Birds of paradise birdsnest 180 towards front and 105 on back wall

Elegance 225

Center sandbed.255

Front glass center sandbed 155

Back sand area 100

Front corner sand 75.

D6B24A1E-4A1C-48AA-9CA1-60515F52E502_zps

• Like 9

T5's and the ATI fixtures rock, just try and get those awesomely smooth numbers with LED.

/T5 snob

I should run with only 4 bulbs. My goni is at 275 PAR and extension is not so great. I wonder if they prefer lower light?

• Like 1

T5's and the ATI fixtures rock, just try and get those awesomely smooth numbers with LED.

/T5 snob

I should run with only 4 bulbs. My goni is at 275 PAR and extension is not so great. I wonder if they prefer lower light?

Lol I can always predict numbers in my tanks with t5s. I love how even they are.I always heard medium flow and light. Mine did great in the 34. Maybe I'll just watch it and move it if starts looking bad.

Ok some par readings. 7 inches off water seemed to be sweet spot. Rest I'm happy.

D6B24A1E-4A1C-48AA-9CA1-60515F52E502_zps[/quote

6 x 24?

4x39 dimmable ati over a 4ft x 2ft x 16inch tall tank.

• Like 1

The colors are really popping in that latest FTS. I have no comments for you T5 lovers since I'm on the other side of that war. LED all the way :lol:

• Like 5

It's working well, how awesome. If I ever do a tank w/ a fuge again I'm making mine w/ the slide down w/ the plastic canvas which I bought way back when for my Evolve 8 as the Par38 was so bright for those corals I used it to diffuse the light on the lid. Lotsa great uses for plastic canvas, oh, and the floss I believe the next aisle over at Walmart. Then move the next aisle over with glue!

• Like 2

Plainrt's Slime slide is working I think......

2C7A5CFE-C111-47F4-99DD-62B88FEC2421_zps

:lol: Slime Slide!

So this is a great idea but I need to look back to fully understand how you've got this set up.

• Like 1

:lol: Slime Slide!

So this is a great idea but I need to look back to fully understand how you've got this set up.

Top secret

• Like 2
Paleoreef103

I'm very interested to see how that shape of ATS works out for you. I had an idea for one pretty similar to that one, but considering I only set up tanks once every four to five years, I've never got the opportunity to put it into practice. Tank looks like that move was smooth! Those deep blue 80s are basically the perfect step up from 30 breeders.

• Like 1

I'm very interested to see how that shape of ATS works out for you. I had an idea for one pretty similar to that one, but considering I only set up tanks once every four to five years, I've never got the opportunity to put it into practice. Tank looks like that move was smooth! Those deep blue 80s are basically the perfect step up from 30 breeders.

The latest FTS's look incredible also the slime slide looks awesome, great idea!

Thanks guys. Transfer went well and I'm seeing acros coloring back up already.I think the arts is gonna do some good. Even if it doesn't do as well as other scrubbers it beats nothing.

• Like 1

I love the acans on the sand. Super nice look. I wish I could do it, but with three sand burrowing wrasses, they'd all be buried in a day.

Looks awesome. Keep it up!

• Like 1