SaltCritters.com

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

No, Buckpucks are DC-DC, it says in the description :P

wow.... I didn't even see that Ben... thank you for making me feel stupid lmao. So CLG + 1 LDD it is lol. I'll just have to deal with constant on/off and no dimming <_<

Of course I've seen your tank :) You are finding some killer steals on your pick ups. Jealous!

Thanks man,I try and always find the best stuff I can. supposedly my lfs is cutting up TONS of $5 pieces of their sps colonies that haven't really sold or colored up how they wanted,so I may pick me up a few ( probably like 5-6 ) lol. We'll see though.

• Like 2

I think I may have some good news,when I went full retard and tried zeo in my tank I turned my replant completely white pretty much,was still encrusting and had PE,but no color. Well it's finally starting to get a darker purplish pink color so I'm hoping its on it way back to normal :D !!

Was able to get a par meter from my LFS store,and got some numbers from my light. I was quite surprised with the numbers with such crummy ballasts. When I get my tax return,I'm going to grab to ATI ballasts from Reefers Direct right down the road from me and test again. Current bulbs are 2x B+,ATI Actinic and 1x Coral Plus. Fixture is about 6.5-7" from waters surace and total height from light to Hawkins is about 12-14".

Here are the numbers.... (drum rollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll !!!!) You can't really see it,but at about 1" under the light par is 620-625 and 300-312 at waters surface.

iPhone5s1-24-15278par_zpsc010e8aa.jpg

So for whomever is tagging,the tank is chugging along. I did lose my rainbow Monti to Monti Eating Nudi's,the Mystic Sunset is recovering super fast though. They started munching down on my red Monti,but I dipped the hell out of and stressed it,but it's looking over now.

I've had some stuff on hold for a few weeks that I picked up,and got a 3 polyp of Blondies for $20 which I thought was a KILLER deal lol. Pictures to come later on this evening.

image_2.jpg

image_1.jpg

• Like 2

It's starting to look like when I get my tax return I'll be ordering 2x ATI ballasts to replace the stock ones in my fixture and getting a RapidLED Nano driver with pot and adding 4x Luxeon Royal Blues and 4x Luxeon Warm Whites and 2x SemiLED Hyper Violets splitting them up on 2 12" heatsinks from Rapid consisting of 2x Royal Blues,2 Warm Whites and 1 Hyper Violet on each side of the fixtire to boost par a little.

Any input on anything that would be better ?

So I picked this guy up today,I'm not sure if it's a not so colored up PC Rainbow or what,I'm thinking it is,but we'll see I got it for dirt cheap. I also got some red Acans with rainbow centers for $25 which has 5 quater sized heads,2 polyps of rainbow Acan's for $10 and a frag of Birdsnests.

Here's the what I think to be PC Rainbow:

image_1.jpg

• Like 1

you did get a good deal on your blondies :) mine cost twice what you paid and I thought THAT was a great deal, lol. they're beautiful zoas!

Well thank you :). Honestly,compared to all the other Zoa's I have,there's really nothing to "special" to them but defintely a good looking Zoa. Thank you for stopping in !!

lilmatty5dimes

Great addition man. I just picked up a chunky frag of rainbow monti for $10. That sps is going to look pretty once it gets used to your tank. That was a good deal on your blondie probably one of my top picks.

Great addition man. I just picked up a chunky frag of rainbow monti for $10. That sps is going to look pretty once it gets used to your tank. That was a good deal on your blondie probably one of my top picks.

Thanks man. I love rainbow Monti's but right now I'm fighting Monti Eating Nudi's and I cannot beat them. They destroyed my Rainbow,are half of my Mystic Sunset which recovered but still having issues,and started to munch on my Superman Digi and my Red Monti,I've been dipping the shit out of them,but I still can't get rid of them.

I'm hoping so,Top Shelf's 20 gallon tank has a piece and it's sick as hell. I'm hoping it colors up. The tip is already changing colors since last night. So we'll see. Thanks, I couldn't pass the price up. Yesterday I got a bunch of shit for crazy prices. Living Reef was trying to free up room for a huge tank they were breaking down,so the prices were crazy.

Random pics:

New Acan i got yesterday:

image_4.jpg

Other new Acan:

image_5.jpg

Red Wine Acro:

image_6.jpg

Blondies:

image_7.jpg

What I believe to be PC Rainbow:

image_8.jpg

New Biddsnest:

image_9.jpg

Rainbow Zoa's don't know the exact name:

image_10.jpg

• Like 2

Yesterday I got a bunch of shit for crazy prices. Living Reef was trying to free up room for a huge tank they were breaking down,so the prices were crazy.

You're probably talking about my buddies 300. He just downsized to a fusion 60 as he was paying a ton of money in maintenance to keep it going. He kept all his SPS but sent all the fish and softies/LPS back to Living Reef for them to sell. I was in LR yesterday and it was somewhat empty. I think they took all their nice stuff out to Tampa for the frag swap.

Random pics:

New Acan i got yesterday:

image_4.jpg

Other new Acan:

image_5.jpg

What I believe to be PC Rainbow:

image_8.jpg

Rainbow Zoa's don't know the exact name:

image_10.jpg

These kinda look like Vivid Rainbows. Nice looking zoas. The acro is nice too. Not sure about PC Rainbow, but if it is that was a steal. Im sure it will color up nicely in your setup, and whatever it is, it will look good. Both the acans are cool lookin too.

• Like 1

You're probably talking about my buddies 300. He just downsized to a fusion 60 as he was paying a ton of money in maintenance to keep it going. He kept all his SPS but sent all the fish and softies/LPS back to Living Reef for them to sell. I was in LR yesterday and it was somewhat empty. I think they took all their nice stuff out to Tampa for the frag swap.

