Pod Your Reef

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Got home today,checked on the tank,as usual lol and noticed my deep water Acro has some RTN'ing going on. It's not bad,it's a small patch at the base,but still has some small PE. I'm debating on fragging it or seeing how it does thru the night.

So I'm going to trade some stuff in today,8 frags actually lol.

But I did a water change,and my Mystic Sunset looks like garbage.. Almost like it's starting to RTN,it's got dark spot near the middle of it's body,and it's got some orange slime coming off of it.. YAY.. My birdsnest also isn't looking that great either. But my Milli's and Joe the Coral look fine. So only time will tell :(

Angel<3Nanos

Finally got this beast finished,all I need is some hyper violets and she's 100% finished :Dimage-112.jpg

Daaaaaaaammmmnnnn!!!! That looks awesome man! You built it?

Got home today,checked on the tank,as usual lol and noticed my deep water Acro has some RTN'ing going on. It's not bad,it's a small patch at the base,but still has some small PE. I'm debating on fragging it or seeing how it does thru the night.

So I'm going to trade some stuff in today,8 frags actually lol.

But I did a water change,and my Mystic Sunset looks like garbage.. Almost like it's starting to RTN,it's got dark spot near the middle of it's body,and it's got some orange slime coming off of it.. YAY.. My birdsnest also isn't looking that great either. But my Milli's and Joe the Coral look fine. So only time will tell :(

Oh no! :( freaken sps maaann!

Yeah,I built it. It's a custom heatsink,2 NanoBox Reef 11up boards,powered by 2 700mA LDD drivers and a MW 350w power supply,controller by a Storm Controller.

Yeah,idk what's wrong. I'm starting to think it may be a bad batch of salt honestly,so do the guys at my LFS. Or it's temp fluctuations. My milli's,other Monti's,and all my other frags are fine... Who knows. I'm going to hold off on sps for a little and see how they do before I get anymore.

Here's a better kinda picture,it's messy but oh well:

image-113.jpg

• Like 3
Angel<3Nanos

Yeah,I built it. It's a custom heatsink,2 NanoBox Reef 11up boards,powered by 2 700mA LDD drivers and a MW 350w power supply,controller by a Storm Controller.

Yeah,idk what's wrong. I'm starting to think it may be a bad batch of salt honestly,so do the guys at my LFS. Or it's temp fluctuations. My milli's,other Monti's,and all my other frags are fine... Who knows. I'm going to hold off on sps for a little and see how they do before I get anymore.

Here's a better kinda picture,it's messy but oh well:image-113.jpg

Oh sweet man! That looks awesome. Wish I had the dkills for diy fixtures.

What kind of salt do yoy have?

It wasn't all that bad. You did pretty damn good on your retro man !! I was going to go t5/led retro but I think I'm going to just use what I have.

I used Red Sea Coral Pro salt. I'm thinking of switching to the Blue Bucket when I run out of this salt. I did just get 2 acan frags for $25,pictures to come soon.

• Like 1
Angel<3Nanos

It wasn't all that bad. You did pretty damn good on your retro man !! I was going to go t5/led retro but I think I'm going to just use what I have.

I used Red Sea Coral Pro salt. I'm thinking of switching to the Blue Bucket when I run out of this salt. I did just get 2 acan frags for $25,pictures to come soon.

True. Im just afraid of burning something lol

I used RSCP also. Works well. Have a friend who uses it and has amazing acros.

Myabe tge blue bucket will be better.

Yo. Sweet fixture!

P.S. Add some limes, I promise you'll love it.

Thanks it's been a long road with this light...

I was thinking about it,I was talking to Jeff from Steves about getting me a custom 14up board done for cheap probably do: 4 royal blue,4 true cool blue 2 lime,2 warm whites as 2 violets once they get them in.

• Like 1

Thanks it's been a long road with this light...

I was thinking about it,I was talking to Jeff from Steves about getting me a custom 14up board done for cheap probably do: 4 royal blue,4 true cool blue 2 lime,2 warm whites as 2 violets once they get them in.

