Top Shelf Aquatics

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Since the tank has been set back up,it hasn't had a water change besides the 1 gallon of new water I put in lol. I got 3 gallons of distilled last night and planning on doing a 2 gallon water change tonight.

I wanna get a sps frag or two,I miss having sticks...

Ya that will help things then haha, and careful with them fuzzy sticks, seems like one or two can quickly turn into 7-8 and so on lol

Oh you don't even know. If you go back a few (actually about 5-10) I had about 15-20 sticks in my 2 gallon. I was getting good growth and amazing colors as well. I had a very nice high end collection.

I'm glad the move is done! And that's great news about the new camera.

Thanks for the note about pro mode on the Galaxy S6. That prompted me to take a look at the stock camera app, and they've added a whole bunch of great new features after the 5.1.1 upgrade, including RAW shooting, and kelvin settings for WB! I just spent about 20 minutes doing manual settings on a bunch of night shots that I've never been able to take before :)

Thanks for the note about pro mode on the Galaxy S6. That prompted me to take a look at the stock camera app, and they've added a whole bunch of great new features after the 5.1.1 upgrade, including RAW shooting, and kelvin settings for WB! I just spent about 20 minutes doing manual settings on a bunch of night shots that I've never been able to take before :)

Combine that with an app called snapseed and your really in business. Snapseed is basically like a mobile lightroom.

The camera on the 6S is awesome,I love it my gf has had hers for about a year and never knew about the pro setting lol.

Do you use any macro lenses on your digital camera ?!

Combine that with an app called snapseed and your really in business. Snapseed is basically like a mobile lightroom.

I'll have to take a look at thay and see how it is.

• 3 weeks later...
Reefkid88

Finally got some time to mess with the camera and upload some pics,but here you guys go,a lot of stuff isn't in focus nor looks that great but I'll get the hang of it lol

1fa832be-3e12-4691-9e5e-55d127cbcecf_zps

06f4a619-228f-49d7-bffa-2af7ba1a3ebd_zps

5252b8ac-d1cb-4d12-837b-ed3b5a8dabb0_zps

798bcef7-a456-4862-8b7c-933197899485_zps

a42af81e-d0e3-435a-ac34-4eddf47652a0_zps

Non reef related photos I took while down town earlier with my nephews. These were shot with my 50mm with a uv filter:

5b8ea5a3-2f63-4476-a066-e65453752600_zps

27ed4078-3796-4d14-9612-9457e855743c_zps

a435fae1-2717-4f58-9bf1-462b9783010c_zps

0a8fd7ad-af3c-48e9-831c-13a9b6e9bdf8_zps

05b3b18b-c2d1-434f-8ecd-28225d5dc36c_zps

• Like 6
Reefkid88

Nice pics!

Thanks man,i defintely need to mess with the settins more and to order a lens. I need some help picking lens lol...

• Like 1
teenyreef

Thanks man,i defintely need to mess with the settins more and to order a lens. I need some help picking lens lol...

I've got an expensive 90mm macro lens, but I've found I can actually get pictures almost as good with the kit lens, with the bonus that I don't need to set up the tripod. Photoshop has a really nice shake reduction filter that works magic with hand held shots ;)

Reefkid88

I've got an expensive 90mm macro lens, but I've found I can actually get pictures almost as good with the kit lens, with the bonus that I don't need to set up the tripod. Photoshop has a really nice shake reduction filter that works magic with hand held shots ;)

That doesnt surprise me at all. I was looking at a sigma 28-80 "aspherical macro lens",it was used and only $35. Ive read reviews and ive seen sample pics and ideos and has decent quality for the price point. Then getting set of extention tubes as well to add to the collection.

Great pics of the family man. Those acans look great.

I appreciate it man,the lens held up in the lower light. They are all starting to color back up after like a year lol. But im feeding a lot more now.

• Like 1
Reefkid88

I have a Sigma lens and 2 sets of diopters on order. Im going to order a set of extention tubes as well most likely tonight.

• Like 1
Reefkid88

So,im thinking about ordering new bulbs for my light,but idk which ones...lol. im thinking of 2x UVL 454's and then maybe a either 2x Super Actinics or 1x Super Actinic and 1 Super Purple from Giesemann...DECISIONS...

I have a Sigma lens and 2 sets of diopters on order. Im going to order a set of extention tubes as well most likely tonight.

Which lens did you get? The 28-80?

Yeah,and i have extention tubes thatll ne here next week.

Cool. The tubes really make a difference. I just took a bunch of macro shots last night with the kit lens and tubes and they came out awesome!
Reefkid88

Thats what I've read online. Im hoping they are decent. I got them for $20,so we shall see. Post em up man,I'd like to see them.

jedimasterben

So,im thinking about ordering new bulbs for my light,but idk which ones...lol. im thinking of 2x UVL 454's and then maybe a either 2x Super Actinics or 1x Super Actinic and 1 Super Purple from Giesemann...DECISIONS...

The UVL 454 are just lower output blue lamps. UVL used to make great actinic lamps, but for T5HO/VHO they just don't stand up the competition.

Reefkid88

The UVL 454 are just lower output blue lamps. UVL used to make great actinic lamps, but for T5HO/VHO they just don't stand up the competition.

So Giesemann would be better then i assume i figured for $14 a pop it wasn't. Better than the Wavepoint i was just going to pick up lol ? I was thinking either 2x Super Actinic or 2X KZ Super Blues 1x Super Purple and 1x Aqua Blue. I like a blue ass tank as you can tell.

Reefkid88

So went to LRO this weekend and spoiled myself lol got 4 frags (buy 3 get 1). Pretty happy with the pick ups. What I believe to be Chiquita's,then Spellbinders,what I think are Lunars but with some speckles and then idk what the other ones are:

20160508_195014.jpg

20160508_195031.jpg

• Like 2