Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Small amounts of GFO will work in a media bag, just not as effective as a reactor. That's how I run mine. Are you vacuuming or stirring the gravel?

Small amounts of GFO will work in a media bag, just not as effective as a reactor. That's how I run mine. Are you vacuuming or stirring the gravel?

Okay,awesome I usually run some but a very small amount. That I am,this is partially why I hate sand lol. I use a eye dropper to "fluff" the sand and suck up all the spots of algae and blow off the rocks and let every settle and suck all that up too. I did just stick a ac20 filter for some flow and tomorrow I will get some distilled to rinse the carbon then soak it in distilled.

Increased flow and reduced nutrients are usually the key to the fix :)

I just rinse my new carbon in old tank water when I'm doing the water change.

Increased flow and reduced nutrients are usually the key to the fix :)

I just rinse my new carbon in old tank water when I'm doing the water change.

Let's hope this is the fix for it. Once I put the filter on,some of my Zoa's and my Acan's are open more. Normally I would I do that,but see my dumb ass has been putting my dirty water from my tank in a gallon jug lol.

• Like 1

So today will be the the 2nd full day of running gfo in the Aquaclear filter,and last night I already saw a decrease in cyano and things opening up more than every. My Rainbow Infusions and Vivid Rainbows are finally opening all the way and the Vivid Rainbows have been popping off some babies,but have been partially closed for weeks lol.

• Like 3

The battle isn't over,but I'm seeing progress even after 2 days. So we will see. What were you looking at getting ? Have you ordered from Planet Zoa lately ?! I've always wanted too,but the prices are ehhhh a little high lol.

Yeah PZ was my go to but they stopped carrying some pieces that they should have. Travis is a super cool dude. I have a few things I want from there but there's a bowser and purple hornet that I've finally found. All my sps bleached and my lps are receding, z and p seem fine.

I just feel like some of their stuff while being nice,is just giving yet again another fancy name and a even fancier price tag lol. Did you finally get a bowser ? Hell yeah,snap a pic and post it man !!!

• Like 1

Yeah exactly. Cool stuff, some a little overpriced and really just some pieces to collect, nothing crazy. No I didn't get the bowser yet, page is still up on my iPad. Contemplating all the other reef shit I need too. I plan on redoing my rock I'm sick of fighting these giant ass aptasia I got from using real reef rock.

So I'm starting to see some good colors coming in on these guys,So I'm going to monitor their progress and post it:

image_66.jpeg

I also really wish I could have sat this tank up,I love the 12"x6"x6" dimensions of this tank,just the crack that I managed to create although I siliconed over still scares me....

image_67.jpeg

• Like 1

Hows the cyano-battle coming along? Awesome tank BTW

Slowly,but surely. I'm going to grab some more Red Sea Coral Pro salt this weekend and do a 2 gallon water change. Thank you,honestly I'm not happy with it at all lol.

Definitely not worth it. You could get one of that size made for cheap. :)

I've leaked tested it a few times leaving water in it for a few days and it never leaked,but still. I only paid $18 for it,I could always get another one. I'd love to do sps in it.

Oh,Ben have you seen the "Ultramarine Royal Blues" Rapid has,any idea if they'd be worth adding to a light to fill that 440-445nm gap ?

jedimasterben

I've leaked tested it a few times leaving water in it for a few days and it never leaked,but still. I only paid $18 for it,I could always get another one. I'd love to do sps in it.

Oh,Ben have you seen the "Ultramarine Royal Blues" Rapid has,any idea if they'd be worth adding to a light to fill that 440-445nm gap ?

Yeah, at that price it just isn't worth the risk. A few gallons of water on the floor will cost WAY more than $18 lol

Not sure. Link?

Slowly,but surely. I'm going to grab some more Red Sea Coral Pro salt this weekend and do a 2 gallon water change. Thank you,honestly I'm not happy with it at all lol.

I know that feeling all too well, but perseverance will pay its dues. RSCP is awesome stuff. Mixes well and for the most part I think their levels are on par.

Yeah,very true. I just can't get drunk and try and take the rim off again lol.

Here ya go: http://www.rapidled.com/ultramarine-royal-blue-led-440-445nm/

I know that feeling all too well, but perseverance will pay its dues. RSCP is awesome stuff. Mixes well and for the most part I think their levels are on par.

That was the only salt I used for a long time,and then recently switched to Aquavitro Salinity due to RSCP making my alk 14+ ( from what my RS test kit said) and causing sps to RTN on me numerous times. But I have to get my LFS to order Aquavitro and it taking a week to get her,but is only $12,versus $30 for RSCP.

Despite wanting to tear down the tank because it's pissing me off lol these 2 frags make me happy,colors have gotten even better after even a day or two days after I posted the last pic:

image_68.jpeg

This was a day or two ago,you can see less green near the mouth and less color on the outside areas:

image_69.jpeg

• Like 3

Those guys look really nice! Be patient with the recovery, it's only been about week since you started the sand stirring and added the AC filter for better flow, hasn't it?

Those guys look really nice! Be patient with the recovery, it's only been about week since you started the sand stirring and added the AC filter for better flow, hasn't it?

Im trying to be as patient as possible lol but this is the worst any of my tanks have ever looked besides my very first tank ever. And idk why it's going down hill as fast as it is. I tried to put my chemipure in my ac20 and it just overflowed on to the floor lol then the tank went pretty much black,and ect and one of my clowns died earlier this week too,idk why. I'm going to do a 40-50% water change this weekend though.

Still looking primo to me!

Thanks I appreciate it !!!

Those acans are awesome. Someone over in Orlando had a mr aqua 17g for sale. Think they wanted $60 for it which isn't bad.

It's weird how only 2-3 frags are looking really good and some look horrible. I'm actually not looking to upgrade at the moment unfortunately lol but that's not a bad deal.

Not sure on your tank wishes, but I have a mr Aqua 17 gallon pre drilled for glassholes nano kit. I'm a good shipper if interested.

I just want my water clear,my sand clean lol which my conch isn't doing shit and my algae to go away lol. I guess that's too much to ask for lmao.

• Like 1