Innovative Marine Aquariums

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

So is ~77 bad? Keep in mind that if the room the tank is in drops in temp more than normal that the heaters may not keep up.

Very true,but at the same time,1 heater in a tank as small as mine 8"x8" cube,it should be able to keep the tank near 77-78. My house stays at fairly cool (75-76) I didn't think I'd need that much to keep a tank warm. Looks like I'm going to need a 50-75w heater to keep my 7 gallon warm. Hopefully just the T5's will do the job though.

Dang those are nice. What a great price.

Thanks man. They had only a single polyp of purple's in the $10 section,but he picked a 2 polyp frag with some babies out of the $20 section and bagged it up lol. The Acro was only $5,Rainbows were $10 and the other one was only $5. It was buy 3 get one free.

• Like 1

I believe Hydor makes one. I just don't know if it's big enough for a 75.

Yeah, I looked at and wasn't impressed. I've had intank heaters fail/leak voltage on my old tanks, and it's the last thing I need to go wrong on the 75g. I dunno what I'll end up doing. Probably going to use intank for the 2.2g though.

An in-line heater won't solve the failure/leaky issue, as all heaters are made the same way. It's just something that happens and eventually fails.

Oh I know, just thinking about going a different route this time.

Just get a beast of a heater lol. That's all I can suggest. I'm thinking of getting a Hydor Theo for my 7 gallon,seem to be a decent heater for how cheap they are. F&S (soon to be Petco) always has them on sale.

lilmatty5dimes
Just get a beast of a heater lol. That's all I can suggest. I'm thinking of getting a Hydor Theo for my 7 gallon,seem to be a decent heater for how cheap they are. F&S (soon to be Petco) always has them on sale.

hey which one are you getting? I had the 50w one on my 7.5g deep blue and it ran the tank at 81 on the lowest setting. Luckily i had an apex i moved over to it to control it to around 78. But a heads up.

hey which one are you getting? I had the 50w one on my 7.5g deep blue and it ran the tank at 81 on the lowest setting. Luckily i had an apex i moved over to it to control it to around 78. But a heads up.

The 25w one,idk if I'll need one though,because our weather down here,you know our cold weeks don't last long lol and I'll be running t5's,which will produce heat.

• Like 1

Pretty pissed today,the wrong address was put on my package and the post office won't put the correct address on it so now it's being shipped back out to the sender then back to me. So I won't have the fixture for at least 2 weeks.

Damn that sucks man, sorry to hear that..

Yeah,pretty shitty. Depending on how much dude is going to try and charge me to ship it might,I might talk to CoralVue and see how many 6 bulb 24" Fixtures they have.

Nice. Why not go led.

I'm using leds now (as you can see),and I'm kinda over them. The more and more I go into my lfs and see their t5 tanks,I want t5's.

• Like 2

damn man that sucks. good luck

Tell me about it lol. I just spoke to the guy whom I bought the light from. He's going to try and do something before the light makes it out of the state. They wouldn't even let me pick it up tomorrow even with a ID and proof of address,so I'm hoping they let him change the address over the phone.

In other news,I'm battling some ugly brown algae,that was starting to take over some zoa's frags and causing them to close up,so I did a bigger than normal water change (50%),took out 80% of the frags and got a new soft toothbrush head and scrubbed the frags down,cleaned my frag racks and rock,and while doing so put a piece of un-used filter sock cut it up and stuck it in my filter to catch all the debris that entered the filter,made a new batch of GAC and a half tablespoon of GFO all together.

My zoa's and sps are PISSED but starting to open up and the sps are slowly showing PE. My skimmer is going nuts though lol,let me tell you,that piece of filter sock I put in my filter was dark dark brown after 10 minutes which I wasn't surprised by.

Oh man. You know. After my cyano problem, I've been getting these stringy brown algae that's pissing off my zoas. I hate it.

That's exactly what this is. Idk if it's from too much amino acids or what. So I'm going to hold off on feeding until the weekend. And I cut my lights back from 155/65 to 115/30 (blues/whites) to see if that helps. I may cut my photoperiod down about a 1-2 hours too.

That's exactly what this is. Idk if it's from too much amino acids or what. So I'm going to hold off on feeding until the weekend. And I cut my lights back from 155/65 to 115/30 (blues/whites) to see if that helps. I may cut my photoperiod down about a 1-2 hours too.

From what I've read its some sort of diatom algae and should go away on its own. But if it is due to too much amino acids I should start cutting down too lol

It honestly could be either one. I'm still going to hold off on feeding Amino's until this weekend. And only do 4-5 drops.

I was really hoping to get my 7 set up this weekend.. But yeah. I don't think it's going to happen.

I've always been a fan of T5's. I see more and more out of control algae related issues on tanks that only run leds...

I believe it. Leds put off some ridiculous light. It says my light was delivered yesterday but I'll have to call the post office to see if they out the right address on it.

• Like 1

Soooo,I got the light today. Saturday I'm heading to the LFS grabbing some ATI bulbs and going to Home Depot to get some screws to fit in my hanging kit and paint to spray it black.

• Like 1