Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

OH NO BRO....that really stinks man. Fingers crossed hoping everything bounces back...

I have a feeling it was due to salinity change. I mixed up some water topped of with fresh and mixed and got salinity where it needs to be.

On a good note though,I'm ordering a V3 board from Dave today :D

Put in a order for a V3 board yesterday,still waiting to hear back from Dave though. For right now I'm going to just use a 0-10v dimmer with a POT to power it. I can run the whites,Royal Blue's and Violets all on the driver with no problem.

I've been out of "town" all week,got home last night lights were on at 12... Weird they're supposed to go off at 10... Well I check my timer and its on "on" mode.. Which leads me to think that the lights had been on for 3 days straight.. Everything looked horrible,all types of algae growning,about 5 Sps were bleached.. I had to frag 1 piece and throw 2 out. PC Rainbow was bleached pretty bad besides the back side that didn't get that much light... I'm pretty bummed with the mistake I made and hoping that if I cut my light cycle back,everything will bounce back.. Fml.

Argh, sorry to hear about all your troubles - it's the one thing that sucks being away, shit only breaks when you not around. :rant:

It's all good,stuff happens man. Shit happens I guess. I cut the light cycle back to 3x 2 hour periods thru out the day hoping that things will recover. I'm staying with my sister and nephews while my brother n law goes out of town for 3 weeks to a month and will only be home on the weekends.. So we'll see. I'm hoping for the best.

jedimasterben

I cut the light cycle back to 3x 2 hour periods thru out the day hoping that things will recover.

Wait, how will that help versus one smaller photoperiod?

Wait, how will that help versus one smaller photoperiod?

I don't know if it will,but I'm going to see,that's already cutting my cycle back 2.5 hours. So this weekend I will be able to tell. May not be the most genius idea,but I'm going to see how it does. I can adjust accordingly. At this point all I can do is wait. I really can't do anymore damage that's already been done. I'm also only running 2 bulbs for this week to see how things look too. I'm just worried about my PC Rainbow,I finally started to get good color and growth from it and then this happened...

jedimasterben

I'd personally just either raise the light and run a normal photoperiod or reduce it to around 4 hours in total, then next week add half an hour, then the next add another half, etc. They aren't used to multiple separate photoperiods and will probably end up stressing corals out even more.

Well I'm hoping the coral respond and turn around,we will see. Hopefully there is no ill effects. The light cycle is stuck where it is until this weekend. I'm making the 45 minute trek all the way home to fix it. We will see though,and I'll update everything Friday or Saturday on how things look and then adjust the lights accordingly.

On another note,Dave said my board would be shipped out today. And hopefully my order from LGB ships out today or tomorrow for my 700mA LDD,some thermal adhesive and 2x Cool blues.

Threw this beast together,Dave's board didn't show up today like he said it would so I'm hoping it'll be here tomorrow.

image_38.jpg

I'm probably going to set up the .9 gallon here at my sisters seeming I'll be here for 3-4 more weeks,so screw it. It'll be a fun little set up.

Board finally showed up,tried to solder everything together but I flux or my soldering iron tip is just f*cked to say the less,so I wasn't able to finish and just gave up. I'm going to get some new tips tomorrow from Walmart. I did get to see the tank over FaceTime with my sister and,wow.. Just wow is all I can say :( so much destruction lol. When I get home for the weekend I'll be doing a huge water change and try and get things cleaned up.

I do have 2x 2.25"x2.45" heatsink from LedSupply coming this up coming week for the pico light.

But this might be going over the 2 gallon for awhile if I like the color enough lol:

image_40.jpg

This will be for the pico tank consisting of 2x Luxeon Royal's,2x LGB Cool Blue's,1x SemiLed Hyper Violet and 2x Warm Whites (I'm assuming Bridgelux). I need to order a Coralux 2up board and I'll probably go with either 2x 700mA's with some sort of PSU,a RapidLed nano driver or 2 RapidLed moon light drivers which are 350mA and run the warm whites and cool blue's on one and royal's and Violet on another:

image_6.jpg

Some pictures of coralZz to keep people interested lol. Some shit is still super hurt up,but oh well..

Wobblepongs:

image_41.jpg

Kedds:

image_42.jpg

Rainbow Acans and some Hawaiian Zoa's:

image_43.jpg

image_44.jpg

Micromussa:

image_46.jpg

• Like 3
lilmatty5dimes

Actually from Living Reef,I've had the Micro for awhile now.

Nice. Friend had just about 8 head frag of pink kraks I bought for $100. And bought jball1125 golden torch he was selling. Hopefully have that Tuesday. I still need to drive over and take a look at LRO.

