Top Shelf Aquatics

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Hmmm,okay. I'm powering 33 leds which is 99w's ( 9 of which are 3ups ) total divided into 4 channels.

You are running 33 LEDs? What do you have this over? I have the 8 gal cadlights tank and I have my rapidled DIY built finally and I thought I had a lot of LEDs (12 blue, 6 white) I'm thinking on swapping out a blue for a uv or other colour.

The tank looks great by the way.

Rob

imagejpg2_zps0c0222db.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsdc4a6493.jpg

imagejpg1_zps92d966e1.jpg

• Like 1

You are running 33 LEDs? What do you have this over? I have the 8 gal cadlights tank and I have my rapidled DIY built finally and I thought I had a lot of LEDs (12 blue, 6 white) I'm thinking on swapping out a blue for a uv or other colour. The tank looks great by the way. Rob

Oh noooo,there was a ass load of 3up on the heatsink when I bought the light but then I traded them for a ass load of solderless leds from RapidLED. Honestly,if I had the money to redo my light,I'd kind of do it differently. Right now,the light consist of ( if I remember correctly ) 4-6 royal blue,3-4 regular blue,2 neutral white,3 cool white,3-4 uv down the center. Royal blue,blue,whites and uv are all on their own channel. Which makes it awesome so I can get the EXACT color I want.

Thanks man,I appreciate it. Thanks for checking out the thread. Do you happen to have a link to your tank ?

I did forget to mention,I was given some barnacle's that were found in Daytona Beach. Supposedly there was tons of them everywhere. Once my girlfriend arrives,I'll snap a few pictures. Im hoping I can kinda make the holes a littler bigger so i can get a Barnacle Blenny and he can have a nice little system of holes to chillax in.

Damn man,that looks good. What drivers and or controller are you using ?

I'm using just the ELN drivers and just the DDC controller from rapid led

I would love to have some barnacles but I have never seen they for sale around me

There was actually a guy selling some nice size clusters of them in the hardware section. I believe he offered free shipping as well.

Here's the 2 clusters before I washed them off and scrubbed them with a toothbrush:

image-43.jpg

• Like 1

I'm using just the ELN drivers and just the DDC controller from rapid led

I would love to have some barnacles but I have never seen they for sale around me

Oh okay. Do you have their triple puck kit,or did you just solder your own stuff up ?

Nice barnacles! Just need the blenny and your set.

Thanks man. I just need to find a place that has them,and isn't charging out the ass for them. I stopped at a lfs yesterday and theirs labeled for $40 but didn't have any...

$40 isn't too bad for an LFS.

Well the place I go to that I got my frags from,has them for $25. Which I'd rather drive a bit and same almost $20 lol I wonder if YCG would chill in them ?!

jedimasterben

You're gonna feel awfully silly when you realize that the barnacle blenny probably won't live in the barnacles like you want and will just pick a hole in a rock lol.

20130503-IMG_0008.jpg

• Like 2

You're gonna feel awfully silly when you realize that the barnacle blenny probably won't live in the barnacles like you want and will just pick a hole in a rock lol.

20130503-IMG_0008.jpg

And if that it doesn't,so be it. It really wont make me mad regardless. If anything I'll cover it in Zoa's or a monti of some sort lol. Either way,they're cool as hell to me.

Man,that's swift. I love how clean and well put together the light is. The look of leds like that are so nice. Now I look at my solderless and I feel like I could have so much more room for leds. Here soon,I'm going to replace all my solderless ones with luxeon's,replace my hw ldd's with the wireless H drivers and a 4up Coralux board.

Here they are all cleaned up,along with all my testing sh*t cleaned up so I can test everything tomorrow.

image-41.jpg

• Like 1
pismo_reefer

20130503-IMG_0008.jpg

Mine lived in the barnacles... All 7 of them... Lol

• Like 1

So I'm doing a water change and took the Zoa's off my frag rack and high up on the rocks and JESUS !!! 3 of the frags have stretched out their polyps and are massive !! Covering some serious area :o I didn't know Zoa's would expand that much in that much of a change in light. I might slowly move them up to get them some good light.

• Like 1

Hey man! Nice tank. I'm in sanford too, I thought I was the only one of us around here (although I don't know if I qualify as "one of us" yet seeing as I've never had a reef!).

Hey man! Nice tank. I'm in sanford too, I thought I was the only one of us around here (although I don't know if I qualify as "one of us" yet seeing as I've never had a reef!).

Are you ?! That's crazy. Did you hear or see the new spot that opened on Airport Blvd ? Hahaha,do you still not have a tank or you being stealthy ?!

Looking good ;)

Thanks man.

How's the cube goin for you ?!

• Like 1

Been busy elsewhere and have had no time to finish the cabinet. The pump is still holding up np and has been running non stop since.

• Like 1

Been busy elsewhere and have had no time to finish the cabinet. The pump is still holding up np and has been running non stop since.

As long as the pump is still going,that's good. Can't wait to see that thing filled man,hurry up and get some free time !!!

• Like 1

Are you ?! That's crazy. Did you hear or see the new spot that opened on Airport Blvd ? Hahaha,do you still not have a tank or you being stealthy ?!

Huh no hadn't heard of it till now. Have a name for me? And yes I'm truly without a tank :tears:. I'm just a wee lad at 14 so funds are non existent until my b-day in november. Hoping to start up a little something-something around then.

Are you a member of ORCA (orlando reef caretakers association)? Made an account on the forum there a couple days ago, seems like a really cool group of people.

Huh no hadn't heard of it till now. Have a name for me? And yes I'm truly without a tank :tears:. I'm just a wee lad at 14 so funds are non existent until my b-day in november. Hoping to start up a little something-something around then.

Are you a member of ORCA (orlando reef caretakers association)? Made an account on the forum there a couple days ago, seems like a really cool group of people.

Salty Addiction is the name. It's a fairly new store. Maybe been open for a month or so. No I'm not,I'm already part of RS and I don't think I've logged on there in probably 5-6 months lol. There's enough floridians on here to chat with.

Sucks about the funds,like I used to do,wash some cars,mow some grass and whatever else you can do to get that cash man !!!