Cultivated Reef

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

It's all good. I don't like watching fish suffer and now it's not. I had it just few days of a year so not sure what went wrong

I'm sorry. I saw your post in the rock flower appreciation thread and thought that's what I saw but I didn't know it had passed. I thought it was just sitting there. My condolences.

• Like 1

Thanks people. When I got home to check on him I found this. I was actually relieved that it wasn't suffering any more and got a slight laugh at the dumb nem for trying to eat it.When I tried to pull it out of the nem some spines were stuck in the nems mouth. I had to get out my frag tools and cut the lionfish some just to remove it from the nem :( hopefully the nem Is ok. I'm still not sure what made the lion fish go down hill like this. I had him few days short of a year. I'm not sure I will try another one now :(

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since pics.Just got home after week out of town and took some pics of the junker. Think it's been almost 4 months now with the under lit 36inch 4 bulb fixture over this thing.

A709EB90-BF93-4063-8386-1711BF30EB1F_zps

6B2AE5B3-E793-4447-ACE2-0344BA9EC2C0_zps

• Like 11

Been a while since pics.Just got home after week out of town and took some pics of the junker. Think it's been almost 4 months now with the under lit 36inch 4 bulb fixture over this thing.

A709EB90-BF93-4063-8386-1711BF30EB1F_zps

6B2AE5B3-E793-4447-ACE2-0344BA9EC2C0_zps

:wub:

Seriously, you and your junkers! I'd hate to imagine what you consider a non-junker!

And sorry about your little lion fish, Plainrt :(

• Like 2

ooooh, so pretty. What about some closer-ups of your colorful coral?

Thanks. I'll work on this weekend. Just been so busy.

• Like 1
Elizabeth94

Its soo perfect! That bubble coral is super awesome, along with that elegance. I miss mine so much :( but it was way too big for my tank and it ate my snails all the time.

• Like 1

:wub:

Seriously, you and your junkers! I'd hate to imagine what you consider a non-junker!And sorry about your little lion fish, Plainrt :(

Thanks Miss ;) My tank is boring now with just 4 fish.

• Like 1

Thanks Miss ;) My tank is boring now with just 4 fish.

SOOOO boring. I would HATE to have such a boring tank :rolleyes:

Filefish! I think you need a mimic saddle puffer!

• Like 1

Junker :lol: I love it......its like my garage tank. Its the T5s they are just the shit compared to LEDs.........

Old school! ;)

• Like 2

You are way too critical! This is the farthest thing from a junker! Looking outstanding for a new tank! Look at you totally not having the annoying new tank syndrome stuff :)

So sorry to hear about the lionfish. That's really a bummer. I loved seeing photos of him. :( Are you going to get another lionfish, or try something different?

• Like 2

You are way too critical! This is the farthest thing from a junker! Looking outstanding for a new tank! Look at you totally not having the annoying new tank syndrome stuff :)

So sorry to hear about the lionfish. That's really a bummer. I loved seeing photos of him. :( Are you going to get another lionfish, or try something different?

I hung on to the term junk since back in day when I was told my old breeder setup was gonna be junk and not work but it got totm. I'm really not sure about getting another lion. When I kill something in this hobby it sometimes takes me years to try something again. Kind of like i now have a wrasse that jumped through my top and died in my breeder many years ago. If I found a really healthy lion I might get but its not something I told my lfs to get me. My tank is hard to add anything with my jerk clowns so not sure what to get anymore. I'd like more wrasses again.

How is the scrubber working out ?

Looking at doing the same thing with mine.

Still growing stuff good. I believe it's helping ;)

• Like 2

I hung on to the term junk since back in day when I was told my old breeder setup was gonna be junk and not work but it got totm. I'm really not sure about getting another lion. When I kill something in this hobby it sometimes takes me years to try something again. Kind of like i now have a wrasse that jumped through my top and died in my breeder many years ago. If I found a really healthy lion I might get but its not something I told my lfs to get me. My tank is hard to add anything with my jerk clowns so not sure what to get anymore. I'd like more wrasses again.

Still growing stuff good. I believe it's helping ;)

I like how simple it is.......you see all of these with canisters and lights enclosed with pumps.......hell gravity and a light is all that is needed ;)

• Like 1

Ah, ok, I see the significance of junk now :)

And I can totally understand not wanting to get the same fish after a death. I'm definitely like that too. You know I love lionfish, but I do love wrasse-dominated tanks too. Having several different brightly colored wrasses always swimming in the water column always looks lovely.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well here is a pic of my junker. I removed some sps and one piece of rock to open up space in center so my Zoas etc could get some light.

B6293024-F6E8-4802-8F0C-CED8C110146F_zps

B082271C-D545-47B6-BC83-F9982BBB47BB_zps

• Like 8