Innovative Marine Aquariums

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Just walked in the door a few minutes ago,walked into my room,and first thing I saw was the ATO container water line had dropped about a inch or so ( I marked a line where a gallon of water was ) and it was about a inch -/+ from the line. So I learned I get a lot of evaporation.. Which leads me to guess the tank is warm. I threw my old coralife thermometer on there and it was 78.3 which isn't killer but still a tad warm. I have a brand new one,but Idk where I put it lol.

On another not,the cloud and lighting settings on the storm or awesome. It's mother approved which is always nice hahaha.

What is everyone's settings for your clouds,lightning and overall settings ?

When I first got my NanoBox, I had the cloud frequency set to 4 or 5 i think. This ended up being too much for me. I ended up turning it down to 1. 1 gives you about 1 cloud every 10 minutes. My lightning is set to 3. This seems to give me the balance that I wanted, but you may want more....

Hahaha that was last night ;). Im going to be fishing and enjoying some nice cold brews with some buddies lol.

Now that sounds fun. This reminds me, I feel like I am due for another camping/fishing trip. Nothing like unwinding in the middle of nowhere with a beer in one hand and a rod in the other.

Reefkid88

When I first got my NanoBox, I had the cloud frequency set to 4 or 5 i think. This ended up being too much for me. I ended up turning it down to 1. 1 gives you about 1 cloud every 10 minutes. My lightning is set to 3. This seems to give me the balance that I wanted, but you may want more....

Now that sounds fun. This reminds me, I feel like I am due for another camping/fishing trip. Nothing like unwinding in the middle of nowhere with a beer in one hand and a rod in the other.

I think my clouds are set on 4 and lightning is set on 5 I need to change my lightning color it's a mix of UV blue and barley any white.

I haven't been but only once this season,so it's time to go. I need to find a good cat fish spot. I'm able to catch nice size bass all day,at least 6-7 pounders but I haven't caught one single cat fish in 6 years. But when I lived up north in Virginia I coughs cats every night. My biggest was a 45lb blue cat.

I think my clouds are set on 4 and lightning is set on 5 I need to change my lightning color it's a mix of UV blue and barley any white.

I haven't been but only once this season,so it's time to go. I need to find a good cat fish spot. I'm able to catch nice size bass all day,at least 6-7 pounders but I haven't caught one single cat fish in 6 years. But when I lived up north in Virginia I coughs cats every night. My biggest was a 45lb blue cat.

Now that is a big catfish. I live in Lake Nona and we have lakes everywhere.....not bad for bass fishing, so I do that every once in a while. I have a friend that lives on Lake Mary Jane and we fish off his dock for cats sometimes. We have caught some pretty good size ones there, not quite 45 lbs though. I really enjoy salt water fishing, though. Nothing beats staying up all night fishing the bridges out in Canaveral for snook or reds.

Reefkid88

Oh really ? I'm right up the roa from you on Narcoossee by Lake Vista road. When I was younger I lived on Lake Manassas which was HUGE. The golf course the Presidents Cup was played on ran right along one side so I could go fishing and watch some on the top names in golf play all the holes along the lake shore.

I've always wanted to go snook fishing,I've heard numerous times it's the best fishing you can ever do. But I've never gotten the chance,which sucks.

• Like 1

So I've got 2 lights hopefully being shipped out today. Both of which are beasts lol. Ones for my girlfriends tank,which that thread has been updated and the other is going to be a spare,light for another tank and or profit I don't know yet. Both will be using Coralux 2up boards,CLG power supplies and Typhons to control them.

Here's a teasers of them:

image_zpse6c8d868.jpg

So left fixture:

Ch-

3nw

Ch2-

2uv

4rb

2 blue

Right:

Ch1-

2nw

1red

1cyan

Ch2-

2rb

2uv

2coolblue

• Like 1

Finally got home today,messed with the tank,the salinity was super low so I went ahead and did a water change. I realized even after one use of the SeaChem tests... I do not like them one bit. I seriously contemplating use crummy API or ordering the RedSea trate,rite,ammonia,ph kits. I think Salty Supply has the kit for cheap,and they're local ( at least the warehouse is ).

But here's a pic:

image_zps3aa20669.jpg

• Like 2
Nanofreak79

I use Red Sea kits now and love them. Super simple and accurate, IMO. I've used the salifert before that. API kits are poop.

• Like 1

I use Red Sea kits now and love them. Super simple and accurate, IMO. I've used the salifert a before that. API kits are poop.

I've never heard a bad review on them besides some people say they are hard to use. But always 100% accurate. I've honestly never had a problem with API I've tested with API and then taken water the same day to my lfs and had the exact same results,so idk. They're just cheaper than most and I guess that's what steers some people away. Everyone has different preferences and companies they use. I'll probably go with RS though. I'm already using their Cal,Mg and Alk kit,salt and their 3 part lol might as well use all their kits haha.

Oh got your media rack and heater today when I got home,thanks again mane :D

• Like 1
Nanofreak79

Well that took for ####ing ever. Considering they charged me out the ass.

I'm kidding, use your poopy test kit, bro. Now your a Red Sea fanboy huh? :)

Oh it came I think it was last Friday,I just haven't been here since I think Thursday ?!? I honestly forgot about it lol.

I have some I was going to use on my girls tank,so I may at least until I'm able to source the kit and order. I've got to pay for my lights ( which shipped today !!!!!! ) before I do anything.

I'm seriously contemplating switching everything over to my empty DBS 10 gallon I have.. But I LOVE the low iron glass so much.. thats my only drawback !!!

Don't change tanks, IMO. Just add another, you already have a light.

If I had room for another... I would. I have 3 extra lights :D I also have a empty 10g and 15g breeder.. Choices

• Like 1

Just a smidge of a update,I've got some "film algae" on the glass but that's about it. No gorgeous diatoms or anything lol. Awesome.

Even though it's only been a week the tanks been sat up,I'm sure the huge swing in salinity has delayed the presence of any bacteria/organisms.

• Like 1

Did some testing tonight just to try and get the feel of the Red Sea Foundations Kit,which was actually easier than I thought it would be,but the results are in:

API:

PH- 8.1-8.2

Ammonia- around .5

Nitrate- 0

Nitrite- .15

Phosphate- around .5

Red Sea-

Cal- 400

Mag- 1400

KH- 12

Salinity- 1.024

Some fisheye shots:

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

• Like 4

Me likey! :D

About time you poked your head in here !!! Thanks man,I appreciate that. See how I mean your scape puts mine to shame hahahaha.

• Like 1

It's been almost 2 weeks and still no signs of a real cycle nor have diatoms showed their ugly stankin' faces yet... Meh.

Here's week 2 test results:

PH: 8.2

Ammonia: .25ppm

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 0

Phosphate: about 3-4ppm

Clac-410

Alk- 14

Mag-1080

Here's a FTS to keep you entertained,nothing new doe:

image-6.jpg

• Like 1

So,I'm thinking I may grab some fish pellets from my brother n law and toss maybe 5-6 in the tank to hopefully kick start this cycle,any input ?

Is it dry rock or live rock?

Dry rock and as you can see,no sand lol. So there's absolutely no bacteria. I've dropped a drop here and there of zeobak to see if that'd possibly kick start anything.