Cultivated Reef

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Stock power supply provides 24 watts of power, that one provides 6w. Doubt it would work properly.

What 12v PSU would you think would work ?! Everyone uses different ones,I just need to slow it down some.

The 12v adapter was a success. It's been running since about 2:30 with no problems. Neither the controller or the adapter are even warm. I now can have the pump on W1 turned all the way up on the second speed and it's working perfect. It also has a inline switch to shut it off instead of having to unplug it during water changes !!!

• Like 1

You and me both man,it took a few seconds longer than usual to turn on,but I'm stocked it's working. As for the lights,for now it's just t5's,but it's all good it's not bothering me,lol. I'm running 2x Wavepoint Blue Wave,1 Blue+ and 1 Coral+.

• Like 1

So,I'm losing 6 out of my 11 sps frags... Fml....

That sucks, I've been there myself. I just got six new pieces from cultivated reef. I just mounted them, but I'm a little worried since there 4" -6"above there frag rack. I'm thinking of changing my razor settings. I feel like I have them fairly low, but I need enough to keep the zoas happy 21" down.

I'm thinking you should leave them. I have to acros that bleached totally, there now starting to color up, granted its been months but still.

What happened and when? Did they bleach etc.

What're your settings on the razor ? I'm sure they're fine though. I started to see decline in polyp extension and loss of color as soon as I put the Par bulb over the tank. And those pieces aren't bleaching but stn'ing. So they'll most likely be gone by the morning. I'll just get into the chalice game :D

Oh and I went to the Orlando Vape Convention today,and it was down right bad ass dude !!!!

• Like 1

I've had two. Stning and even those are coming back, they still have some white,spots but deffinetly gaining color. I guess I'm say don't just toss me in the trash. The vape convention sounds cool.

2 of them are going slowly,but some flesh is hanging off,so I assume those will be white by the morning. But the 2 that are slower may hanging on and make a come back,we'll see. How's your tank coming along ?

Convention was awesome,about 800-900 people crammed into a small add ball room,within 10-15 minutes of being there the fire alarms went off and they had everyone get out. It was so foggy when you were at one end of the room,you couldn't see the other end it was foggy lol. 40ml juices were only $10 and 15ml were $5 which was stupid cheap.

• Like 1

That sounds like fun, and I'd love some cheap juice about now. My 68 is doing really well, gotta wait n see on these new pieces. Z and p are doing awesome and having good growth. My terror tank looks like shit, not sure why, but I'm bout to fix it in a day or two, or maybe when the kiddos leave.

It was outrageous. Way too many people,but overall was a good experience. Good to hear man,I take it you're still fighting Dino's in the terror tank then ?!

I just picked up a small piece of seasoned live rock to pop into the tank to help kick the cycle along,I've dosed 1.5ml of LPS Max 2 times to try and well to help start it. Probably a mid week I'll test to see what the params are looking like.

• Like 1

5 days into the cycle,didn't really expect much. I only tested for nitrates,nitrites and ammonia. I'll have to grab my other tests from my bro n law's tomorrow after work.

Tests were taken with Red Sea kits:

Nitrates- 0

Nitrites- 0.2

Ammonia- 0-0.2

Time to add some more food lol.

• Like 1

Slowly but surely. I'm not rushing it. I'm going to add another 1-1.5ml of LPS Max,I'm also running no carbon or anything during the cycle. I need to order a new bulk head so I can make things a little more clean,along with a 90* elbow. The return pump is just laying in the overflow area lol.

Well,I found or what I found to be my sps problem,red bugs. After doing my tank scrub down on some frags,on a dying piece of sps,I found about 4-5 red "bugs" crawling all over it and I found one on the glass the other night but didn't think anything of it... All the sps were losing tissue from random spots,not just from the base and working up like a usual RTN or STN.

Well,I found or what I found to be my sps problem,red bugs. After doing my tank scrub down on some frags,on a dying piece of sps,I found about 4-5 red "bugs" crawling all over it and I found one on the glass the other night but didn't think anything of it... All the sps were losing tissue from random spots,not just from the base and working up like a usual RTN or STN.

Damn dude, that sucks! Better start dipping!

Damn dude, that sucks! Better start dipping!

Yeah,it's pretty shitty. I'm down to 2 sps frags now. I DM'd Shaun from LR last night to tell him about the bugs but he didn't even seem ck center yet I only by sps from them. It's all good,I'm about to dive hard into the chalice game lol.

There's a few,about 4 or so within eh may 30-35 mile radius lol. The best 2 are the furthest away but still not bad of a drive on the toll roads.

Also,when I got home earlier,idk how this happened but my newer micro frag fell over on to my Ric,and that Ric destroyed the micro's lol I literally had to peel the mushroom off the other frag.