Innovative Marine Aquariums

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Did a huge cleaning tonight,plus a water change. Cleaned off all my Zoa's plucked off a ass load of bubble algae,and scrubbed them with a toothbrush softly to get the dying,stringy algae off. Stuff is still pissed from the peroxide dip too. I did find out,a 1.5-2 minute dip in 50:50 demolishes bubble algae,which is good lol. Snapped a few pics of the new sps pieces,which some are throwing off encrusting and loving the AquaVitro salinity salt which I'm using full time now.

image_94.jpg

This guy is on a mission,the brown shit is all new encrusting growth:

image_93.jpg

Red Planet,which I've always struggled with,is staying colored up:

image_92.jpg

This piece is starting to turn pinkish red towards the top and get more green towards the bottom,but coloring up more and more every day:

image_91.jpg

• Like 3

I'll be honest, when I put peroxide on my zoas, I just use a dropper and put a couple drops of 100% on them, and leave them sitting on a towel for about a minute. Then I rinse them off. I've never had a problem as long as the zoas were healthy to begin with.

Having said that, it's probably smarter to dip them in 50/50 or 1:3. I always worry I'll walk off and forget them, and a more diluted solution gives a little more room for error. But it's so convenient to just put a couple drops on them instead of mixing up a solution.

PS: love that red planet :wub:

• Like 1

I'll be honest, when I put peroxide on my zoas, I just use a dropper and put a couple drops of 100% on them, and leave them sitting on a towel for about a minute. Then I rinse them off. I've never had a problem as long as the zoas were healthy to begin with.

Having said that, it's probably smarter to dip them in 50/50 or 1:3. I always worry I'll walk off and forget them, and a more diluted solution gives a little more room for error. But it's so convenient to just put a couple drops on them instead of mixing up a solution.

PS: love that red planet :wub:

I'll have to try that when I dip the next round. The ones I dipped the other day,the plugs are STRAIGHT white lol no algae left. And the bubble algae that was on my Sunny D's was white/clear and deflated.

I've thought about maybe just dosing a few drops of peroxide to the tank daily lol and see how it does hahaha. It's only 3% if I remember correctly.

Thank you,I love the RP too. I couldn't pass it up for $10 !!! It's one of my favorite pieces by far.

• Like 2

Thanks mane,just a handy dandy iPhone lol. Nothing special seeming I lost my digital camera cord years ago lmao.

Also,has anyone ever used a Coral Box skimmer ?! I wanna give their nano one a try on my new set up.. Hmmm ?!

• Like 1
Nanofreak79

I have the coral box D500, awesome skimmer. They have been sending me stuff to try out, I'm waiting on the nano to come....I want to use it in the sump of my 6 gallon.

:lol:

Your sps are looking awesome! Where are you putting all this stuff. Lol

• Like 1

Are they really ? The SL150 ? Let me know how it is,I really wanna try it. They look like decent skimmers,and are cheap as hell. $60 isn't bad for the 150. Or if you ever wanna sell it,let me know lol.

Thanks man,I appreciate it. I need another piece of Shortcake,The piece I have has been thru hell and back,and hasn't done much lol. I'm sure I can get another piece for about $10-$15. But I'm not complaining since my frag I have now was free. Eh,I make room lol. I've still got some room in a few spots.

I really need to hang my tv on the wall and set up the bigger tank. I've been tossing the idea around though,of doing just the Zoa's/Paly's/Acan's in the 7 and just balls to the wall sps in the current 2 gallon,like I said tossing the idea around lol.

So,I was looking at the tank earlier,and noticed one of my frags looks different.. Hmmm,it was green and blue but now it looks like it's turning purple ?! What do you guys think ? (Don't mind my algae lol) {now that I'm on my computer,it doesn't look as purple,it looks brown....}

image_96.jpg

And I'm just in love with this Red Planet frag :happydance:
image_97.jpg

So I ordered a couple of things over the weekend,the MakersLed Basic 2up will be here today,I ordered 3 400-410nm Violets and 3 410-420nm's from Rapid along with a 500mA LEDs run my 11up white channel on. I also put in another order for a heatsink to add to my current one,and have room to space the layout further on.

Solder less or just the plain star?

Just regular ones. I've had solderless from both RapidLed and LGB too though.

This is the lay out I have so far,I'm just waiting for the violets,and Ldd and other section of the heatsink. I may have to order another smaller mA driver to keep everything at or below 3v in order to add the 6 violets into the equation. I may have to run the leds at 600mA all across the board,but we'll see.

image_33.jpg

• Like 1

Dave's 11up boards have two warm, one neutral, two lime, four royals, one blue, and one cyan.

