Coral Vue Hydros

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Well the girlfriend did it again,she is "surprising" me with a .5" frag of Setosa from TSA. The Green Birdsnest and Superman Digi are happy as hell. So I may have her pick me up a frag of green Seriatopora as well if they have any left.

I unhooked my white channel to take the red led out,but I need to wire them back up. Hopefully I can figure this sh*t out lol. Pictures to come later on though.

So I have a 2.5 gallon DBS betta tank AIO just laying around,I'm really starting to think I need to make a frag tank until I move to hold all my frags lol. This 2 gallon has absolutely not enough room and there's still more pieces I want to get :D

So,last night the motor in my AquaClear decided it wanted to quit working,thank god I have 2 other motors. Also the AC50 impeller I have,the inside grove is worn down on it so it clicks really bad,which I fixed with some tape.

At the time,I was leaving for dinner when I realized it quit working,so the AC20 impeller is in there now and the Birdsnest is not happy with the flow,so I'm going to have to figure something out.

On another note,my 3up (warm white,cyan,neutral white ) from Steve's arrived today along with some thermal adhesive,so I got that glued down and soldered up earlier. I'm thinking of swapping out the blue's that are in there now,with Luxeons possibly 2up's one royal blue and one cool blue to add some brightness.

Here's a pooty iPhone FTS:

4f9b896c-1586-40c4-ac28-08f714b369bf.jpg

• Like 1

The prices of your frags make me want to cry lol Miami isnt nearly as easy on my wallet

Hahahaha,the store I've been going to brings the fire,that's for sure. But you guys down south have that fuego too that's for sure.

I noticed last night I've got some Hydroids colonizing on a frag of Zoa's,I guess it's time for mass amounts of super glue or try and source a Lynx Nudi. I had a few of the free floating ones but sucked them up during water changes,although my girlfriend thought they were "cute" ?

Getting some encrusting from the Superman Digi

image-88.jpg

Nice green on green monti I got today:

image-89.jpg

Also got this Superman Monti:

image-91.jpg

I got a bunch of zoa frags too,I'll upload some pictures of those later on.

• Like 2

I'm officially stopping the dosing of all Nano Power pack,water quality is total sh*t,brown algae is EVERYWHERE,I have a copper colored algae growing on my media basket in my AC50,and I'm sorta kinda battling flat worms. They aren't bad,but I suck about 5-10 off the glass every day.

Water quality wise,nitrates,nitrites,ammonia are super low. PH is horribly low at 7.4,phosphates are at .25. Calc is 490 I believe,Mag is at 1480 and Alk is high coming in at 13.7... Temp stays between 77.8-78,salinity has been stuck at 1.024 for weeks.

Idk how to get my basic 3 down.. It's been a huge battle for me. Even in my 7 gallon. My desired levels would be Calc-440,Mag-1400 & Alk at 8. I don't dose the main 3 at all,I use Red Sea Pro salt and only do half a gallon water change every couple of days to a week. Unless I suck out some flat works and refill with water change water,so I guess you could consider that a small water change.

• Like 1

Messed with the tank earlier,I think this is the new scape I'm going to use:

image-96.jpg

image-97.jpg

Sps will go on the right rock,Zoa's will go on the left pillar,on the bottom of the tank along with the Acan's.

Still debating on which power head to go with,suggestions ? And awaiting the AC70 I got to be shipped out.

• Like 1

Daaaaaammmmnnn!!!! So much awesomeness here man!

Making me want to put some sps in my 5g lol

following

Thanks man !!! I appreciate it. Hahaha so far it's be easy for me lol doesn't mean they all are.

• Like 1
Angel<3Nanos

Thanks man !!! I appreciate it. Hahaha so far it's be easy for me lol doesn't mean they all are.

Haha tell me about it. My 40g has very good params and I cant even keeps caps alive :/

Really ?! That's wild. I have nitrates,nitrites and phosphates ( yet all 3 are very low levels ) and I'm having no problems. I'm surprised you can't keep even Monti's alive.. Hmph.

• Like 1
Angel<3Nanos

Really ?! That's wild. I have nitrates,nitrites and phosphates ( yet all 3 are very low levels ) and I'm having no problems. I'm surprised you can't keep even Monti's alive.. Hmph.

Yeah idk why. I gave up on sps in my 40. Must be the lighting. Idk

I'll probably try a setosa in the 5gal. Or a poci.

What kind of lighting do you have ?! Maybe give a Digi or some sort a shot and see how it does. If I ever lose any of mine,I won't be too mad,I only paid $10 or less for each piece.

On another note though,I came home and the temp on the tank is 82.16 idk how the sps are still hanging on,but polyps are super long and everything looks fine. I guess my fan I had pointed at it was too low and it managed to spin itself. But it pointed at the tank now and the temp is on it's way down.. Whew.

• Like 1
Angel<3Nanos

What kind of lighting do you have ?! Maybe give a Digi or some sort a shot and see how it does. If I ever lose any of mine,I won't be too mad,I only paid $10 or less for each piece.

On another note though,I came home and the temp on the tank is 82.16 idk how the sps are still hanging on,but polyps are super long and everything looks fine. I guess my fan I had pointed at it was too low and it managed to spin itself. But it pointed at the tank now and the temp is on it's way down.. Whew.

Its the AI hydra. I know it does well with sps because it used to do well in my 13.3g before. Tge new tank is oretty deep. Maybe I haven't set the par readings right. Ugh idk lol

But you are sooo lucky your sps do good under any conditions. :)

What were the settings on the AI ?! Maybe things were too low,or maybe to high. You never know.

I've just gotten lucky so far. I bet when I switch stuff over to my 7 gallon and decide to switch the sps,I'll lose them all lmao. I hope not though. I may just keep the 2 gallon all sps,idk. It's tempting.

• Like 1
Angel<3Nanos

What were the settings on the AI ?! Maybe things were too low,or maybe to high. You never know.

I've just gotten lucky so far. I bet when I switch stuff over to my 7 gallon and decide to switch the sps,I'll lose them all lmao. I hope not though. I may just keep the 2 gallon all sps,idk. It's tempting.

I trued different settings. Some would brown out and some would bleach. I guess I messed with the lights waayy to much and ended up stressing them. *Sigh*

Im sure you'll be fine. Mine went from a 13.3g to a 40g. That's a big difference in tank depth lol