inTank Media Baskets

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

So I'm looking thru my old tank pictures from my 5 gallon.. and damn,I miss the zoa's and the success I had with them in that nutrient rich tank lol... Kinda makes me mad. That tank was up for forever and then sudden had to come down,bleh.

Salty Addiction is the name. It's a fairly new store. Maybe been open for a month or so. No I'm not,I'm already part of RS and I don't think I've logged on there in probably 5-6 months lol. There's enough floridians on here to chat with.

Sucks about the funds,like I used to do,wash some cars,mow some grass and whatever else you can do to get that cash man !!!

Thats gotta be the most accurate name to any store ever! And yea, this place does seem to have a healthy population of floridians.

I just can't wait to get a job one day hopefully within the next couple of years. (I know, I'll be eating my words :D)

EDIT: just read this on salty addictions face book page:

I need room for new stock coming in. Come by this week and mention this ad for 30% off on dry goods shelf.

We have:

Chemi pure

Chemi pure Blue

The whole line of Aquavitro

New Era food

Seachem Flakes

4" socks

They are on my computer,I was half tempted to upload them and post 'em but who wants ugly pictures of old tanks ;)

• Like 1

Heading too a lfs today,one of the original ones I've always liked to go to. I'm going to see if I like anything and them I'm going to put it on hold,seeming it would be okay to just float them in my brother n laws tank until I leave work tomorrow... Hmm.. I don't want to push it though.

• Like 1

Well,the trip to the lfs didn't turn out having anything worth while. Which is fine. I'm goin to hit up some other ones this weekend and see what they have.

Nanofreak79

That sucks. My LFS is usually a big let down before I even get there. Lol. I wanted a slimer, they wanted like $60.00 for a small 2" piece.

• Like 1

That sucks. My LFS is usually a big let down before I even get there. Lol. I wanted a slimer, they wanted like $60.00 for a small 2" piece.

Dude that's horrible. The one sh*tyy one I got my pest infested Zoa's from wants $30 for a 1/2" loose piece of Digi.. I almost slapped the guy.

The second place I went to had a HUGE selection of acans but I just didn't have or want to drop money on them.

I'm waiting on Dave to send me some pictures of the yellow led fixture housing he has for sale.. But I haven't heard anything from him yet. I'd love to get rid of my huge Makers heatsink.

Some unfortunate news,one I found 2 red flat worms in my tank,and two,when I stuck my hand in the tank to suck them out with a syringe,my water feels cold as hell. Zoa's are all open,but to my hand it felt really cold. And I have no thermometer to figure out the temp which sucks.

I have 2 coralife digital ones,but both are dead,and even with a new battery they won't turn on -___- ....

Nanofreak79

That sucks dude. Could you pick up a cheap glass one for now. Also sometimes it feels colder than it is. I know I check my temps against a thermometer even with a controller and temp probe.....sometimes it just feels cold. The flatworms I wouldn't stress about right now. They seem to grow in population with dirtier water. Having them isn't a death sentence or meaning they'll turn into plague proportions.

Yeah,I'm going to run by Pet'Ho tomorrow after work and grab a pooty one for now.

I've only found 2,and its weird,the frag has been in my system for over a month,and I'm just now starting to see them. But I got them out.. Even with all the precautions I took by acclimating them,I never saw them. Nor did I see the other 3 nudi's that I found wither.. Bs man,bs..

• Like 1
Nanofreak79

That's how I got my flatworms, I had them months after adding coral. They have gone away now since I treated for nudis two months ago now. Those little bastards are a pita!

Ahhh,no good man. I had them HORRIBLY in my first 5 gallon. Never did any harm though. I probably had a few hundred lol. I haven't seen anymore Nudi's. I stuck the rock of zoa's up to the outlet where the powerhead is and blew everything off and then siphoned all the debris out.

It's water change night tonight anyways,I'll try and find all of them I can,I know theres more hiding like ninja's lol.

• Like 1

Just got done eating at KeKe's which if any Floridaians have the chance to eat there DO IT !! Took the advantage of being next to Living Reef and picked up some super nice frags,I got 5 frags for $25. 2 of which were free :D. I have them holding the frags at the store so we can go walk around at Waterford Lakes in the blazing heat :happydance:

• Like 1

So far I haven't seen anymore. I've been staring at the tank nonstop to see if anymore and I haven't.

Frags are in the tank,all but one are trying to open,only if my damn hermits would stay the hell off of them.. To say the least I'm happy with the pick ups today :) pictures will be posted here soon.

Here da new frag joints,I'll see if I can snap some better pictures tomorrow. One frag still isn't open :( :

image-54.jpg

image-55.jpg

image-56.jpg

image-58.jpg

image-60.jpg

• Like 2

I'm starting to seriously contemplating running a skimmer or not on this tank nowadays. I recently picked up a PLS-50 from NanoFreak but after having it running for a few days between my AquaticLife skimmer and this one,I'm seeing no difference in parameters for nitrates,nitrites,ammonia and phosphates. Looking at my tests results from the past few months,water changes have kept everything in check for the most part.

I'm also going to try to raise my salinity from 1.024 to 1.026 as for when my ATO was out of fresh top off water,and the salinity got to 1.026 all my Zoa's seemed to be very happy campers. I also talked to the guys at Living Reef saturday and they keep their tanks at 1.026-1.027 and especially for sps everything seems to be happy.

I didn't run the skimmer Saturday and yesterday and still have crystal clear water and no surface film due to having good surface agitation. Keeping up on my water changes should be more than enough for this tank. Even if I want some sps in a few months.

Been doing a little bit of thinking,and I'm going to be moving soon so I was thinking about possibly switching tanks,but I may not.

I know I'll be switching up the light once my refractormeter and skimmer sell. I'll be getting 2 11up boards by Dave at NBR from a member on here ( non lime versions ) and custom 10x4.5" heatsink is already being made as we speak. I'll be reusing my 300w MW PSU and LDD's until I can piece together the rest of the light like the 3up coralux board and 3 700mA drivers and sell off all my 700mA HW's,Makers Heatsink.