Top Shelf Aquatics

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

jedimasterben

I'm having difficulty with my lone acan frag lol. For once I can actually get the coral to stay alive and not just wither away over a few weeks, but now that I have two Gyres in the tank, the ends where I have to put them to not overilluminate them are getting too much flow for them to like :lol:

lilmatty5dimes

Great looking acans. I want to start collecting more acans now. And I made it official yesterday it's an lps and z&p tank now. Only have my lil rep planet and Paris Hilton Millie.

Hahaha just put him where thee flow is the least,and he's kinda shaded and it'll take off. If I even have my AC50 at full blast the ones near the front glass will close up from the flow.

That's what I like to hear Matty,don't get me wrong,I LOVE sps,I just don't have the patients for them lol they don't grow fast enough for me lol. My zoa's and Acan's had explosive growth when my water is dirty. That's for damn sure. I just hope they can take the power of halides when it goes over the 7 gallon.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Hahaha just put him where thee flow is the least,and he's kinda shaded and it'll take off. If I even have my AC50 at full blast the ones near the front glass will close up from the flow.

The problem is that there is great flow throughout the whole tank. The only lower spots are in the middle of the tanks where it is blocked by the rockwork, but that is what gets a crapton of light, too lol. I don't want to overilluminate any corals but don't want to underilluminate my gorgs and my big nem. #reeftankproblems :lol:

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

That's what I like to hear Matty,don't get me wrong,I LOVE sps,I just don't have the patients for them lol they don't grow fast enough for me lol. My zoa's and Acan's had explosive growth when my water is dirty. That's for damn sure. I just hope they can take the power of halides when it goes over the 7 gallon.

Lol. Who knew dirty was so good. I bet they take off when you throw that MH over it. Just be careful you don't put it to low. Got another steal Tuesday on my thread. Need some pics of the stuff.

I got the halides yesterday,hung it over my bro n laws 40g planted tank,and it's not as blue as I was thinking,so a 20k bulb will be ordered soon. CoralVue has 20k bulbs for $35 so I'll most likely get that. Also,I plan to have it about 14-16" over the tank,or would that be too high ?

Also,I got a new Acan today. There's a little shop and when I mean little,I mean little lol near my sisters so on the way home I stopped in. Nice little candy cane stripped pinkish with 3 polyps for $20.

Random pics of my Acan's because I'm obsessed with them right now lol.

FTS:

image_13.jpg

The feeders on this acan are crazy long:

image_74.jpg

New Acan's:

image_9.jpg

Group shot:

image_10.jpg

These guys are morphing in the centers,forming some blue streaks:

image_11.jpg

This guy was pure brown before the move,and has gained almost all its color back besides its pink tips. It's for blackish corallites and looks very similar to a piece CC has:

image_12.jpg

Mocked up the halides on the 7g,definitely going to need to be hung,high lol:

image_14.jpg

• Like 3

Because he fresh cuts and ships. That's why.

Yeah,very true. When I lived up in Virginia I drove to his shop in MD a few times and bought stuff,but never had anything shipped. I just wish he had a better rep because I'd love to add some of those Acan's to my collection.

Not all that much to update on the tank,I did come home Friday to the tank being very cloudy looking and I lost 2 sps frags. I'm down to only 8 now. My float switch for my ato is acting up and sticking so I'm think high salinity was to blame. As I tested SG and it was 1.028 or higher. Even my Acan's were super pissed. So I did a 40% water change and we'll see how things do.

I did stop in at StormBorn Reef's in Deltona and WOW I've never seen a Acan collection like theirs. Down right insane. Prices were good too,$30 for 1-2 heads and $40 for 3 or more. Had some really nice Zoa's too and some pretty decent sps. So I'll be doing some shopping there as well too from now on.

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

Where is that store at? Might have to grab some acans. Friend is selling some sick rainbows here soon once they heal for another week. I'll send you a pic tomorrow of frags and mother colony. Sucks about your sps.

It's off of Enterprise Road on Pond Ct in Deltona/Debary. It's a smaller store,but nice. They've got about 8-10 variations of rainbows and some other nice solid green with a gold center Acan's which I had never seen. Sounds good man,I always love seeing some nice Acan's !!

It's all good,I'm not too worried about it really. I'd love to know what caused the milky kinda cloudiness to my water though. It hadn't cleared up once I did my water change and before I left. So idk..

I ran across this Tetra all blue LED light today at work,and low and behold,it fit right into the slots on the side of my light. So,it's there for a nocturnal type of light lol.

image_15.jpg

Reefkid88

Girlfriend surprised me with these pink Acan's !! So good looking. The tips of the tentacles are pink as well which is pretty cool:

image_16.jpg

Also,has anyone ever had this happen to their Acan's ? Idk if it's stress related,or what. I did come home yesterday and my water level was about 2.5-3" below normal,my float switch was stuck,so idk if that caused any issues. I slowly added fresh water to the tank,and got salinity to normal (1.026) and then did a water change today,and that's when I saw this,after feeding post water change:

image_17.jpg

• Like 1
Reefkid88

The GF and the acans are keepers.

Lol thanks man !! I'm going to pick up a killer frag this weekend. I just don't know what color yet.

Reefkid88

Stopped in a StormBorn today,the owner is a awesome ass dude. Super humble,and very knowledgeable and down to earth. I talked to him for probably almost 2 hours. But enough with the small talk,I was able to snap a picture of their Acan frags,which were pretty killer. Hopefully if anyone in the central Florida area is close enough,stop by and check them out.

image_20.jpg

image_77.jpg

image_76.jpg

They had about 15-20 huge colonies in the back of the tank you can kinda see. I will definitely be spending some money in this store. But,enough and here is what I got:

image_19.jpg

• Like 3

Nice pickup bro. Those acans are very nice. I may have to stop by there some day and get 1 or 2 for myself. I really like the one that was just to the left of the green one that you got.

Reefkid88

Thanks man. They had some even more killer ones on the tank right behind this one. Which is the tank I got mine from. They had a super dark rainbow one that I've never seen before,it was crazy looking.

More Acan's,well a frag. Big fluffy 3 head piece,pink with rainbow. They're in Deltona off of 17-92. Their stuff is a little pricey like I paid $30 for the frag I got but the stuff is really nice.

I'm going out to Living Reef next weekend since I'll have some OT on my check,and see if they have anything new.

But my lights when be off when I get home,so I may or may not be able to get any pictures of the new piece.

What's up brotha! Tank is looking good with lots of nice coral you've accumulated.

Well look who it is lol. Thanks mange !!! I've gotten so much shit hahaha. See what happens when you're gone ;)

• Like 1