Top Shelf Aquatics

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

I hear you man. You still not doing the retro's on your T5's and going Radions ? Same shit different day,some stud melting,some stuff coloring up,some stuff pissed off some stuff growing lol what a vicious cycle it is -__-

• Like 1

I hear you man. You still not doing the retro's on your T5's and going Radions ? Same shit different day,some stud melting,some stuff coloring up,some stuff pissed off some stuff growing lol what a vicious cycle it is -__-

Planning on getting rid of the ATI and NB retro that I never did.....well Im gonna use the retro for a little while over a temp frag tank, but once all the coral is cleaned up and transferred back into the 34 after I reboot it, then the frag tank will come down and retro will be sold.

As for what the new lighting will be, I am totally up in the air with it. I know I want LED, full control, something that will make the coral POP and provide good spread and coloration, and I want it to be tank mountable and look aesthetically pleasing. In my head, I've gone from Radion to Hydra HD to double primes to NB Quad....Im leaning towards the last option at this point, white with one of those nice, new wood grain covers on top.....would match well with what I am planning to do to the stand.

Add 2 baby (roughly around 1" long) clowns to the tank yesterday. I haven't had fish since my first tank 7 years ago,feels kinda good. Also got some Polyp Labs Polyp Booster and Reef Roids to try out for pretty cheap from LRO,stuff works wonders. With Polyp Booster everything responds within seconds of it entering the water column,never seen anything like it.

image_55.jpeg

Planning on getting rid of the ATI and NB retro that I never did.....well Im gonna use the retro for a little while over a temp frag tank, but once all the coral is cleaned up and transferred back into the 34 after I reboot it, then the frag tank will come down and retro will be sold.

As for what the new lighting will be, I am totally up in the air with it. I know I want LED, full control, something that will make the coral POP and provide good spread and coloration, and I want it to be tank mountable and look aesthetically pleasing. In my head, I've gone from Radion to Hydra HD to double primes to NB Quad....Im leaning towards the last option at this point, white with one of those nice, new wood grain covers on top.....would match well with what I am planning to do to the stand.

Sounds good man,everything should work out good. I say the Radion just do the Pro and I think you'd be happier with that. But the new AI HD's would be pretty bad ass I think,the array looks so much better than the past arrays they've had in their layouts.
  • Like 3

Add 2 baby (roughly around 1" long) clowns to the tank yesterday. I haven't had fish since my first tank 7 years ago,feels kinda good. Also got some Polyp Labs Polyp Booster and Reef Roids to try out for pretty cheap from LRO,stuff works wonders. With Polyp Booster everything responds within seconds of it entering the water column,never seen anything like it.

Sounds good man,everything should work out good. I say the Radion just do the Pro and I think you'd be happier with that. But the new AI HD's would be pretty bad ass I think,the array looks so much better than the past arrays they've had in their layouts.

I don't know man...my latest idea is to do a twin set of tides running on the sane controller....the quad would be overkill. I just can't swallow the idea of the radion's pricetag

You really think quad will be overkill ? Your tank is what like 36" or something at least close to that ? Maybe Dave could do a triple puck build instead of a quad ? I'd imagine both lights are still at least a few dollars less than the Radion to begin with.

lilmatty5dimes

What's wrong with the ati fixture?

You really think quad will be overkill ? Your tank is what like 36" or something at least close to that ? Maybe Dave could do a triple puck build instead of a quad ? I'd imagine both lights are still at least a few dollars less than the Radion to begin with.

30x12 is the footprint of the display. I actually asked him about that already and he basically said it would be too much work to do a custom 3 puck. With the way I would want the quad it would be over 800 which I just can't swallow. I am planning on sticking to softies and lps and not really interested in doing sps so quad would be overkill in my opinion.

What's wrong with the ati fixture?

Honestly there isn't anything wrong with it. I just want to simplify things as much as possible. I don't want the expense of bulbs. And I don't want to have to wonder whether it's time to switch bulbs.

