SaltCritters.com

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

jedimasterben

It won't get anything going well without bacteria, though, and I'm not sure how well Zeobak actually works as far as establishing bacterial cultures.

It won't get anything going well without bacteria, though, and I'm not sure how well Zeobak actually works as far as establishing bacterial cultures

This is all the Zeovit website says for ZeoBak:

The value of bacteria in saltwater aquariums is one of the most under appreciated water quality parameter by aquarists. Planktonic bacteria provide corals with nutrients necessary for optimal growth and color. ZEObak contains various types of bacteria and when used in combination with ZEOfood, corals are able to take up the planktonic bacteria. Experimental studies have shown that ZEObak and ZEOfood provide more intense coral colors immediately after dosage.

I'm looking at the bottle now and it says:

-For a healthy,well-balanced and efficent bacterial fauna

-Contains several bacterial strains that form a chain of unwanted substances

-Corals can use the added microoraganisms as a food source

is that a cheapo hydrometer thing hanging on the side? aren't those not very accurate

Unfortunately it is,I have a refractometer I just need to order some calibration fluid.

• Like 1

So I left my brothers house after work today,an totally forgot to grab some fish food.. Is there anything I can use from around the kitchen to start a cycle ?

Pee in your tank.

I mean,sounds legit ;)

But forreal,can I use some bread ? Or some yeast or something... I've read bread works but creates a little amount of ammonia.

• Like 1
Nanofreak79

You can actually pee in your tank. Or put some in there. Bacteria gets in from the air to. You just need a food source. Pee, table shrimp etc.

You can actually pee in your tank. Or put some in there. Bacteria gets in from the air to. You just need a food source. Pee, table shrimp etc.

That just sounds so damn sketchy hahahaha. What about beer ? Seeming that makes up 75%+ of my urine anyways lol.

• Like 1

Just swing by ace hardware and pick up a bottle of ammonia. Its like $3 and for your size tank you'll only need a drop or two to get it started.

Went ahead and grabbed a bottle of Nutrafin "cycle" from PetLand. I had a credit there from when I had bought my DBS 2 gallon,the lid was cracked so they refunded me my money.

I read a bunch of reviews on this stuff,and everyone seems to say it's pretty good for what it does,so I went ahead and bought it. I'll see if it does anything for me,if not,it was free anyways.

Also,anyone ever used or heard of anyone using the jebao doing system ? I almost one to try one and see how it does. I really can't find any reviews on it though.. Hmmmm...

I've been using Nutrafin Cycle for 4ish days now,and still nothing really,which is a surprise. Phosphates are a little higer than before,and PH is a little lower,but as you can see ammonia,rites and trates are the exact same.

9c18281e-c1e4-48bf-81c7-68b92667c01b.jpg

• Like 1

When I got home last night,I finally noticed some diatom growth on the top of the rocks. Finally. I didn't test anything,I will Thursday when I get home.

Hopefully this cycle doesn't last long. I'll probably do a hefty water change and get ready to find a nice little neon goby or clown goby.

• Like 1

20140603_233024.jpg

20140603_233038.jpg

When I got home tonight, I notoced I've got some algae growning on the front right corner of the tank, and on the highest part of the rock work. I'll do some testing done tomorrow evening.

Don't mind the lines in the camera. I think it was the setting I was using, then the phone started acting weird, hmph.. :angry:

• Like 3

Tank looks so crisp. I like the lighting. Glad to hear your finally cycling this bad boy.

Thanks man, you and me both. I'm a busted Samsung Galaxy S2 for pictures, which takes VERY close to real life to what the light is putting out.

• Like 1
Nanofreak79

It takes photos well. I see a lot of Samsung phones taking nice pics. Interesting.........I'll still keep the iPhone. I did own a galaxy note2. Thing was always actin a fool on me.

It does take awesome pictures,that's for sure. My girlfriend and brother n law both have the Note 3 and the picture quality is phenomenal. I actually was able to get a few point and shoots from work,and a 58mm lense that'll fit my sony although idk what brand nor type it is.

Stopped by Living Reef yesterday which is a somewhat lfs. Took some water for then to test,gave them the background info on the tank and they suggested I was good to go.

This place is ridiculous. They have some outrageous pieces. Some cheap $5-$20 and some super expensive $100+. So I grabbed 2 $5 zoa frags and 4 red leg hermits. Acclimated for about 2.5 hours on a VERY slow drip. I need to go back and get a few more frags lol. They had some nuclear deaths,white rhinos,and a few other high end morphs for $5-$10.

Lights are already starting to come on and they are already fully opened.

20140607_225751.jpg

• Like 5