Innovative Marine Aquariums

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Went to WWC's farm opening,and it was a total shit show,at least I thought so. With 30% off,everything was super expensive and mainly fresh cut it looked like. I did grab some SeaChem Reef Glue,and AquaVitro Salinity salt mix with their 10% off sale. And then stopped in at Living Reef and grabbed this nice Tenuis for $10:

image-1742.jpg

what the hell. how hard is it to put in some rock and sand and water? :lol:

I know I know... I've just been putting it off lol don't judge me hahaha. It'll happen,eventually.

• Like 2

That's a sick piece.

Thanks man,couldn't pass it up for the price. And same for this piece its blueish green,with the same color polyps I only paid $8 for:

image-189.jpg

• Like 1

Damn. That a nice one also. Looks kinda like a Hawkins. Def another nice piece.

That's what I was saying. The guy at Top Shelf was saying no,but comparing it to their Hawkins mother colony,with no other pieces looking like this in their whole system,we figure out it was most likely a Enchinata. I'm waiting it to start coloring up,they have crummy Japanese leds over their tank...

Forgot to mention too,my girlfriend secretly ordered me a RW-4 for my 7 gallon,so I'm excited about that. And if anyone locally (Orlando/Airport area) is looking for any Zoa's let me know,I'm wanting to thin out my collection a little. I'd rather sell them to reefers than get store credit for them,or make a trade for some SPS frags. LMK !!

• Like 3
lilmatty5dimes

Forgot to mention too,my girlfriend secretly ordered me a RW-4 for my 7 gallon,so I'm excited about that. And if anyone locally (Orlando/Airport area) is looking for any Zoa's let me know,I'm wanting to thin out my collection a little. I'd rather sell them to reefers than get store credit for them,or make a trade for some SPS frags. LMK !!

Your going to love that rw4. I might be taking my sand out to add another one. Shot me a list of zoas you have i might be interested in ones I don't have. Don't really have any sps to trade. Your pretty close by.

Your going to love that rw4. I might be taking my sand out to add another one. Shot me a list of zoas you have i might be interested in ones I don't have. Don't really have any sps to trade. Your pretty close by.

Hopefully,everyone keeps saying I will. It's getting me closer and closer to setting my 7 gallon back up. If you want,just shoot me a PM with your number and I'll shoot you over some pics later on this evening. And maybe we can work something out. I'm waiting to see if Randy's wife likes any,I already sent him a few pics of stuff the other day.

Hopefully,everyone keeps saying I will. It's getting me closer and closer to setting my 7 gallon back up. If you want,just shoot me a PM with your number and I'll shoot you over some pics later on this evening. And maybe we can work something out. I'm waiting to see if Randy's wife likes any,I already sent him a few pics of stuff the other day.

I'll try and talk to her tonight and let you know.....

So,I got bored and found my .9 gallon tank and threw the rw-4 in it,and surprisingly,it moves water pretty damn well. On the .9 it doesn't really have a chance to make a water,but on the lowest settings it doesn't even want to push water out of the tank. So that's good. If I could mange to fit it in the 2 gallon,I would but it'll do perfectly in the 7.

Picked the guys up lastnight,about 10-12 polypa for $15 wasn't bad. Also got a frag of Radioactive Pinks,and a Green/Blue tipped Stag (both not pictured)

image-952.jpg

• Like 3

you always find such good deals!

Thanks man,I always spend my time looking so I find the best pieces. Wait until you see these and the other Zoa's top down,so crazy !!

• Like 1

Thanks man,I always spend my time looking so I find the best pieces. Wait until you see these and the other Zoa's top down,so crazy !!

How are the colors maintaining for all your zoas? I notice a few of mine got duller since the day I got them. Not sure what's causing them to fade out.... =(. I am thinking it's cuz my tank is so overstocked that all the corals are completing for nutrients but at the same time my tank is dirty from all the corals pooping.

How are the colors maintaining for all your zoas? I notice a few of mine got duller since the day I got them. Not sure what's causing them to fade out.... =(. I am thinking it's cuz my tank is so overstocked that all the corals are completing for nutrients but at the same time my tank is dirty from all the corals pooping.

Pretty good,a lot are morphing after the switch from led's to t5's. Which I really don't mind because they're starting to look better. But other than that,I don't have a problem with zoa's dulling out or melting,besides purple/blue hornets. I cannot keep them to save my life. I'm surprised my sps are doing as well as they are because my talk is so damn filthy.. I'm not complaining though lol.

Made another trip out to Living Reef tonight (my girlfriend was bored & I'm not complaining lol ) and got this Tenuis and a single polyp of AOG Zoa's. The AOG isn't open yet.. So no pics of that. This was literally 1-2 minutes of being placed:

image-190.jpg

• Like 2

what the hell. :lol:

Ben,got a quick question,I'm going to keep my SPS in my 2 gallon until my 7 gallon ready to handle them,will this be suffice for a temp light if driven at 700mA (the highest rating for this pooty leds) ? 1 WW,2 RB and 2 HV.

image-1776.jpg

Depends on distance, but more than likely it's more than sufficient.

I'm going to try and hang it around 8-10" or so. Using a CLG-150 to power it. It'll be just on and off,but oh well,I'm not forking out $50 for another storm.

You wouldn't happen to have a extra ldd and some thermal adhesive laying around would you ?

jedimasterben

I'm going to try and hang it around 8-10" or so. Using a CLG-150 to power it. It'll be just on and off,but oh well,I'm not forking out $50 for another storm.

You wouldn't happen to have a extra ldd and some thermal adhesive laying around would you ?

No, none that are extra.