Cultivated Reef

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Ewwwww. Do you leave yours in the tank all the time? Just wondering. I take usually take mine out and dry it off after I use it.

Unfortunately I did,until about 2 days ago and I took it out. I used it almost everyday to clean the glass. I didn't ever think it had to be taken out at all.

• Like 1

Who has a TLF Mag cleaner ? This is what the inside looks like after 2 years.....

image_23.jpeg

Same thing happened to mine, sent an email to TLF with a picture and they sent me a new one for free.

• Like 2

Same thing happened to mine, sent an email to TLF with a picture and they sent me a new one for free.

Really ? I may have to send them a email,thanks Harry. Still switching to t5's ?

Really ? I may have to send them a email,thanks Harry. Still switching to t5's ?

I would like to at some point but it seems the consensus is that I had my lighting set too low, so I am slowly increasing the fixture intensity.

• Like 2

So according to my Red Sea kits,everything is at 0ppm,even phosphates but my ph is at about 7.8-8. I've got a assload of nasty organics built up on the waters surface though. It's kinda weird lol.

What do you guys think ?

Also,I emailed TLF and they didn't even offer to replace the magnet part or anything. So I'll just have to buy a new one lol.

mine did the same. might do that. really like the vertex glass cleaners.

I liked my little vertex mini circle size, then the inside scrubber came off. It was always in water and lasted almost two years...erm not bad. The TLF mags are crap, but cheap. I just order a new one eVery year and ditch the old. Mine usually breaks through where the Velcro scrub gets rubbed off and shows the magnet. Sorry to. Hear about your corals.

mine did the same. might do that. really like the vertex glass cleaners.

I've thought about ordering one,I may have too.

I liked my little vertex mini circle size, then the inside scrubber came off. It was always in water and lasted almost two years...erm not bad. The TLF mags are crap, but cheap. I just order a new one eVery year and ditch the old. Mine usually breaks through where the Velcro scrub gets rubbed off and shows the magnet. Sorry to. Hear about your corals.

Couldn't you just glue it back on ?! I'm thinking that's going to have to be the case from now on. I may look into the Vertex ones. It's all good,shit happens. I'm thinking the cycle may be done or at least done with,so tomorrow I'll do a 2 gallon water change and wait a day and test.

• Like 1

Woo hoo cycle done! I already threw away the scrubber patch. I'm using it to hold a bucket of cheato onto my sump.

You think so ? It was only like a week and some change lol. Are you ?! Lmao I guess it came into good use then lol.

Dude I'm so pissed I just dropped the contact pin for my subtank down the drain...

• Like 1

Depends, did you use mostly live rock? Add any bio stuff to accelerate it. If you had readings and there gone it's pretty straight forward. Otherwise new rock, sometimes takes a week to kick into gear. Contact pin? The red thing. First turn on the garbage disposal and #### it up, then go in. Dig around, you'll find it.

2 little pieces about 2-3 into the initial cycle. As for accelerants,just some LPS Max and some Coral Vital. True,I'll see tomorrow what the tank is reading.

And it went down the bathroom drain and the little stopper thing won't come all the way out,I did drop the bottom of a frag plug down there too lmao so I think that's stopping it lol.

image_24.jpeg

• Like 1

Did a 2 gallon water change,I'm going to test tomorrow and see what the big 5 are looking like. If everything is at 0 and ph is good I'm going to plop some tester frags in and see how the do over the weekend. I need to get some epoxy so I can mount some pieces. Overall I cannot wait to get everything switched over.

I also changed my bulbs to 2x Blue Wave's and B+ and a Actinic from ATI. Super blue but I digs it lol.

• Like 1

The giessman actinic blue, or something is suppose to be like a super bomb ass blue. Hope all your tank shit turns out good. I thought you had LEDs, am I wrong.

Really ? I may have to look into that. The WavePoints are a really nice blue,just now as powerful as the bulbs. I do,I just decided to run them at this point and time. I really need to get a solder sucker and unsolder everything and re-solder them shit looks horrible.

• Like 1

Transferred over 14 frags,majority of stuff is already open even after being dipper which is awesome.

I do need a new heater though,these tetra heaters I have are garbage,and 50w and 200w are struggling to keep the tank at even 76.....

image_25.jpeg

• Like 4
jedimasterben

That tank is only like 7-10 gallons volume, right? 250w of heat would raise the temperature nearly 80 degrees. The big one definitely isn't working and you probably have a bad thermometer :lol:

I took the 200w one out,because after see the temp I checked to see if the red light was on after unplugging and plugging it back in,and it was. So I may order a 50w Theo heater.

Thermometer is fine,I got the heaters from work,so I would assume it's the heater.

For the chalice people,how do they fair with peroxide dipping ?

Oh and my Aqeuon 10w heater is keeping my tank at 76.8-77 compared to the crummy Tetra 50w heater lol. Who woulda thunk :happydance:

Got a few tiny spots of diatoms forming,tested and everything is still good to go. Everything is open and looking good. Just finished transferring everything over and drained the 2 gallon,finally.

The 7 gallon is scattered with frags on the sandbed but will pick up some epoxy this upcoming weekend to mount everything.

image_26.jpeg

• Like 3