ReefCleaners.org

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

those are some sick pieces. i've been looking for a joe over and have came up empty. lol have any new fts?

Thanks man. Really ? Where are you located ? I do,I just had to delete all my pictures last night for the new iPhone update.. It was some bs. I'll post one tonight for you.

lilmatty5dimes

yea. i'm over in port st john/cocoa. i have to go down to melbourne cause the ones with 15mins all suck. dang that sucks about your pics. i guess that really want you to upload everything onto icloud to be eventually hacked. lol no hurry i've been slacking so bad on the tank.

Oh okay. I Used to always be at Cocoa Beach,my girlfriend has been bugging me to go again. Yeah,I always went to Oceans Direct in Longwood,but their store has gone down hill so much. So I shop at Living Reef and Top Shelf Aquatics here in Orlando.

I've been meaning to get one up anyways. I may wait until this weekend when I go look at the pieces my guy has set aside for me and what I bring home. I'm waiting on Alex B's stuff to heal so I can pick up some of his stuff.

• Like 1

Top Shelf usually has Joe the Coral frags.

For the pump, have you considered a Sicce. They seem to be quite popular. I think the 1.0 would probably work for you and it would be a tad bit cheaper.

• Like 1

Top Shelf usually has Joe the Coral frags.

For the pump, have you considered a Sicce. They seem to be quite popular. I think the 1.0 would probably work for you and it would be a tad bit cheaper.

Yeah that's where. Got mine from. I know they had a nice size colony is the farm room. I'll see if they have any this weekends when I pop in there for Matt.

And no I havent. I'm still really on the fence about what to do. Part of me says sump it,part of me says just get a SH1 hang-on back from Skimz and call it a day.. Idk man. Zeo stuff is going good for me at the moment with no sump,so idk if I want to go full blown Zeo. But part of me does. Water changes and the few Blue Bottles I dose now are making everything look amazing.

Yeah that's where. Got mine from. I know they had a nice size colony is the farm room. I'll see if they have any this weekends when I pop in there for Matt.

And no I havent. I'm still really on the fence about what to do. Part of me says sump it,part of me says just get a SH1 hang-on back from Skimz and call it a day.. Idk man. Zeo stuff is going good for me at the moment with no sump,so idk if I want to go full blown Zeo. But part of me does. Water changes and the few Blue Bottles I dose now are making everything look amazing.

I was just at Top Shelf on Saturday and I think I remember seeing some, but I could be wrong.

I am no Zeo expert, but from what I have seen in the past couple months, I really would not run a full zeo system on that small of a tank. It is just not necessary. I am not even considering it for my 34, fwiw. Therefore, if the only reason you are considering a sump is for zeo, I would say forget it. In general, though, if you have the time/room/budget for creating and running a sumped system, I would do it purely for the ease and added water volume/stability. Also, in my opinion, that hang on back is going to be ugly, but that's just me.

The only reason I am running an AIO right now is because I just did not have the time to set up a proper sumped system. Plus to do it the way I wanted, it was a couple hunder dollars cheaper to go the AIO route. That pretty much made my decision, but you are probably in a much different place.

In the end, I think you need to ask yourself, how will you feel after having it running for 6 months. If it were me, I would be kicking myself in the a$$ knowing I could have done a sump when I was sitting there staring at a huge piece of equipment hanging off of my 7 gallon tank. On the flip side, I really don't think you will have any regrets from going with the sump, zeo or not.

My thoughts exactly. And honestly,and this place and time,I don't have room for a sump. I was originally going to sump it when we moved,and the date keeps getting switched around.

Even reading up on Alex's thread him not doing Zeo anymore,and he's having better luck was nice to see. Like for my situation,although they don't recommened it,me dosing what I am,I'm starting to get awesome colors and better looking sps. With my water changes and upkeep SPS are not a problem with me. So there would really be no reason to go full Zeo. I personally don't like pale coral and prefer dark more lush colors.

The skimmer shouldn't be to unsightly,it's 16.5" tall my tanks 10" tall and the back will be sprayed black and so will the part of the skimmer that you'd see besides the actual skimmer and collection cup (it's actually the SH2 not the one like I stated). Then I plan to either try and find a MP10 that's used or a RW-4 for flow. We'll see tjough.

