SaltCritters.com

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

Yeah it's hard to get it to focus on my tanks without it making colors neon looking. I try and not post any of those and only select the true color ones.

• Like 1

I use yellow safety glasses with mine. It just sucks holding the phone and the glasses together.....

Have you tried using a manual camera app, such as Camera+ or Manual? You can get better control over your shots. I've messed with them, but I don't know anything about photography or cameras.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

I use yellow safety glasses with mine. It just sucks holding the phone and the glasses together.....

Super cheap to get the yellow filter stuff on Amazon

Or make your lights less blue! ?

• Like 1

iPhone 6s. Honestly my old 5c tool better reef pics imo.

Agreed! My 6s does a good job, but my iPhone 5 camera did better with the reef tank. I haven't been quite as happy with my photos since I upgraded my phone.

That's a gorgeous top down shot. Mr. Ugly is TINY! Is he really that small or is it perspective?

• Like 1

Have you tried using a manual camera app, such as Camera+ or Manual? You can get better control over your shots. I've messed with them, but I don't know anything about photography or cameras.

No but will look into that one. I am old and well not many apps on my phone ;)

Super cheap to get the yellow filter stuff on Amazon

Or make your lights less blue!

Well you tell me how to make T5s less blue Einstein :P I don't run that radion crap!

• Like 1

Have been having thoughts of getting rid of all sps and turning into lps/softy tank. Sps has never been my favorite and I'm kind of over it. I'd love me a tank with tons of movement.

:o

DO IT! :)

• Like 1

Agreed! My 6s does a good job, but my iPhone 5 camera did better with the reef tank. I haven't been quite as happy with my photos since I upgraded my phone.

That's a gorgeous top down shot. Mr. Ugly is TINY! Is he really that small or is it perspective?

He is small but at same time the pic might make look smaller as all those palys are pretty large. The red cynaria is also large along with the elegance. This chalice is right around 2.5 inches or so. It gives better idea. The lion has even grown a good amount in the time I have had it.

88B189A5-4E64-44FC-9040-6A2146813277_zps

Well you tell me how to make T5s less blue Einstein :P I don't run that radion crap!

Dimmable t5s help balance it out ;)

:o

DO IT! :)

Thanks Miss. I'm still always thinking about softy tank. I might also change my sons fw tank over to a softy/macro tank as I'm ready to rip down as I'm getting beat by some crazy stringy algae. I just threw away all the plants other day :(

• Like 2
HarryPotter

Take out blue bulb, put in coral plus?

• Like 1

Well I think I may lose my lion. He has stopped eating for sometime now and won't even touch live foods. I have enjoyed this guy for some time now and hate watching him now. I'm guessing I fed him too much.

19EB8949-579B-481D-B15C-622EB22DA619_zps

• Like 2

Does garlic extract help for these guys at all?

They have issues if over feed so not sure would help. I feed my tank a lot daily so maybe just wasn't right fish for me :(

Or maybe it has some kind of internal parasite and has nothing to do with your feeding? You just never know. Hope it makes it though.

• Like 2

Hope it can turn around- beautiful fish

I second that one!

Funny thing is in the wild how does there intake of food get limited? Can they eat themselves to death in the wild?

• Like 2

Yeah Could be parasite. Hate moving stuff out of reef into qt and stressing more. Maybe I'll test some prazi in the reef again. I know I risked it in my last tank when my clown caught something. I moved him to qt and just stressed out even more so I said heck with it and dosed prazi in my reef. Fish are more important to me. I'll watch tomorrow and consider my options.

I second that one!

Funny thing is in the wild how does there intake of food get limited? Can they eat themselves to death in the wild?

Good ? Lol. Hmmmmmm

• Like 2