SaltCritters.com

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

lilmatty5dimes

Im half tempted to try and snag some coral on WWC's ebay auctions going on right now :D

Yes please do what are you waiting for? Lol
  • Like 1

Try these guys out as well. Just don't out bid me. Lol of course if I get these cheap enough I'll need to find a tank to put them in.

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/231932264801

Im currently watching 12 frags,dude this place is awesome. Unfortuantely i asked if they had a store and i guess theu sell outta their house.

I may have not won any eBay auctions yesterday but I did stop by a local store (TSA) and grabbed 2 acans,2 zoas and a free piece of meteor shower cyphastrea. One of the Zoa's was pissed and didn't open because I had to glue it down and used a little too much glue lol.

New pieces:

81c0f2cb-7dc9-45bf-82bc-99883b7d129f_zps

53d97ebe-79dc-4035-84b0-bb8a026e016e_zps

Random pics:

IMG_4064%202_zpshvmyjezq.jpg

f665bcdb-5227-4988-9a42-bd486799aa63_zps

37e3c338-27a1-4c99-ab09-90438b8de92c_zps

29c55c97-97d9-48ed-8d3a-d5a5c4ad967b_zps

928e2ff3-27d3-4117-86ff-2345de9ca3d1_zps

d8e0f242-7946-4c10-9c52-dcbdb177db0d_zps

d9eebc3b-e52d-480c-9abd-58f3e747ba86_zps

• Like 2

Nice looking new pieces! Your acans all look very healthy and puffy. And colorful :)

Thank you,I appreciate that coming from you with your hot ass Acan's. All are fluffy and happy besides the 2 new ones. I would've gotten more.but he didn't present me with the deal for the Acan's until after I had the Zoa's bagged up lol...
  • Like 1

Pretty much depeneds on what you get as in colors. I got both of those Acan's for $25. I'm thinking they are Chiquitas,i got them from LRO last weekend.

• Like 1

So,hopefully the front office of my apartments won't hold my light hostage anymore than they already have.. Sucker arrived saturday and they were closed yeaterday... hmph.

Took 2 bulbs out of the fixture,mounted the panorama in the middle and I didn't think it would make a difference,but DAMNNNN !!!!!!!! From what I'm seeing online at about 16" from the light I'm guessing I added about 60 or so par which isn't much but it's all good. Thanks again lilmatty for the hook-up man.

On another note,my water is super super super cloudy and some serious algae growing,so tomorrow I'm going to do a 2-3 gallon water change and change the carbon and go then do another one this weekend. It has been over a month if not 2 since I added the last batch,oops lol. So I'm assuming that could be it or I've been dosing too much Fuel,Polyp Booster and Pools Xtra lol. All in all everything looks awesome coloringredients up awesome.

• Like 2

Just 2x B+

20160516_220327.jpg

Just the Panorama:

20160516_220251.jpg

Photobucket is acting straight retarded so the 3rd picture will have to wait until later on this evening.

• Like 1

Sweet upgrade man.

Im looking forward to it. Itll either go over the 7g or over the 2g and make it a sps tank. Idk yet. On the 7g i should be getting hopefully at least 70-100 par on the outside edges of the tank.

Aso you guys can tell I didn't get a BTW but my brother named law gave me his Eheim Ecco 2232 canister filter since he tore down his 40 breeder planted tank and that thing is so darn filthy lol.

Also,my Chiquita zoa'so have popped 3 babies off within almost 2 weeks lol fastest growing zoa or pay that I've got.

Smidge of a update im finally starting to win the battle of the algae invasion. Majority of yhe bryopsis algae is turning white/clear and so is the bubble algae. So thats a good sign,and my water is clear again lol.

On another note,i really wanna set my 2 gallon back up and do all sps again seeming i have everything i need besides the coral itself. Im thinking my canister filter paired with a AquaticLife Macro Flow Swing and my 2 NBR arrays should do the trick and i can add the Gnome skimmer if i have too.

• Like 1

Great news on the bryopsis!!!

I'd love to see the 2g tank when you get it set up. You'll be using a different approach to filtration than the usual and it will be really cool to see how it works.

Yeah ill be glad when its gone,my girlfriend keeps saying slick shit like "your clown needs to host the algae with all those big patches youve got" lol.

Idk if youve followed my thread for that long but my 2g took the lime light for awhile when i had about 15 sps frags in it and i had pretty good growth and encrusting until i tried a science experiment and killed everythig lol. But having it dedicated to just sps,i feel like if i can get enough flow,i should be good. The 2x 11up boards should be enough light if only a few inches from the waters surface.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Can't believe i haven't updated the thread in 3 weeks,but nothing has changed. Acans are getting more color though,and still battling Bryopsis. I did get ahold of 2 12up boards from a fellow member and some Ultra Marine Blue leds to try out.

But,what I have been doing a lot of riding fourwheelers,which i have missed. My brother n law just got a brand new 2014 TRX450 (the red bike) bone stock and the black one is a FULLY built (jetted,bored,bigger piston,carb done over exhaust,full Elka suspension and spacers on the back) YZF450R and lemmw tell you,it runs like a raped ape on race fuel !!!!

20160623_195100.jpg

• Like 2

Did manage to snap this picture last night of these Acans that are coloring up to become crazy looking these were brown a few months ago:

IMG_20160624_083245.jpg

Heres the rest of the gang:

20160624_084712.png

• Like 1