The ones I have are the older ones. I believe is Ch1: 2 warms,2 neutrals,1 cyan. Ch2: 4 royals and 2 cool blues or 6 royals,I can't remember.

Second day in a row,I've came home and the damn filter is off. Everything looks like a complete turd,I've always lost 2 acan's because of it,well being exposed to air for I don't even know how many hours. Idk if the shaft is broke or what but this mother'effer is so damn loud..

I've got one spare filter at my brother n law's and sisters house,but it's going to have to wait until I get off work tomorrow. Fml.

Nanofreak79

Are they really ? The SL150 ? Let me know how it is,I really wanna try it. They look like decent skimmers,and are cheap as hell. $60 isn't bad for the 150. Or if you ever wanna sell it,let me know lol.

Thanks man,I appreciate it. I need another piece of Shortcake,The piece I have has been thru hell and back,and hasn't done much lol. I'm sure I can get another piece for about $10-$15. But I'm not complaining since my frag I have now was free. Eh,I make room lol. I've still got some room in a few spots.

I really need to hang my tv on the wall and set up the bigger tank. I've been tossing the idea around though,of doing just the Zoa's/Paly's/Acan's in the 7 and just balls to the wall sps in the current 2 gallon,like I said tossing the idea around lol.

there suppose to send it once they get american voltage/plug right.......waiting.......

I like balls to the walls sps in da 2 gallon

Second day in a row,I've came home and the damn filter is off. Everything looks like a complete turd,I've always lost 2 acan's because of it,well being exposed to air for I don't even know how many hours. Idk if the shaft is broke or what but this mother'effer is so damn loud..

I've got one spare filter at my brother n law's and sisters house,but it's going to have to wait until I get off work tomorrow. Fml.

That blows!

So,I was looking at the tank earlier,and noticed one of my frags looks different.. Hmmm,it was green and blue but now it looks like it's turning purple ?! What do you guys think ? (Don't mind my algae lol) {now that I'm on my computer,it doesn't look as purple,it looks brown....}

image_96.jpg

And I'm just in love with this Red Planet frag :happydance:

image_97.jpg

I would say it looks a little purple....little brown, give it a little more light.lol

Red Planet ftw! I have a connection on here for some sps, gotta wait till next month. :rant:

Its not a sps dominant as it used to be,I had in the works a AGA 5 gallon for just sps,but idk if thats going to happen. That's what this led light I was building was for lol and I have a RW-4 I was going to use to,and maybe the CoralBox S150 ( I think thats the nano one ). Just the one frag rack now is packed with sps. So far I have on the rack: Red Planet,Green & Blue Valida,a super nub of Strawberry Shortcake ( I have a bigger piece being cut soon along with a hefty piece of PC Rainbow ),Red Monti,some super tiny nub of Red Robin Acro,another nub of some red Acro,the turd brown and purple acro,and the Toxic Green Acro and the two other no name Acro's which the tips are starting to turn pink and ones getting a purple tint to the body. That's all I think is on there.

So wait,Fish-Street doesn't have the correct voltage adapter yet ? Hmm.. Interesting lol. Oh so you're going to get some more sps ? NOICEEEEE !!!!!!!

I did manage to find my air stone though,so I'm going to try to get my Gnome Skimmer back online together to maybe help combat some of this damn algae... With water changes,scrubbing,gfo and carbon in the filter... I cannot beat it. Everything is just looking so damn blah. It's killing my mojo with this damn tank. It's pushing me harder to get my other tank set up,I can't take it anymore lol.

• Like 1
Nanofreak79

Yeah, since the tank move I'm trying to create a more diverse tank. I have an acan garden I want, montis and other lps,chalices etc. Now I need to spend a little on sps, and lay off buying just zoas, which I've been doing. Got a lot of cool Lps from LC.

• Like 1

Thanks man. Those are the old 11up's,and then 3 400-410nm and 3 410-420nm violets. I'm still debating if I wasn't to send the boards in and have the cyan pulled out and a lime dropped in its place or what.

Oh and the V3 boards,I had one but got rid of it. Damn thing was bright though.

• Like 1
Nanofreak79

If I were to get another fixture it would have limes. My fixture would be a retro from nanobox. I'd use either a sun power fixture and remove two bulbs out of a 6 bulb, and throw in those V3's, gangsta!.....or if I was rich id have dave do a quad with his own T5 retro, what only like $1,000 lmao

Yeah I'm thinking about sending them in and getting Limes and taking 2 Royals out and adding TCB's in. And seeing if Steve's will remount the royals taken off on single stars.

Shit,if I had the money,I'd get 2 Radions. Or like you said,a 6 bulb retro.

• Like 1