Pod Your Reef

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Hmmm that's interesting. It could be due to the fact of par it was recieving. That is a huge depth change compared to the 13 gallon. I'm sure the light was what close to maxed out on the 40 ?

I'm in need of more sps.. I've been biten by the bug man lol.

• Like 1
Angel<3Nanos

Hmmm that's interesting. It could be due to the fact of par it was recieving. That is a huge depth change compared to the 13 gallon. I'm sure the light was what close to maxed out on the 40 ?

I'm in need of more sps.. I've been biten by the big man lol.

It could've been. And I couldn't get a hold of a par meter so I was clueless about the readings. And just when j found out a LFS had one, i decided to tear down the tank :(

Haha the stick bug got to you. :D

Ah man,that always sucks.

Hahahaha yeah,I've been bit. I have a few pieces I want to pick up. Actually Alex B said he would frag some stuff for me whenever I wanted some (thank god he's local to me). I want to get my hands on a piece of Grafted Monti that's red and pink my LFS has :D

So next week I'm picking up a FNI 24" T5 fixture,which I was going to retro with my 10" x 4.5" heatsink with my 2 NBR 11up's..

But now I'm just rethinking maybe of just getting new ATI bulbs and replacing the old ATI bulbs that're in it with 3 Blue+ and a Purple+ and just using my 2 11up's over my 2 gallon tank and going full sps :D

• Like 1
Angel<3Nanos
So next week I'm picking up a FNI 24" T5 fixture,which I was going to retro with my 10" x 4.5" heatsink with my 2 NBR 11up's..

But now I'm just rethinking maybe of just getting new ATI bulbs and replacing the old ATI bulbs that're in it with 3 Blue+ and a Purple+ and just using my 2 11up's over my 2 gallon tank and going full sps :D

T5/LED is sexy as hell man!!! Post some pics up when it's done :)

Oh you know I'll post some pics,no doubt about that man lol. It's going to be sick that's for sale. I'm thinking if I do the retro I'm going to go with either 2 Blue+ or 2 Purple+ idk yet.

• Like 1

I like what you have going on here! Jacksonville is quite a bit pricier than Sanford from the sounds of your posts. I used to live in Orlando(went to UCF), and my room mate had 2 tanks. There used yo be a store on University That had good stuff as well but the prices weren't like what you are getting.

No so much here in central florida,the one store I go to gives me ridiculous deals lol.

On another note,you guys need to see what I got today,straight fire !!!!!!! All sps and one super ridiculous cornbred rainbow acan ;)

• Like 2

I like what you have going on here! Jacksonville is quite a bit pricier than Sanford from the sounds of your posts. I used to live in Orlando(went to UCF), and my room mate had 2 tanks. There used yo be a store on University That had good stuff as well but the prices weren't like what you are getting.

I'm living in Orlando now,about 15 minutes from top shelf aquatics. I just dropped $70 and got a deepwater Acro,yellow milli,sunburst monti,green Acro,cornbred rainbow acan,a emerald crab and I think I'm forgetting a piece or two lol. I won't shop anywhere else for now on though TSA has all my business lol.

Angel<3Nanos
No so much here in central florida,the one store I go to gives me ridiculous deals lol.

On another note,you guys need to see what I got today,straight fire !!!!!!! All sps and one super ridiculous cornbred rainbow acan ;)

Pics!!!!!!

Here's a FTS:

image-111.jpg

Rainbow Monti $5:

image-104.jpg

Sunburst Monti $15:

image-105.jpg

Green/Yellow Milli $10:

image-106.jpg

Deep water Acro $5:

image-108.jpg

Pink Milli $5:

image-100.jpg

Cornbred Rainbow Acan $20:

77ec8d40-f9d5-4fd2-b4e8-b56b6d315197.jpg

Hope ya guys enjoy these beautiful new pieces as much as I do lol

Hahaha my AC50 media rack has became a frag rack for some Zoa's :D

image-110.jpg

• Like 4

They have a poker star monti about the same size I wanted to get,but I decided against it. They have a bunch more frags that were really small I want to get still.

In other news,I have a MONSTEROUS cannibal pod roaming my tank. I spotted him last night crusing around and watched him devour 2 other little pods lol. Also,my deep water Acro is starting extend it's polyps and tip is starting to lighten up like the mother colony was,yet the mother colony had NO polyp extension,so weird.

So Zoa's are finally starting to push out baby polyps,and my first acan frag I got has 4 new baby heads coming out,finally.

• Like 1
pismo_reefer

Nice, man! :D

I have a couple mega-cannibal-pods, too.

They die after a couple weeks.

The population cannot sustain them.

(A least, in my pico.)

Thanks kind sir !!!

If it's only him,he'll have good for months. I have a few hundred pods in my tank,that seem to just keep multiplying,which I'm not mad about. Some get caught in the current and shot right into my acans,so I'm not going to complain about free food :)

• Like 1
Angel<3Nanos

I haven't seen him mess with anything,although I've only seen him once,but when I do again,I'm going to feed him to my acan :happydance:

Mwahaha that should be fun! :)

I did some reading up on acans losing their rainbow colors,because mine is now basically orange and red,so I guess with being blasted with light,it's lost some color. So I moved both frags to a shady spot,hoping one doesn't lose it's color and the other one will regain it. Supposedly it's 50/50 on them gettig their colors back. Some people had success,some didn't.. Yay.