Pod Your Reef

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

i'm jealous and envy you right now. that red planet and lime in the sky sticks look great. and that acan looks great too have you seen exotic reef? he's have a sale on acans and some of those look killer. might want to check them out. and shipping is only $15 for florida.

Thanks man. I'm trying to get my RP to get get the best colors that I can. It's pretty dark red with dark red/white corallites with a hint of green base. Also it's starting to encrust the frag plus and I know it's a fast encruster so it scares me lol.

I haven't checked them out,but I'll have too.

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

yea i sold my old red plant to a friend and she just sent me a pic of how its looking now and it grew pretty good over the 3-4 months time. i told her i would like it back now and she said she would frag a piece and give it to me if she ever down this way. def one of the nicer sps.

yea i sold my old red plant to a friend and she just sent me a pic of how its looking now and it grew pretty good over the 3-4 months time. i told her i would like it back now and she said she would frag a piece and give it to me if she ever down this way. def one of the nicer sps.

Hahahaha that's funny. It really is a fast grower. That's what scares me seeming my tank is pretty much a frag tank,I don't want to have to destroy it when I switch tanks lol.

I've seriously been contemplating getting rid of a lot of Zoa's lately. I don't even look at them lol,I'm on a SPS kick at the moment.

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

Hahahaha that's funny. It really is a fast grower. That's what scares me seeming my tank is pretty much a frag tank,I don't want to have to destroy it when I switch tanks lol.

I've seriously been contemplating getting rid of a lot of Zoa's lately. I don't even look at them lol,I'm on a SPS kick at the moment.

i'm on the same boat wanting more sticks and Alex over there has a ton of sexy ones. but i know without my own rodi unit it'll be pretty hard to keep the parameter in check. and now i've got an algae outbreak i'm trying to get fixed. of course zoas like the dirtier water so might just keep this a easier tank and the new build sps.

i'm on the same boat wanting more sticks and Alex over there has a ton of sexy ones. but i know without my own rodi unit it'll be pretty hard to keep the parameter in check. and now i've got an algae outbreak i'm trying to get fixed. of course zoas like the dirtier water so might just keep this a easier tank and the new build sps.

Distilled is your best friend man,that's what I use. Never had a problem. My Zoa's are okay will cleaner water,they just don't graw that fast,which sucks,but it's all good.

• Like 1

Soooo,I'm looking at the tank earlier,and A LOT of stuff is looking like crap.. I'm really starting to think it's the supplements (all the zeovit) in such a small volume of water. Before everyone chimes in,I knew it was touchy and a long shot from the beginning,but I wanted to try anyways. Come to find out,it's not for the tank.

A lot of pieces have lost a lot of color,some have little or no polyp extension,some are losing new growth,some pieces are just hideous. So,I'm sticking with water changes and that's it and I'll leave the tank alone as far as that goes.

During a water,I took out my almost fully RTN'd birdsnest,my small frag of Mille that had almost no tissue left and my Tenuis that what fallen off the rock and had no tissue left,yay.

I'm hoping with a 1 gallon (50%) water change,everything will begin to bounce back a few days after no use of blue bottles. Wish me luck folks...

I think this weekend I may try and get my hands on a frag of Rasta's,Red and Purple/Blue hornets...

Woke up this morning and checked the tank before I walked out the door,my other small Mille is RTN'ing.. I really think y temp probe is still rusting and causing the issue. I covered it with super glue,but what is still getting to it how. I guess it's time to buy a cheap thermometer... This makes 4 pieces this week so far :(

Damn man, sorry to hear about the loses. Get that temp probe out of there is any remote chance that it is causing it. Thermometers are cheap, loosing frags....not so much.

For real. It's crazy. I hope by the time I get home,nothing else has started to RTN. All the pieces I've lost so far are cheap,so I'm not mad,but all my $15-$20 frags are left.. I'm going to get a cheap coralife or whomever thermometer the ones that stick to the glass. You think Coralux would cap the probe with plastic instead of Stainless..

Dang man. :(

Time for a bigger tank.

It's not the tank size by any means. I'm taking the probe out when I get home,going to do a nice size water change and hope things turn around. I just need to rethink going all sps. There are some sexy Acans and Zoa's I want to get my hands on. I'll focus on those again I suppose.

Angel<3Nanos

Well remember small tanks get very sensitive. Even a small element swing does major effect. I bet the zeovit made some swings on your parameters causing your sps to stress.

Well remember small tanks get very sensitive. Even a small element swing does major effect. I bet the zeovit made some swings on your parameters causing your sps to stress.

Which is very true,which is partially why I took all Zeo products offline. That and I expereinced the mini crash and lost those 4 SPS pieces because my Coralux Probe was rusting still even covered in silicone. All the pieces that were affected and making a slow but decent recovery,which I'm happy about.

On another note,I did pick up a new frag of Zoa's though :D

• Like 1
Angel<3Nanos

Which is very true,which is partially why I took all Zeo products offline. That and I expereinced the mini crash and lost those 4 SPS pieces because my Coralux Probe was rusting still even covered in silicone. All the pieces that were affected and making a slow but decent recovery,which I'm happy about.

On another note,I did pick up a new frag of Zoa's though :D

I've heard that rust doesn't do damage on a tank. I blame zeovit. Not that zeovit is bad, just not good for picos. But in glad everything is coming back man! There's always ups and downs.

Man you here picking up zoas and I just bought 3 acros for my 45 today! Gunna give them a shot. They are no name hardy ones. So hopefully. I'll take picks tomorrow and post them :)

Honestly,I say it's 50/50. Can't put full blame on either. But with the rust there has to be molecular/chemical/ion embalance somewhere along the line. In such a small volume of water,I'd imagin it has a huge impact on water quality.

Hahaha yeah man. I'm honestly over sticks in this tank,it's just too hard to keep Lps,Zoa's and sps happy at the same time. Hell yeah,that's awesome. You can post em here if you want.