Why not just spend $20 and grab some violet and lime stars for el-cheapo and wire them up to the LED array?

jedimasterben

Custom PCB aren't all that cheap, especially for only needing a few of them.

Custom PCB aren't all that cheap, especially for only needing a few of them.

They aren't too bad,14 led 2 channels all luxeon's is on $51 the 7 led 1 channel is $21.

Why not just spend $20 and grab some violet and lime stars for el-cheapo and wire them up to the LED array?

If I do,I'll have to get them from LGB for $10 for 2,and 2-4 so that'd be $20 plus shipping. Then the limes would be like $13 -/+ shipped..

SPS =(

Yeah man... I've had some bad temp swings of about 2-4 degrees the past 3-4 days and it's had a really bad affect on some pieces. The RTN has stopped on the Starburst Monti,thank god and I noticed on the tip of the birdsnest it's lost some tissue but hasn't gotten any worse.

On another not,I was at the LFS using some store credit and was talking about wanting to upgrade and they have a Nuvo Fusion 10 gallon for $100,and my girlfriend said she'd go halves on it with me.. So I have to decide if I want to get it or not.. ?

Well,I found part of the issue for some of my sps deteriorating on me,my AC50 was being noise so I took the motor out and the impeller shaft was super loose and rusted the hell out.. Thank god I had extras !!!

• Like 2

Hahaha I already mentioned that an she wasn't too happy about it,I can see what I can do though,I would love the 20 but new lights would be in order and the less money,the better :D

Now that I think about it,my light might over it,idk. It's a 10" heat sink,which would leave about 6" on each side of the heat sink. My light is pretty much a Duo without Dave's housings. Do you think that'd work ?

Bit of a photo dump :D

FTS:

http://s959.photobucket.com/user/Reefkid88/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-118.jpg.html]image-118.jpg[/url]

Acans:

http://s959.photobucket.com/user/Reefkid88/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-115.jpg.html]image-115.jpg[/url]

a1069755-88fc-416b-aa34-c88f296b0e05.jpg

Joe the Coral:

image-119.jpg

SpellBinders:

image-120.jpg

Sunburst Monti,recovering well from its partial RTN:

image-121.jpg

Green on green Monti,finally starting to grown some:

image-122.jpg

Rainbow,Superman Monti's and Green Milli I need to move higher up,it's browning out on me:

image-123.jpg

• Like 4

Well,I found part of the issue for some of my sps deteriorating on me,my AC50 was being noise so I took the motor out and the impeller shaft was super loose and rusted the hell out.. Thank god I had extras !!!

hey man, my AC is doing this little weird noise too, hmmm maybe i should to check it

And maaaaaan! those sps!

since i added the t5s ive seen my sunset monti come back alive! thought it was long gone!

guess i needed more light :P

Check the impeller shaft and see if it wobbles really bad,it has a VERY small amount of play,but shouldn't be really loose.

Really ? That's crazy. I mean with the less you had before,should've been pleeenty of light lol. But I'm glad to hear it's making a come back man :happydance: !!!

• Like 1

Check the impeller shaft and see if it wobbles really bad,it has a VERY small amount of play,but shouldn't be really loose. Really ? That's crazy. I mean with the less you had before,should've been pleeenty of light lol. But I'm glad to hear it's making a come back man :happydance: !!!

ok solved. just unplugged. wiggled and plugged back in lol

It's annoying as hell isn't it ? That's happened to me twice now !!!

haha yes!

At first im sitting on my laptop next to the tank and thinking "meh, a little noise don't bother".

Next 5 mins I'm all like "#### you AC!!! Shut up already!!" lmao

For real,I know your pain man lol. It's happened 2 times to me now.

I just ordered a white Storm Controller case,1 6' breakout cord from Coralux,1 Luxeon 3up (5k,cyan,25k) 2 Luxeon 2up's (2x RB's),3 430nm Hyper Violets,1 Lime, 2 Luxeon Cool Blues and a 2up Coralux board with a 1000mA LDD to run my blues on. Should be here next week !!!

• Like 2