I'm trying to get some good pictures I took,but after my update PhotoBucket is taking the longest time to even download one picture.. So I might try out Flikr and see how that works.

lilmatty5dimes

I would go sump of you have the lil extra cash to do it. I was the 7.5g deep blue I had was drilled. All the equipment wasn't all that bad but would have been better if it wasn't there. Here's a pic.
Heater, return for tunze, aquaclear 50(1 tbsp each of carbon & GFO), tunze 3155, pico powerhead, and apex temp.
IMG_9405_zps769de49b.jpg

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

I'm trying to get some good pictures I took,but after my update PhotoBucket is taking the longest time to even download one picture.. So I might try out Flikr and see how that works.

after every update or new version of photobucket i've been getting disappointed. not sure if its just me or what but the new mobile sucks. takes twice as long to get the IMG code. beginning to be a PITA. lol

I really want to,but at the moment I have no where to set up the tank with a sump,it's just can't make room for it. That's the only thing holding me back,honestly.

I'd just need to get a decent stand,filter sock,Skimz SH1,and a return pump,stuff for plumbing and a 30mm diamond bit.

after every update or new version of photobucket i've been getting disappointed. not sure if its just me or what but the new mobile sucks. takes twice as long to get the IMG code. beginning to be a PITA. lol

Photobucket was uploading fine before I did my update. iPhones are just garbageeee lol. My girlfriend has the Note 3 and I love that phone. Normally Photobucket is super fast,I made a Flickr account a few minutes ago and even that's not downloading pictures -__-

• Like 2
lilmatty5dimes

Photobucket was uploading fine before I did my update. iPhones are just garbageeee lol. My girlfriend has the Note 3 and I love that phone. Normally Photobucket is super fast,I made a Flickr account a few minutes ago and even that's not downloading pictures -__-

Lol. I miss my iPhone actually.

Then only thing I like about them is their natural looking pictures. Everything else,sucks ass. I've had iphones for almost 6 years because of work and I HATE them.

• Like 3

After spending the day at the outlets,I went to WWC.. Hah. That damn place is outrageous... So I go where I normally do,Top Shelf and got a Red Planet,Lime in the Sky Acro and Sunset Milli frag for less than the cheapest frag at WWC lol.

Oh,and while I was there talking about skimmers with the guys,one guy gave me a free Gnome Skimmer :D

After spending all weekend pondering about the 7 gallon and going over things in my head,at the moment I think I'm going to hold off on sumping it. I just don't have room for a sump,which sucks. But seeming I got the Gnome Skimmer got free,I'll go with that,and call it a day,boooo I know,but it's whtever.

In non-saltwater related new,idk if anyone from FL is fimilair with Real Street Perfomance,but I got to witness their 1000hp 8 second quarter mile Toyota Supra in action this morning going down the highway.. Sweet baby Jesus that thing is a beast :o

I still can't upload pictures to Photobucket or Flickr,which sucks. Everything is doing good,although I'm thinking of turning the Tenuis and some Zoa's in for store credit.

The Red Planet is looking amazing,Red Monti is exploding in growth. The birdsnest,eh he's about to head to the trash can. I did hook the skimmer up to the tank,it looks horrible but it's whatever.

Will do man,I figured out I just needed to download a new internet browser on my phone,and photos are uploading fine. Will have a boat load posted later on this evening !!

• Like 1

I would go sump of you have the lil extra cash to do it. I was the 7.5g deep blue I had was drilled. All the equipment wasn't all that bad but would have been better if it wasn't there. Here's a pic.

Heater, return for tunze, aquaclear 50(1 tbsp each of carbon & GFO), tunze 3155, pico powerhead, and apex temp.

IMG_9405_zps769de49b.jpg

Also I have started with no sump, and already I miss it ..... in your case I think it is essential. You could try putting smaller accessories. The Tunze 3155 is very large, and so as you keep it in place, I do not believe that the safety float will come into operation, the better the Tunze nano 3152.

lilmatty5dimes

i'm jealous and envy you right now. that red planet and lime in the sky sticks look great. and that acan looks great too have you seen exotic reef? he's have a sale on acans and some of those look killer. might want to check them out. and shipping is only $15 for florida.