SaltCritters.com

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

lilmatty5dimes

Did manage to snap this picture last night of these Acans that are coloring up to become crazy looking these were brown a few months ago:

IMG_20160624_083245.jpg

Heres the rest of the gang:

20160624_084712.png

Those are some sick looking acans. Especially that first one.

Those are some sick looking acans. Especially that first one.

Thanks man,i appreciate it. All the Acans are coloring great,but those have showed the most improvement thus far. Oh would you happen yo have an thermal adhesive laying around ?!

Oh and this happened yesterday lol:

IMG_20160624_200333.jpg

• Like 1

Got these boards in the mail yesterday along with 4x ultra marine blues from rapidled. Still debating on if I'm going to retro these and remove the Panorama or use these on my 2g. All I need is a heatsink,both that I have are too small by just a half a inch,so now I have to find one and cut it down I assume.

pico%20build_zpshiosgzqm.jpg

Little update,some things have changed first off,my clown jumped and i found him stuck to the carpet. Kinda sad about that one. Secondly,i had to take my huge rock outta the tank,it was so covered in bubble algae and bryopsis.

Last thing is,i took the t5's and the panorama leds off the tank in prep to maybe paint the housing of my t5's but defintely prep it for the addition of the leds i just put together.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm still battling this damn Bryopsis man,and its super frustrating. No matter how much I pluck,pull,dip change carbon and gfo dosed peroxide it growns right fu*cking back... idk what to do. :furious::unsure:

lilmatty5dimes

I'm still battling this damn Bryopsis man,and its super frustrating. No matter how much I pluck,pull,dip change carbon and gfo dosed peroxide it growns right fu*cking back... idk what to do. :furious::unsure:

Damn man I can't even like this. How did you get it? Frag plug? Do you ever come over to the east coast? I've got 3-4 nice pieces of rock you can start it all over with. Hate to see ya continuing this battle.

Still have my number shoot me a text. We'll get ya started back up without that sh!t. Lol

I'm assuming I got it from a plug from either Living Reef or Top Shelf,one of the two. I have a few pieces of rock laying around still,but It's going to keep just coming back regardless which is what sucks. But,yeah I'm right outside of Orlando,in Sanford. I was actually out your way this past weekend doing some saltwater fishing.

lilmatty5dimes

Dang that sucks. Which plug is it on? More than one? You could always frag it up and toss the infected one. Start over new like that? Where did ya go over here to fish? I went to the port/jetty and after 3 hours only caught a buzz. Lol

Check out the new build when you get a few mins. It's in my signature. Deep blue 30g cube.

Dude,its EVERYWHERE !!!!! Every frag has it,and completely covered its insane. Idk if even regluing them on to a new frag plug would help. We went by the Nasa Landing strip off of Biolab Road and over by Haul-over. Caught a bunch of Red's,Mangroves,Cat's,Sailors Choice,Jack's and some Sting Ray's and Croakers.

So you finally decided on a tank huh ? I'll check it out now mane.

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

Dude,its EVERYWHERE !!!!! Every frag has it,and completely covered its insane. Idk if even regluing them on to a new frag plug would help. We went by the Nasa Landing strip off of Biolab Road and over by Haul-over. Caught a bunch of Red's,Mangroves,Cat's,Sailors Choice,Jack's and some Sting Ray's and Croakers.

So you finally decided on a tank huh ? I'll check it out now mane.

Damn that sucks. Maybe treating them individually would help? Or fragging them and moving to a safe tank.

Oh yea biolab is where I caught my first red. Definitely a good spot.

Yea. Traded a treadmill for a sick frag pack. Think I sent it to ya.

red hornets

wows

orange rainbows

sunny d

space monster

pink zippers

Rastas

emeralds on fire

cars

darth mauls

orange oxides

utter chaos

blondies

my clementines

mandarin oranges

3G

goldmeister

pink boobies

toxic pie

Beach bum

Pikachu

Ive tried everything short of just tearing the tank down and starting fresh... its annoying. Jesus,all that for a treadmill ?! Thats kind of insane lol.

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

Ive tried everything short of just tearing the tank down and starting fresh... its annoying. Jesus,all that for a treadmill ?! Thats kind of insane lol.

He's a good buddy. I've helped out out a few times here and there. He's always hooking me up with sweet deals.

Good shit man,that's awesome. I can't wait to see everything,I want some frags when they come available !!!

Did a 2 gallon water change on the tank, and plucked everything yet again. We shall see how everything turns out. Which I'm sure it'll be back within a few days.

Try Money Cowrie snails. Cleared mine up quickly

Sorry I didn't see that until now, I may have to see if I can find any locally. I can't remember what Reef Cleaners website said would eat it. And with my tank only being about 8 gallons with the media reactors,dosing Tech M is something I don't wanna do either.

Have you tried dipping the frags in peroxide? It's worked for me.

I have,3 times. I use a 525ml Tupperware container and put in 8ml of peroxide,dip for around 45 seconds to a minute,soak in another container of tank water then add them back to the tank. I've tried more aggressive times over a minute and clear coating form on my Zoa's and get all pissed and take 1-2 weeks to re-open and with my Acan's they shrink horribly and lose color and take even longer to regain their fluffiness back. Idk what else to do besides fragging everything or just pulling my hair out.

• Like 1

I have,3 times. I use a 525ml Tupperware container and put in 8ml of peroxide,dip for around 45 seconds to a minute,soak in another container of tank water then add them back to the tank. I've tried more aggressive times over a minute and clear coating form on my Zoa's and get all pissed and take 1-2 weeks to re-open and with my Acan's they shrink horribly and lose color and take even longer to regain their fluffiness back. Idk what else to do besides fragging everything or just pulling my hair out.

That's pretty much what I've learned as well. No more than about 45 seconds at full strength and they are fine when they go back in.

I have done repeated dips about two days apart when I've had really bad problem algae. But when I had my algae problem in my 4g frag tank, it didn't matter what I did to the frags, it always came back because the spores (or whatever it is they grow from) were still present in the tank and the conditions were apparently really good for the algae.

I finally got rid of it by rebooting the tank, scrubbing it completely bare and clean, and putting in new live rock rubble. Boom, no more algae and it never came back. Even the little bits of algae left on the frags went away after the reboot.

Right now there are no rocks,just some frag racks. I may have to order some more frag plus and just re-glue everything down and do a few water change and see how thay does. I had it turning clear and dying off and then boom,it all came back with a mission lol.

• Like 1

I didn't have any rocks either, I was going bare bottom and just mechanical filtration to keep it simple and clean, with big water changes to keep nutrients down. It was really weird, the algae just kept coming back over and over again. Once I scrubbed it clean and added the rocks, it was gone forever.

• 3 weeks later...

So i got 2 sps frags yesterday. 1 green piece which Im thinking is a Horrida and a blueish color Tenuis. They mafe it over night so we shall see. Also,I've got coralline algae growing all over the glass and its spreading fast. So I would say thats a good sign.

• Like 2
lilmatty5dimes

Sounds good man. The coralline is a good sign. I should have my frag pack coming from Glenn here this week. Super excited cause I picked up a blue tenuis, yellow tenuis, UWW rainbow sunburst monti, and Jedi mind trick monti

Ive nevwr had coralline this fast,this much and im such a short tkme. Its only been set up for 3 months now. But its all over the bottom and back panels and on frag plus.

Hell yeah man,thats whats up. I got mine from Top Shelf,super cheap but idk how well they shall do. We'll see.

20160814_180057.jpg

• Like 2