Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Nice pickup! What kind are they?

Honesty,I have no idea. Both are pretty unique and cool. I known the green ones are emerald mauls or wobblegongs whatever you care to call them lol. Not bad for $5 a frags. I'm going to go and get a few more next weekend. Plus one of my other LFS's has Space Monster frags too,I'm going to have one set aside for me.

• Like 1

$5 zoas that don't look like little poop pellets are the best kind. These are great :)

Hahaha you do not lie. They've got some $10 once I really wanna go back and get.

• Like 1

That's what I thought. I've had hem before,but they melted. So $5 for a replacement isn't bad. I'm trying,some are growing while some aren't. It's frustrating.

• Like 2
lilmatty5dimes

That's what I thought. I've had hem before,but they melted. So $5 for a replacement isn't bad. I'm trying,some are growing while some aren't. It's frustrating.

Not a bad grab for $5. Think I paid like $15/ head.

I'm starting to acquire some stuff for a new build and think I've decided to go old school and run a MH radium and vho(if I can find the wiring). Should be a fun build. Lol

• Like 1

Not at all. I think I paid $20 for 2 polyps last time around. They have a few more $5 frags I wanna grab,I was mad I texted a dude from LRO and they're out of single head frags of Space Monsters so when the colony grows back out I'll be getting a piece.

So far,after switching salts,a few bigger water changes,and cutting the photo period back by pretty much 2 hours and raising the lights about 2 inches,the algae has kinda died off,but I do have some macro algae growing,but I'd rather have that than cyano. I finally got around to buying a 90* elbow from Home Depot,and dropping the pump down to the bottom of the tank compared to having it ghetto stuck into the return bulkhead.

Colors are getting better,not as good as they were,but decent. Bam Bam's kinda morphed to all green,CAR's lost their colors but are making a come back,and the Fruit Loops turned all orange too. I moved the Fruit Loop's due to losing the color in their inner ring and then turned orange all together. Idk if this is due to the excess amount of nutrients from me taking the skimmer offline or what. I also had to take the AC20 offline due to the pump kept seizing up causing the motor to get hot as balls.

• 1 month later...

What's up people,

Not much has been going on with the tank,I'm still combating horrible algae and bubble algae is starting to pop up everywhere. Finally picked up a media reactor to run carbon and some good and keeping up with beefier 1.5-2 gallon water changes. I have noticed since I switched back to RSCP salt everything is starting to grow faster,which is nice.

Do you have emerald crabs? I have also recently got a tiger sand conch. That little bugger will clean your sanded no problem plus I got mine for 7 bucks I think.

I love RSCP. My dad was using instant ocean for years and when he switched over to reefing he still used it and his corals were growing slow. He switched to RSCP about a month ago and he has seen me growth in 1 month than he has in 5 months. That salt is AWESOME. My corals have grown A TON in 1 and a half months compared to my dad's tank before RSCP.

Do you have emerald crabs? I have also recently got a tiger sand conch. That little bugger will clean your sanded no problem plus I got mine for 7 bucks I think.

I love RSCP. My dad was using instant ocean for years and when he switched over to reefing he still used it and his corals were growing slow. He switched to RSCP about a month ago and he has seen me growth in 1 month than he has in 5 months. That salt is AWESOME. My corals have grown A TON in 1 and a half months compared to my dad's tank before RSCP.

I've had numerous emerald crabs in previous tanks and never really had success with them. With my bigger water changes I've seen a lot of it turn clear and start to die off but some is still there. As for the conch,it's definitely kept my sand clean.

I had problems with alk being 12+ with RSCP and switched to Aquavitro Salinity when I had sps but now I'm back with RSCP and my zoos have taken off and colored back up. I'm back to dosing Phol's Xtra as well which I've had awesome luck with in my past dosing it.

Got a new phone and decided to see how it would do with taking pictures of the tank,so here they are ( no edit and straight from the phone) :

20150618_165513_zpsbfbvv6qc.jpg

20150618_165525_zpsy58v4lwd.jpg

20150618_165531_zpsilholgzu.jpg

20150618_165549_zpscrz353zb.jpg

20150618_165602_zpsh3bz6cln.jpg

20150618_165623_zpsvx9z2ztc.jpg

20150618_165626_zpsiutdhsar.jpg

20150618_165636_zps6uesvr4v.jpg

20150618_165708_zpsok6xrsxy.jpg

20150618_165724_zpsv8dsfvjz.jpg

20150618_165731_zpslhgcfrr6.jpg

20150618_165518_zpsrxo131iy.jpg

• Like 3

I would say pretty good. Great collection.

I was surprised they came out as good. The S6 isn't that bad of a phone. The collection is okay,could be better. I'm getting almost no growth in some stuff which is frustrating.

• Like 2
lilmatty5dimes

I was surprised they came out as good. The S6 isn't that bad of a phone. The collection is okay,could be better. I'm getting almost no growth in some stuff which is frustrating.

I just got the iPhone 6s Plus interested to see how it takes pics. Just need to go over to a friends house and take some. I would have to say your tank is probably to clean so the z&ps aren't getting any growth.

Check out an app called snapseed. It is an awesome photo editing app, esp if you are shooting in raw with that s6. I love using it on raw images i get out of my lg g4.

I just got the iPhone 6s Plus interested to see how it takes pics. Just need to go over to a friends house and take some. I would have to say your tank is probably to clean so the z&ps aren't getting any growth.

I always forget you don't have a tank right now lol. The iphones camera just over saturates anything that has any blue.

It may be,but it's dirty enough to grow all this God forsaken algae I have... like wtf.

Check out an app called snapseed. It is an awesome photo editing app, esp if you are shooting in raw with that s6. I love using it on raw images i get out of my lg g4.

I'll have to check that out,the stock "pro" option is pretty nice so far. I was messing with it last night and I'm pretty happy with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well my big move is tomorrow,finally going to be getting situated into my own place :unsure: but I'm absolutely dreading moving the tank and all the lovely bs that goes with it. I'm debating waiting a week to move the take from my mom's house into my apartment and that way I can focus strictly on the tank when it's time and not rushing.

Another thing I am debating is,do I keep a sand bed,or do I do away with it seeming I have no sand to replace what I've got now... Anyone have an input on moving and to not or to keep the sand ?

On another not,my media reactor was horribly clogged,these sponges suck ass lol. But went ahead and replaced the carbon and the gfo in hopes to beat this algae I'm still fighting.. Which is getting on my everlasting nerves...

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

I would wait a week so your not rushing the tank that's when bad things can happen. Especially if you can leave it at your moms house. You can always add sand to the tank later on. Just grab a pvc pipe and have the sand slide down the pipe. That way you won't turn your tank into a massive snow ball mess.

Have you looked up carbon dosing? A shot of vodka a day could control/rid your algae problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's been awhile since the move,but everything has been moved for almost 2 weeks and will defintely get a good update and some pics. I did get a free EOS SL1 DSLR camera so I'll take some good pics here within a couple days.

If anyone has any good settings or tips for shooting,let me know.

• Like 1

It's been a long couple of weeks. I did remove the sand though,which I think I'm happy with.

Also let me know if you still want to do the trade,IN thinking of going to Top Shelf in a week or two if you still wanna do that trade.

Yo, you still having algae problems? Have you tried doing 70-100% WCs, might help, thats all i ever do and find it just resets all the levels back to were they should be.