Pod Your Reef

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Dude.. I have a Acan frag that honestly has 100 bubbles on it lol. I scrapped a drag earlier that has maybe 40-50 lol. I popped a few while I was scraping it off,but hopefully the peroxide dip helps.

• Like 1

I took the frag out,dipped for about 45 seconds-1 minute,scrapped,dipped again for about 30 seconds to a another minute and then dipped in another tub with freshly mixed water then back in the tank. Sounds extreme but that's how I does it.

• Like 1

I did all my Acan's,which is about 15 lol and believe me it took for foreverrrrrr lol. I'm glad to hear my method wasn't outfu*kingrageous lol.

Some Acan's have been receeded for weeks,not losing tissue,but like pissed the hell off,no idea why. While some are fluffy and happy as a pig in shit... Any suggestions ?

I'm officially changing the name of this tank,to Frag City lol. Did a semi-mass cleaning. Took the 2 right side frag racks out,scrubbed and peroxide dipped them,and same to about 15 frags. This weekend I'll do the left side.

Here's a "top down" shot:

image_112.jpg

Anyone know what these are ? I've been wondering for months now:

image_113.jpg

I love these Zoa's,my original frag melted,but I got this frag for $5 lol:

image_114.jpg

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

Dang I'm going through the same thing with my acans and chalices. Lost 3 of the acans and basically all my chalices. Pretty pissed cause those were te piece of the ocean ones. I guess the steals on zoas I've been getting have made up for the acans.

Sorry, Armor of god zoas.

God Randy,get it right lmao. I thought so,but some pics online look similar and some don't.

Zoa-fest. Looks cool.

Grow zoas, grow!

Thanks man,only if I could get rid of all this algae,I'd be happier with with.

Dang I'm going through the same thing with my acans and chalices. Lost 3 of the acans and basically all my chalices. Pretty pissed cause those were te piece of the ocean ones. I guess the steals on zoas I've been getting have made up for the acans.

Both that got exposed to air,are still alive but one is just not looking hot at all. The other one I moved to the DT,is making a come back,I try feeding it as much as possible to get the tissue to get back to growing.

I wonder what's going on,have you checked the acans for any pests ?! Maybe something is bothering it.

• 2 weeks later...
lilmatty5dimes

Soon to be added pack to frag city. Lol Fragged 3 days ago and looking good.

Wwc space monster, rainbow raptor,

Pink zipper, wwc pink krak.

234CE351-B848-41F9-ADF9-2F4AA2D31B07_zps

• Like 2

Soon to be added pack to frag city. Lol Fragged 3 days ago and looking good.

Wwc space monster, rainbow raptor,

Pink zipper, wwc pink krak.

234CE351-B848-41F9-ADF9-2F4AA2D31B07_zps

F*ck yeah dude !!! They're looking good :happydance: I cannot wait to add these to the collection !!!

Did a hefty water change tonight,glued a few different types of zoa's together lol and kinda cleaned shit up a bit.

Oh and I scraped all this bubble algae off of one Acan Frag lol

image_117.jpg

image_118.jpg

• Like 2
lilmatty5dimes

F*ck yeah dude !!! They're looking good :happydance: I cannot wait to add these to the collection !!!

Did a hefty water change tonight,glued a few different types of zoa's together lol and kinda cleaned shit up a bit.

No worries man. One step closer to a return pump. Lol.

I've got some serious hair algae on a few frags, time for some H2o2

You need to get rid of that shit man !!! Oh and btw,I got a RDA for the iStick,it's a pain to get coils to 1.0 ohm or above lol especially with 28 gauge kenthal lol. I did mange to get 1.5 down from 2.7,2.5,2.2 lol.

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

Oh and I scraped all this bubble algae off of one Acan Frag lol

image_117.jpg

image_118.jpg

Damn if it's only on that one throw it out toss it or burn it. To big of a pita.

Damn if it's only on that one throw it out toss it or burn it. To big of a pita.

That was the most infected. All the other ones were just a few bubbles. I've scraped all the other ones this one kinda was the one I didn't feel like doing lol. It's clean now lol.

• 1 month later...

Does any dip kill bubble algae? Or no?

A quick peroxide dip (30-45 seconds) with 50/50 peroxide and tank water worked for me. As of now,that's the only dip I know works.

• Like 1