Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Nanofreak79

No I was referring to not dipping/dripping your coral. I'm never acclimating/dipping again. I drip/dip all my shipped corals. It's a joke, everyone relax. There's more than one way to skin a cat, as we all know, obviously.

My bad. I suppose I'm not allowed in this thread either, lol.
Relax gunpowder.
  • Like 1

My bad. I suppose I'm not allowed in this thread either, lol.

Let's play nice here guys !!! Keep it classy not trashy ;). This thread is for everyone,let's not drag other sh*t into it,pweaseee and thank you :D

No I was referring to not dipping/dripping your coral. I'm never acclimating/dipping again. I drip/dip all my shipped corals. It's a joke, everyone relax. There's more than one way to skin a cat, as we all know, obviously.

Relax gunpowder.

I only know of one way,fack hahahaha. That must be the northerner in me.

That's a new one,thanks Jon I'm using that one.

Thanks! I was buying from BRS.
No probz dood. I think the more you buy,shipping goes down if I'm not mistaken.
  • Like 1
Nanofreak79

I usually drive there. There about 40 minutes from me. Or if I'm lazy, I'll use there shipping and get it next day by the man in brown socks.

Nanofreak79

There cool. Always friendly and there display tank is sweet. The owner has a sweet tank in his office lit with kessils, thing is badass.

Did some testing tonight,and params were HORRIBLE. But as usual the zoa's were happy lol. While I was doing my 1.5 gallon water change,I found the source,it was one of my dead hermits down in a crevice of a rock. I usually see all 4 of them crawling around,but had only been seeing 3 for the past day or two,and now I know why.

Also,while I was cleaning the glass before the water change,I noticed I have a nice population of pods all over the back wall,which is nice to see. Oh,and does anyone ever have a problem with their snails just chilling at the damn water line ? I always see mine in differnt spots,but ALWAYS at the waterline...

image-47.jpg

image-46.jpg

image-44.jpg

image-45.jpg

I'm starting to think these are micros

image-43.jpg

• Like 1
CatfishSoupFTW

My snails in both my fw and sw tank chill at the water line here and there. Quite often actually. Then sometimes you can't find them for a good while. Not too sure why but I have never really had an issue.

My snails in both my fw and sw tank chill at the water line here and there. Quite often actually. Then sometimes you can't find them for a good while. Not too sure why but I have never really had an issue.

I had both my snails in the display,but banished one to behind my false wall to keep that area clean because I had a lot of nasty sh*t back there,but he's always on my skimmers collection suck,out of the water lol. While the one in my tank,stays on one or two of the sides of the tank at the water line.

• Like 1
CatfishSoupFTW

Lol you sent his snail ass to the Alcatraz of the false wall. My turbo snail can be chill and sits at the waterline for a bit. But once he decides to go he blows to all my coral at times -_- knocking stuff down. Or blows through a group of hermit crabs

Lol you sent his snail ass to the Alcatraz of the false wall. My turbo snail can be chill and sits at the waterline for a bit. But once he decides to go he blows to all my coral at times -_- knocking stuff down. Or blows through a group of hermit crabs

I did lol just to keep things clean. The 2 snails I got,are fairly calm. My hermits are the bad ones,they LOVE to crawl all over my frags. They piss me off.

They like eating the concentrated filth that builds above the water line.

That explains it all then. The snail that behind my false wall,loves the skimmer collection cup and my media bags right where the water overflows. There a abundance of algae on them. Which reminds me,I need to swap out my carbon and rinse my CPE.

• Like 2

So after the water change I preformed last night,I wanted to see how the param's looked. Nitrates,nitrites,ammonia and phosphates all dropped nearly half of what they were. But,what's ridiculous is calc and alk are super high 500+ ( I had to refill the 1ml syringe and used about .2ml of it and same with the alk,it was around 16.

I did dose about 2.5-3ml of RS Cal & Alk I think it was wenesday or thursday,so now I know I don't really need to use those 2 things. I take magnesium gets used up more because I am starting to see some purple spots forming on my rocks,which is nice. Mag was normal at 1400,which it barley moves,but I can't say because I really haven't tested too many times before or after a water change.

Has anyone ever used a filter sock to catch water when it falls over your overflow in a all in one ? Im thinking about getting one and seeing how it work.

No, because you have to change them constantly. I don't use any mechanical filtration for that reason.

I just feel like my water quality would be suggnificantly better overall if I had something to catch debris that falls over the overflow. Hmph. Thats half the reason I threw my mini skimmer in the rear chamber was to hopefully pull some sh*t out.

CatfishSoupFTW

I have seen people do some foam , corse foam cut outs that cover the overflow. Then just wash it when you think you should and bam. Also prevents things from jumping in there

I was thinking foam and tried it,but see the way my false wall is set up it wouldn't work lol. It always falls. I'll have to figure something out. I could probably just take my skimmer out,and put my AC20 back there when I swap out my girls AC20 for the 50. I just need to get a impeller for the extra motor I have and probably a propeller shaft it's a little rusted.

CatfishSoupFTW

Hmm no way you can glue on some legs or something ? A platform of some sort ? Like the ones you see for glass lids on a rimless tank. Or instead of covering the entire overflow , put a screen of foam against the teeth ? Your flow would change quickly though. I guess your skimmer isn't skimming well ?

It's not even that the skimmer isn't skimming good,I'm just wanting to catch bigger particles of stuff. I'm hoping the skimmer is catch it and breaking it down. The skimmer is producing lighter tea colored skim so it's doing it's job for the most part.

Smidge of an update. Tanks looking nasty today,definitely not as clear as it has been. Haven't dose Pohl's Xtra in a few days but I'm getting some diatom looking algae on the rocks and glass.

Hundreds of pods all over the glass and bottom of the tank. I probably cut the population in half when I cleaned the glass before I did a gallon water change while I cleaned the CPE and changed out the carbon.

I'm selling the my skimmer I have no,getting a PLS50 hopefully in prep for some monster skimming once the tank maters and I grab some sps later on.

• Like 1
Nanofreak79

Over use of that zeo stuff causes some algae. Speaking form experience of overdoing it. Maybe that guy with the skimmer will hold it. Lmao

Not sure how I missed four days .lol

Over use of that zeo stuff causes some algae. Speaking form experience of overdoing it. Maybe that guy with the skimmer will hold it. Lmao

Not sure how I missed four days .lol

Hmmm,that may be it. I was only doing 1 drop every day,every other day. Tank looks like ass,but the Zoa's look phenomenal and full of color.

Hahaha I sure hope so. I could surely use a good skimmer. Eh,it's hard to look my little ole thread lol.

• Like 1