Innovative Marine Aquariums

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

jedimasterben

Yeah I'm thinking about sending them in and getting Limes and taking 2 Royals out and adding TCB's in. And seeing if Steve's will remount the royals taken off on single stars.

Still not sure if this is going to cost less than buying a pair of V3 boards instead of buying your old 11ups back lol

Still not sure if this is going to cost less than buying a pair of V3 boards instead of buying your old 11ups back lol

With just the led's I've gotten,without having the lime's and TCB's reflowed in,I'm at $65.50. That's the 2 boards and the 6 violets. $26 for the Makers 2up,and $15 for the 2 ldd's and $3.25 for the heatsink lol.

Add in the 2x limes and 4 TCB's,that's $20 plus 10% off. And then

• Like 1
Nanofreak79

Finally decided I'm going back to AIO,I'm tired of HOB filters lol. This is what I came up with:

image_34.jpg

image_36.jpg

image_35.jpg

Cool, just make a little media rack in that open spot and your set! Good idea, IMO.

I was actually thinking about running a Fish-Street media reactor,already measured and it'll fit. And just run carbon/gfo mixture. It's only $35 or $40 I think for the smaller one.

This is the reactor:

http://m.fish-street.com/mini_filter_x_biopellets_reactor

And block off the 2 outer holes and then just add a pipe in the middle one to release further into the water to cut back on noise.

Had this guy stashed off,somewhat of a pastel green body,blue tip and blue corallites:

image_37.jpg

Damn orange filter pulls all the color out lol.

• Like 2

Adhered all the LEDs last night,got shit soldered today,idk how the hell I'm going to wire in the violets without making this thing turn out hideous lol.

image_105.jpg

image_106.jpg

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Are you controlling both channels of both arrays independently? Por que? Run one channel for both whites, one for both blue, one for the violet, and then use the last pair of wires in the ethernet cable for the fan. Easy as pie. :)

Are you controlling both channels of both arrays independently? Por que? Run one channel for both whites, one for both blue, one for the violet, and then use the last pair of wires in the ethernet cable for the fan. Easy as pie. :)

It's a 8 wire core Ethernet cord. So all of the wires were used up on just the boards. I was wanting to run the 3 400-410's on the white channel and the 410-420's on the blue channel.. That's the complicated part lol for me at least. That's why I'm running the channels at lower mA.

jedimasterben

It's a 8 wire core Ethernet cord. So all of the wires were used up on just the boards. I was wanting to run the 3 400-410's on the white channel and the 410-420's on the blue channel.. That's the complicated part lol for me at least. That's why I'm running the channels at lower mA.

You are doing something very wrong, then lol. For two channels you need four wires, not eight.

jedimasterben

In the picture I posted,you can see how I have it wired up... 2 boards,4 pads.

And I asked if you wanted to control each channel of each board independently and you said no lol.

Well,I don't lol. I'm happy with what I've got now. The blues on both boards dim the same as well as the whites.

My Ldd from coralux,has been delayed. So now the rest of the light,being getting the violets wired up,is on hold. Yay.

jedimasterben

Then I assume you have wired them in parallel. I don't get it. You've got plenty of voltage headroom to do series, so you're making much more wiring hassle for no reason lol.

I guess I was letting the whole "each channel can drive 14 LEDs @ 3v" play with my mind and not just letting the 52v of the driver decide how much I push it lol.

It's not really a hassle,its just trying to get the violets wired up and the light not being ugly as hell lol. Seeming I'm splitting the violets 3/3 on blue and white channels is all.

jedimasterben

Do it like this. Then use another pair for the fan, you'll have a pair leftover.

The MakersDriver supports a maximum input voltage of 50v, so maximum output is ~46-47v.

post-71938-0-65119000-1434373167_thumb.jpg