ReefCleaners.org

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Anyone else having problems with photobucket mobile or on the computer ? Mine keeps acting like it has a virus with pop-ups and all that on my phone and the computer. But its only Photobucket...hmm..

Well believe it or not,the sps are still alive and coloring up nicely,which I am super happy about lol which almost makes me wanna go to one of the shops and grab a few more pieces but I have stopped myself from doing that. Although I do have a DIY frag rack I made specifically for sps.

I did pull the ole handy dandy Gnome Skimmer out of the storage closet and hooked that up earlier this evening after giving everything a good ole cleaning in hopes that it will help with this damn bryopsis problem that is not getting any better. I haven't plucked any the past week and its just getting out of control again,so tomorrow will be filled with hours of plucking and changing water.. what a shame.

• Like 3

I emailed them,and Eric told me if a item isnt in the US warehouse section,they cant ship it to the US from the UK.. So idk..

I don't know. I sent you a link that was posted from the Aquarium pump section. Not the UK warehouse. The sale price is posted in US dollars and after entering US shipment, it doesn't bark at me for living in the US. FWIW I haven't ordered one and it's a fairly new item. They maybe on back order or have limited availability? Fish Street is located in Texas?

I don't know. I sent you a link that was posted from the Aquarium pump section. Not the UK warehouse. The sale price is posted in US dollars and after entering US shipment, it doesn't bark at me for living in the US. FWIW I haven't ordered one and it's a fairly new item. They maybe on back order or have limited availability? Fish Street is located in Texas?

Interesting,I'll have to look into some more and exchange some more emails or make some phone calls. I'm trying to get the DC650,Nano Skimmer and a media reactor,so I'll see what happens.

This is a common problem with it. I'm on my 3rd or 4th replacement

Im on my second,the first one lasted about a year so I'll see how long this one lasts lol.

My AC went out midway thru the night last night,yet again. Ive been loading ice cubes in a ziploc bag all day trying to keep yhe tank below 80,but I'm out for the afternoon so hopefully the sps arent fried when I get home...

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
lilmatty5dimes

Interesting,I'll have to look into some more and exchange some more emails or make some phone calls. I'm trying to get the DC650,Nano Skimmer and a media reactor,so I'll see what happens.

Im on my second,the first one lasted about a year so I'll see how long this one lasts lol.

My AC went out midway thru the night last night,yet again. Ive been loading ice cubes in a ziploc bag all day trying to keep yhe tank below 80,but I'm out for the afternoon so hopefully the sps arent fried when I get home...

You ever get that lil 650 pump. I believe my lfs has one the last time I was there. Let me know and I'll text the guy for ya. My ac quit last Monday and tank got up to 84 until I threw a fan on top of it. Figured the house was 86 it was actually cooler outside. Lol

Any updates?

Not yet,Ive been kinda broke lately lol. Claudia (Paandamodium) said she could get me one for $35,but its on the list of things i need once my money sitation gets back to normal.

Damn man,i know the feeling all too well. How did everything deal with the heat ?

No updates really. Bryopsis isnt as bad since i put the skimmer back on,Im almost out of salt so this weekend i have to get some. Sps are doing okay,Acans are coloring back up. Thats about it really.

lilmatty5dimes

Lol. I know the feeling and it sucks. Buddy has a zoa garden he's selling for $350 that's got about 20 z&ps on it. I eneded up finding a reef brite for $100 and got it but don't really like it. With the 20k radium don't really see anything unless it's above the water by only a few inches which means I've got to figure out a way to mount it. Could just keep it to use for getting colors popping when I start fragging up zoas again. The tank made it alright with the ac quitting. I've lost my yellow tenius either from being stung or rtn. The other 2 sps and montis are doing ok. I need to start up maintaining the tank or in going to lose them. My sump area is really dirty and need to clean it today before work.

What salt are you using? I've switch to aquaforest reef salt for this tank and absolutely love it. It's all mixed up and ready to go in 15-20mins. Pic below was 20mins 10L of water and one of there scoop.

30135625-2CC2-4D4C-A47F-54E494E465A0_zps

Is it some high end stuff on there ?! Id hope so for $350 !!!! Really ? Maybe just use it for once the halides go off or before and after the halides ? AC breaks suck man,ive been in my apartment 4 months and the AC has taken 4 shits on us. I dont get it.

Im thinking of switching to Aquaforest myself,the store right down the road from me just started carrying it,but ive been using RSCP for years im almost scared to switch due to RSCP's alk being so high. Whats Aquaforests like params wise ?

• 2 weeks later...

So uodate with the aquaforest salt,so far the tank color wose still looks amazing,sps didnt kick the bucket due to the alk drop from around 12 to 8. Everything is holding color thank god.

But i am thinking of ordering some giesemann bulbs,looking at a combo of 2 super actinic,1 actinic blue and 1 super purple or 1 aquablue coral.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankfully I didn't need one,power stayed on the whole time.

But I did get some white leds from Steve's the other day,and when I got them into the array,the whole "white"channel wouldn't turn on,and then i put ultramarine blues in the place,and the channel powered on,tested them with my led tester and they work,so weird,anyone got any ideas ?!?!?!

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

Those are some sick sticks for $5. I heard LRO is getting bought out by top shelf. Have you heard anything about this? Glad the tank made it thru Matthew. Mine did well with just the rw4 pump running. I'll be updating my thread here soon I think it's a much needed update. I've been on a shopping spread. Lol

I hope thats not true,that would be like Mcdonalds buying out Ruth Chris lol. But no i havent heard anything. I got 2 more sticks over the weekend that were pretty sick too. Hahaha with you,that doesn't surprise me at all,mostly Zoa's are a little of everything ?

20161012_075908.png

20161012_075949.png

• Like 2