These kinda look like Vivid Rainbows. Nice looking zoas. The acro is nice too. Not sure about PC Rainbow, but if it is that was a steal. Im sure it will color up nicely in your setup, and whatever it is, it will look good. Both the acans are cool lookin too.

That's probably the tank then. Dylan sold me the Acans for $5 a head on both frags which was really cheap. That's crazy though,I'm sure he was paying out the ass for maintaince. I don't blame him.

I tried finding what other Zoa's they looked like and Vivids and Bowsers were the only thing that came close to looking similair but I know they aren't bowsers lol. Idk what it is either. It was in the cluster of other PC Rainbows they had,so I was hoping that's what it was. Kevin wasn't there and Sanjay is the one who sold it to me for $20. But regardless it's going to be a killer piece,it's corallites are gettig more color and the tip is starting to turn magenta/purple. So we'll see. Thanks for the compliments though man.

I also need to talk to Pancho next time I'm in Living Reef about one of Radions that supposedly the mother board is burnt up on ;)

Yeah, he told me supposedly he was paying somewhere around $200 a month just for Cal/Alk/Mag!!! Dylan was actually maintaining it for him as he travels a lot for business. All in all he told me he was spending somewhere around $800/month just to maintain the tank.

Those are some awesome deals steals you got there buddy.

Yeah, he told me supposedly he was paying somewhere around $200 a month just for Cal/Alk/Mag!!! Dylan was actually maintaining it for him as he travels a lot for business. All in all he told me he was spending somewhere around $800/month just to maintain the tank.

Those are some awesome deals steals you got there buddy.

Jesus H that's outrageous !! Was that just testing or testing and dosing ? That's crazy. I don't evn see how there's $800/month worth of stuff to do honestly.. Wow.

Thanks man. There are a few more things I need to figure out and my 7 gallon will be started and I think I'm going to put my Zoa's/Acan's and some mushrooms in a 5 gallon I got from work. To make my life easier trying to make SPS and Zoa's happy is hard lol.

Jesus H that's outrageous !! Was that just testing or testing and dosing ? That's crazy. I don't evn see how there's $800/month worth of stuff to do honestly.. Wow.

Thanks man. There are a few more things I need to figure out and my 7 gallon will be started and I think I'm going to put my Zoa's/Acan's and some mushrooms in a 5 gallon I got from work. To make my life easier trying to make SPS and Zoa's happy is hard lol.

The $200 was supposedly just dosing. I'm pretty sure the $800/month included everything: salt, water, paying Dylan, supplements, electricity cost, etc. Still crazy though...

Cool man, cant wait to see both setups all done and running.

The $200 was supposedly just dosing. I'm pretty sure the $800/month included everything: salt, water, paying Dylan, supplements, electricity cost, etc. Still crazy though...

Cool man, cant wait to see both setups all done and running.

That's just nuts. I Honestly don't blame him for down sizing lol. With that money you could just get a doser,and just have him do testing.

Thanks man,even with 2 tanks I think it'll make life easier and corals more happy.

Holy crap that's Ton of money. I could build. New tank every month for that. Lol

That's what I'm saying lol. Bump all that mange.

That's just nuts. I Honestly don't blame him for down sizing lol. With that money you could just get a doser,and just have him do testing.

Thanks man,even with 2 tanks I think it'll make life easier and corals more happy.

That's what I'm saying lol. Bump all that mange.

Yeah, it was an amazing tank, though. I wish I had better pics of it from before he took it down. It is a very impressive tank. It was actually Pancho's(owner of Living Reef) Dad's tank and he bought it from him. The stand was custom and made out of imported zebra wood. It was a peninsula style 300 gallon rimless with an external overflow, and I believe its all starfire glass. He is still trying to sell it if you know anyone interested in an amzing 300 gallon setup.

Having 2 tanks has definitely crossed my mind on a number of occasions. It is not easy having a mixed reef. I just could not deal with maintaining 2 tanks right now. I seriously think my wife would kill me, lol.

• Like 1

Yeah, it was an amazing tank, though. I wish I had better pics of it from before he took it down. It is a very impressive tank. It was actually Pancho's(owner of Living Reef) Dad's tank and he bought it from him. The stand was custom and made out of imported zebra wood. It was a peninsula style 300 gallon rimless with an external overflow, and I believe its all starfire glass. He is still trying to sell it if you know anyone interested in an amzing 300 gallon setup.

Having 2 tanks has definitely crossed my mind on a number of occasions. It is not easy having a mixed reef. I just could not deal with maintaining 2 tanks right now. I seriously think my wife would kill me, lol.

Damn,that sounds down right crazy. I'd love a set up like that. That's something you could swim in hahahaha.

Well,at least if you did,the 8 gallon would be easy to just set up in a corner somewhere lol.

lilmatty5dimes

Hey I've got a friend looking at upgrading tanks. Have anymore info?

Hey I've got a friend looking at upgrading tanks. Have anymore info?

It is a very high end system. 300 gallon peninsula style, with external overflow. I believe it is low iron glass, but I would have to ask him to confirm. The stand is made out of imported zebra wood. Im trying to get him to send me some pics and more info. I'll let you know if he sends it to me.

Some random shots over the weekend:

Rainbow Mille:

image_19.jpg

Wild Green & Blue Tenuis:

image_22.jpg

I'm still trying to get my Red Planet to color up:

image_23.jpg

I've had these Hawaiaan Zoa's since the beginning but they fell down behind the rock work and finally pulled them out after 4-5 months lol:

image_25.jpg

Mr.Pacamn:

image_24.jpg

image_26.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out wtf this is,the base is getting more green:

image_16.jpg

• Like 3