Coral Vue Hydros

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Well guys,here's a monumental update for myself and the tank. Thanks for all the help from Tom dealing with all my questions and him shedding some knowledge for me !!!

We have light:

image_zps1bdcaa27.jpg

• Like 3

Finally!!!!!!

I know man,I was finally able to get some good help an now I'm just waiting for some more leds to come in to add them to the mix.

Looks good! Glad everything is finally working out for you.

Thanks man,I can't wait to get the rest of my stuff in and add them in.

I'm already contemplating getting 1000ma drivers to replace 3 out of the 4 700's. It's just doesn't seem right enough lol. But I'm going to hold off and see how they preform first.

Tonight when I get home I'm going to wire in the Typhon though and get that going.

So anyone know what could be going on,I'm hooking my typhon up now and I hooked the white ( dim ) wire to the positive of my string and spliced my negative from my driver into the negative of lead of the typhon.. All the features work besides that specific string to kick on at the time I started the channel to start. If I go to custom and turn up the dimming,it turns on and dims and if I go to all channels on,that string comes on.. Any ideas ?

Your leds should be there today Steven. I was getting excited to see the mail man for mine as well. No dice though, maybe tomorrow.

They are,they got delivered around 11:30 this morning. Yours and NanoFreaks packages both came today :D !!! It SHOULD be there no later than Friday,hopefully.

• Like 1

Got the rest if my stuff today from Tom and Jon !! So tonight will be fun,but fedex can suck a big one... The box looked like someone played soccer with it,nothing was damaged besides the lid for the tank I got from Jon. It was in about 5-6 different pieces,so thank god I have some acrylic laying around so I can make a spare lid !!!!!

EDIT: Freak,I made a feedback page for you maneee.

Here she goes,not the greatest looking master piece,but it'll do !!! Don't judge my arrangement lol there are a few cool whites I got from Tom,which I'm going to change out for nuetral whites.

image_zps3e0c584c.jpg

image_zpsf728768f.jpg

And the one gallon I got from NanoFreak with his light and then my light for sh*ts and giggles:

Jon's light:

image_zps012f4cc5.jpg

My light over it:

image_zps8fea2b39.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good son.

I actually liked a few cool whites when I did diy fixtures.

Thanks man. I was wanting to get it filled this weekend,but I'm going to be super busy and I just got confirmation that F&S just shipped my test kit out.

I like the pure white look they out out,but they lack the green an red spectrum. I may just add 1-2 more neutral whites.

• Like 1

Got your leds in the mail today! Thanks again Steven.

Awesome !!! I want to see how they look when you get them all wired and fired up.

Got the typhon wired up,still having some issues with it and somewhere along the wiring I guess my royal blues aren't connected so I'm going to recheck the string in the morning. Still can't get the timing down,nor each channel to dim seperately.. This thing is a royal pain in the ass..

Here's a teaser :

image_zps87005fde.jpg

• Like 2

Thank god I didn't have my tank set up yet,the AC went out last night ( on the hottest day of the year so far 88* ) and today the house or up to 93*. Everything would have been fried !!!

are you going to have some sort of chiller or fan blowing on either tank? I let mine get as hot as the house (we don't really like a/c) in the summer. Might just have a fan on each tank this simmer though.

are you going to have some sort of chiller or fan blowing on either tank? I let mine get as hot as the house (we don't really like a/c) in the summer. Might just have a fan on each tank this simmer though.

I didn't plan to no,they actually replaced the whole ac unit yesterday with a brand new one. The one that was cooling the house was 22 years old. My brother n law does have a JBJ Chiller Fan I can buy off of him if need be.

Reefkid88

ITS A MIRACLE !!! I picked up a storm controller for super cheap from a semi-local guy and tonight started messing with it.. Hooked up 2 channels,well what happened you ask..? THOSE 2 CHANNELS LIGHT UP AND DIM :D !!! Idk what was up with the typhon's but idc lol. I'm happier than a fat kid in donut factory !!!

Stand by for some pictures !!!!

• Like 2
Reefkid88

At where I have the controller set,I get a very blue 20k or so look,the settings are as follows:

Channel 1 Blue: 150

Channel 4 Whites: 90

Channel 5: Royal Blue: 190

Channel 6: UV : 85

image_zps030b4828.jpg

• Like 1
Reefkid88

Very nice bro! Now get that thang wet.

I'm going to,I just wanted to get this damn light figured out first man. I have 6 jugs of water at work,I need to stop and get 2-3 more tomorrow after work wash some media,fill up the ATO container,run the airline for that and let 'er cycle.

I've got a massive chubby of the light working though hahahahaha.

• Like 1
Reefkid88

Massive is a understatement !! Idk if I should go bare bottom or sand... Meh. I've got a bag just hanging out in the corner but can't decide !!!

Edit: what I don't get is everything was wired right in the first place with the controller and light,so idk if when the dude blew the psu it fried something or what.. So weird. But big thanks to Mark on the come thru with the cheap ass Storm maneee !!

• Like 1