SaltCritters.com

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Well,IPhones officially suck lol. Tried to get a picture of the new Acan,but like 90% of the colors didn't even get captured... It's got rainbow on the outside,pink near the center and the center has some green in it:

image_78.jpg

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

Well,IPhones officially suck lol. Tried to get a picture of the new Acan,but like 90% of the colors didn't even get captured... It's got rainbow on the outside,pink near the center and the center has some green in it:

image_78.jpg

Bro $9 orange gel filters will filter out the blue and get the true colors.
  • Like 1

Damn dude,those are nice. Where's he located at ?!

Here's a decent picture of the Green and gold Acan I grabbed last week:

image_21.jpg

• Like 4
lilmatty5dimes

He's down in Palm Bay. His tank is sick. Wish I had $3500 for it as he's selling it. The ones sold are the ones I'm picking up tomorrow. I really want the poto airbender and ultimate predator.

Plus getting a few more zoas over in Kissimmee Sunday.

I know I said I was going away from SPS but for $5 I couldn't pass these guys up lol. And I got some King Madia Zoa's too.

image_79.jpg

image_82.jpg

image_81.jpg

Those 2 SPS look similar,but aren't. Both are different colors. Damn iPhone just messes everything up.

image_80.jpg

• Like 4

That king midas!! Love it!

Nice sticks man. I really like that first one. Any idea what they are? Living reef specials I'm assuming.

Thank man,they didn't have any single polyps,so I got that frag for cheap and there's a baby on the back side that's open.

No idea,they had tons of frags of it. But that one was only $5. So were the other 2. It was but 2 get 1.

Here's a day light shot of the other 2 under 65k and actinic:

image_83.jpg

image_84.jpg

I love these guys,they're finally starting to open back up:

image_85.jpg

• Like 3
lilmatty5dimes

image_85.jpg[/url]

Sps look like they have potentially king Midas are great old school zoa. This plug(if I got it right) needs together pulled out of the tank and pick off all that algea. Looks like that bryopis.

• Like 1

Sps look like they have potentially king Midas are great old school zoa. This plug(if I got it right) needs together pulled out of the tank and pick off all that algea. Looks like that bryopis.

It is,I didn't have any and then BOOM I came home one weekend and it popped up EVERYWHERE. This past weekend I spent like an hour during the water change scraping it off plugs with a razor blade. Some frags it's starting to drown out some zoa's. I have a feeling it came from one of Living Reefs frags,and I just didn't see it. Which is a bummer.

Pick it off or dip in some hydrogen peroxide and tank water. I do 50/50 mix. Nice pieces you picked bro.

Thanks mane !!!! I'm going to dip and clean everything really well this weekend. And switch out the carbon and gfo as well.

How's the tank coming along ?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Got 3 new frags today for stupid cheap,$30 per say lol

Super Saiyan:

image_90.jpg

Red Planet:

image_89.jpg

Weird ass Mille,it's purplish red with green:

image_88.jpg

• Like 4

I also dipped some zoa's in 50/50 mixture of peroxide and tank water. Scraped algae off and then dipped again. The zoa's I dipped look like complete asshole... Which isn't surprising. Some formed a clear looking coating over the polyps.

• Like 1

Nice frags!

Thank you !!!

I love that $5 no name SPS. Cheap generic beautiful corals are the best :)

Are you talking about the lime green one ?! And they really are. I love cheap pieces,especially if they look good :)

Nice frags! Milli looking dope. I love the saiyans.

Thanks man, It's got some potential. We'll see what it turns into in a few weeks. I've got a few things to order to put together my "light" lol.

• Like 1
Nanofreak79

Idk man. On zoas I do a 3:1 ratio. 3 being tank water. I feel like 50/50 is alot of peroxide.

I've always done a 50/50. I haven had any I'll affects. I use my phone and do exactly one minute, slightly more if there's some super funky algae. It just needs to break it down and then I use a tooth brush to to get it off easily. I could see 3:1 working fine to. If I lost anything it was do to the algae overtaking, not the dip. JMO

The zoa's I dipped look fine today,and are open (partially). But the algae that was on the frags is like whitish kinda gray now. I'm trying to find my air stone to put my skimmer back online and see if that helps. Everything is just getting covered. I'm going to do another water change here in a minute though.

Nanofreak79

That has happened to mine to. I don't know how long you left them in, but a minute or two is best. I do a minute. They will die more from stalks getting covered in algae or just algae over taking them. Sometimes I've done multiple dips two a week, depending on how fd up they are. Got pics?

I get algae issues when I over feed my corals. I noticed reef rounds twice a week, reef chili once and frozen once. The other days the fish and bigger coral get pellets.

The first batch i dipped was a little over a minute. Maybe 2 minutes. Every single frag has algae is covered.. So I've got so much to do. I need to do a water change tonight,so I'll probably dip the rest then hopefully. I can't find my air stone to get my skimmer back online,but I'm going to look again tonight.

• Like 1