Nice. Friend had just about 8 head frag of pink kraks I bought for $100. And bought jball1125 golden torch he was selling. Hopefully have that Tuesday. I still need to drive over and take a look at LRO.

Oh damn,that's a steal man. It's worth the drive I think. It's getting a little boring for me seeming I go out there every weekend lol. Gotta post some pictures man.

Whats up guys. Cool pics man. Those wobblepongs are cool!

Was just at LR yesterday. They had a SPS frag blowout sale going on, $10 per frag, buy 2 get 1 free. It was the frag tank on the right wall, though, not the main SPS tank. So, not the absolute best frags, but there were a couple hidden gems. I picked up 3 frags to kinda test my system out now that it has somewhat stabilized.

Matty - Def worth the drive man. And, if you are comign all this way, you might as well try to hit up Top Shelf too, while you are out here.

• Like 1

Whats up guys. Cool pics man. Those wobblepongs are cool!

Was just at LR yesterday. They had a SPS frag blowout sale going on, $10 per frag, buy 2 get 1 free. It was the frag tank on the right wall, though, not the main SPS tank. So, not the absolute best frags, but there were a couple hidden gems. I picked up 3 frags to kinda test my system out now that it has somewhat stabilized.

Matty - Def worth the drive man. And, if you are comign all this way, you might as well try to hit up Top Shelf too, while you are out here.

Thanks man. He rang me up for only half of what they were labeled for,so I couldn't pass it up and wasn't expecting it,honestly. They've got 1 baby that's opem and 2 more that haven't opened up yet.

That's funny,they dropped the price even more then,because Saturday they were $15 and buy one get one. That's where I got my red Mille from but RTN'd after it got blasted with 4 days of light and I dragged it and it still didn't make it. My tank is still trying to make a come back from that mishap,but I think I'm going to lay off the sps for awhile and stock up on Zoa's. And RAP is in like 3 weeks,so Ive gotta make room.

If I woulda known you wanted some Sps I could sold you a BUNCH of sps for cheap. Let me know next time you want some if the ones you got do good and I'll hook it up. I want a piece of the Efflo they have,it's crazy looking.

Yeah, I saw the $15 crossed off and marked down to $10. That efflo is pretty cool. I have been wanting a piece of the jaguar milli. I'll keep it in mind, it was kinda a spur of the moment decision. After seeing the price and a couple hidden gems, I figured it was worth a shot to see how they do in the tank now that I have my parameters more in line with where I want them.

Yeah, I saw the $15 crossed off and marked down to $10. That efflo is pretty cool. I have been wanting a piece of the jaguar milli. I'll keep it in mind, it was kinda a spur of the moment decision. After seeing the price and a couple hidden gems, I figured it was worth a shot to see how they do in the tank now that I have my parameters more in line with where I want them.

That Jaguar Mille is so nice !! Can't beat it for $40 I just have a horrible time with anything blue lol. The Efflo isn't bad for only $30 even though their colony is massive lol. I dont blame you. I left a few good pieces in there,which majority are browned out. There's a really nice purple Acro in there but it's on a huge plug and semi encrusted so I steer away. I hear you though. Can't say I don't blame you though,I'm sure everything will do good seeming your tank is getting back on track.

That Jaguar Mille is so nice !! Can't beat it for $40 I just have a horrible time with anything blue lol. The Efflo isn't bad for only $30 even though their colony is massive lol. I dont blame you. I left a few good pieces in there,which majority are browned out. There's a really nice purple Acro in there but it's on a huge plug and semi encrusted so I steer away. I hear you though. Can't say I don't blame you though,I'm sure everything will do good seeming your tank is getting back on track.

Yeah, there was definitely a number of hidden gems in there, but they are all browned out for the most part. I did bayer dips and put all 3 on new plugs. Im not taking that chance at this point, have had enough problems to date.

Yeah, there was definitely a number of hidden gems in there, but they are all browned out for the most part. I did bayer dips and put all 3 on new plugs. Im not taking that chance at this point, have had enough problems to date.

Amen to that,there's a new Tenuis and some other pieces in there thatre really nice. I'm just wanting to hold off. Shaun was saying that since they took the $10-$30 section away their sps sales have dropped about 30% which is pretty crazy.

I honestly can't say I don't blame you,although I've never gotten a best I can trace back to them,I still wouldn't risk it. So good call on that one.

This shit is bothering me,so bad. I don't know if the 2 leds that aren't firing up are dead,or what.. I guess I'm just not as talented as Ben -__- lol

image_47.jpg

image_48.jpg

jedimasterben

This shit is bothering me,so bad. I don't know if the 2 leds that aren't firing up are dead,or what.. I guess I'm just not as talented as Ben -__- lol

image_47.jpg

One in and one out per LED. One of them has four ;)

• Like 1