Top Shelf Aquatics

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

Well here is a pic of my junker. I removed some sps and one piece of rock to open up space in center so my Zoas etc could get some light.

B6293024-F6E8-4802-8F0C-CED8C110146F_zps

B082271C-D545-47B6-BC83-F9982BBB47BB_zps

I wish my tanks looked half as good as your "junker" :D

I'd like to start a Deep Blue 80 shallow like yours. I have an old 90g FW tank. The 80g would fit perfectly on the stand and I love the shallow look.

• Like 1

Well after lots of talk about it........ Bye bye sps.

Hello lps and softies ;)

I wish my tanks looked half as good as your "junker" :D

I'd like to start a Deep Blue 80 shallow like yours. I have an old 90g FW tank. The 80g would fit perfectly on the stand and I love the shallow look.

Dooooo it :) I love shallow tanks. Just not too shallow.

• Like 2

The caps staying as it takes up useless space behind Rock anyways. I'll prob add a green one to the other side. I only have couple more sps to sell.

• Like 3

why the switch? (not that I think it's bad...I love LPS!)

Bored. Also was just really sick of balancing flow between sensitive lps with the sps.

What is the fuzzy SPS above the elegance?

Green one is radioactive acro or the other one to left a bit is rainbow stylo

• Like 2

So I had to get rid my last foxface because it was always picking at acans looking for food........and here is new baby fox ;)

1CCBCAA8-32F5-49E2-99F4-30CE106F8F0F_zps

• Like 8

Best fish in Milwaukee has like 5 more that size ;) I never saw ones as tiny lol. Clowns trying to beat it up but the fox holds its own.

• Like 2

Yeah prices overall tend to be pretty good. Dry goods tend to be cheaper then online also. I feel like I'm ripping the guy off every time I check out there. If your ever north and stop there tell him I sent you ;) Owner couldn't be any nicer. He does get a good number of Chicago guys up by him.

• Like 1

I saw those tiny foxfaces, they were :wub: I sort of want one but hear they grow fast, still, bet they would keep the rocks nice and clean.

Tank is beautiful, I love the deep blue 80, dream tank right there. I ended up with the 75g because it was cheap and came with a stand. I love working with shallow tanks though.

• Like 1

I saw those tiny foxfaces, they were :wub: I sort of want one but hear they grow fast, still, bet they would keep the rocks nice and clean.

Tank is beautiful, I love the deep blue 80, dream tank right there. I ended up with the 75g because it was cheap and came with a stand. I love working with shallow tanks though.

Thanks.Yeah they grow up pretty fast. Just a great working fish ;)

F5EF78E5-DD67-4C4A-AC21-9F96EC91C502_zps

004C7460-9E5A-485E-B09F-F08C854CE72B_zps

F0A2E7B1-7B1A-4986-ACF7-36279E2D9E43_zps

• Like 5

Wow that pic w/ the foxface above the acans really shows its diminutive size.

Yeah it's hard to show how tiny that thing is lol

• Like 1

Looking good, but I miss what I think was the giant stylo in the middle. I love the way the 4 bulb works so well over this.

Yeah that piece is missed. I gotta find something tall for that center section.

• Like 1