If it were me,id just stick with what you have instead of spending more money on another fixture. But that's just me. Especially if you just want to keep the easy shit.

If it were me,id just stick with what you have instead of spending more money on another fixture. But that's just me. Especially if you just want to keep the easy shit.

Lol if I sell the ati and the retro kit, I'll have enough to buy the twin tides plus a nice lps frag pack from top shelf! I also don't like the way the ati is mounted and my wife hates the look of hanging kits. I think twin tides will look pretty sweet!

True,makes sense. Could you save yourself some moolah and send Dave the LED shit you already have and use that to make at least one of the lights ? If you haven't already though of that lol.

Dude they've got a lot of nice Acan's at the moment,I should've gotten more when I went there on Black Friday -___-

True,makes sense. Could you save yourself some moolah and send Dave the LED shit you already have and use that to make at least one of the lights ? If you haven't already though of that lol.

Dude they've got a lot of nice Acan's at the moment,I should've gotten more when I went there on Black Friday -___-

That thought did occur to me as well...I guess I should at least ask. I have been avoiding lfs's. Don't even want to know what they got. I refuse to add anything to my collection until I reboot. I'm starting to get withdrawals...I having bought a frag in what has to be at least 6 months

I mean you have what 2 boards or 4 ? That should cut a little piece of the price off once it's all said and done. Hahaha you haven't missed out on much,honestly. I mean both stores have had some decent pieces,but nothing that would anything new lol.

I mean you have what 2 boards or 4 ? That should cut a little piece of the price off once it's all said and done. Hahaha you haven't missed out on much,honestly. I mean both stores have had some decent pieces,but nothing that would anything new lol.

I have 2 with a bluefish mini already, but I was planning on tring to sell the retro kit for around 300 - 350(I paid over 400 due to it being 4 channel) So, I don't know which would be more lucrative for me, to sell it or have dave just use it to make the minis....

I would think using the 2 boards and the bluefish would be cheaper than selling it and re-buying it basically. Seeming that's what you'd pretty much be doing. Plus you know how things so,you'll get low balled until you accept like $250-$275 and then you're out more money than need be,seeming you're already taking a loss,regardless. Just send it to Dave lol.

Little tiny photo upload,some stuff is starting to color back up after months and months of struggling:

New Zoa I got today,I think it's a Utter Chaos ?:

image_57.jpeg

These guys have been slowly coloring up:

image_58.jpeg

Black Friday additions:

image_59.jpeg

image_60.jpeg

image_61.jpeg

image_62.jpeg

• Like 4
lilmatty5dimes

It's not an utter unless it's red. I would def want a frag of that when it grows out. All your a and are looking great. That Black Friday one has some sick color.

The skirt is more red in person than in the picture,buy for $2.50 for the polyp I won't complain regardless. Thanks man,they both are slowly gaining some serious colors ( reds,greens and yellows ),so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Guys,when it comes to clowns,when they back up into a frag and wiggle around,would that mean they're trying to host it or what ?

Yup. My clowns host anything in my tank that will stand still. Zoas, palys, hammers, you name it. They don't exactly have high standards :lol:

Yup. My clowns host anything in my tank that will stand still. Zoas, palys, hammers, you name it. They don't exactly have high standards :lol:

This is when I wish I had a BTA,unfortunately with my size tank I can't. I'm watching my Redskins play and I look over at the tank and she did it 3 times in a row.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So,I'm dealing with some algae which I'm assuming is cyano,I'm already running chemipure blue and I've tried to cut back on feedings and tried running my rw-4 24/7 to increase flow but it pisses everything off,any ideas on how to tackle it ? Maybe a 1-2 day period of lights out ? It's starting to suffocate a lot of Zoa's which pissing me off..

image_65.jpeg

image_64.jpeg

Try and vary your bacteria strains through KZ, MB7, stability etc.....I just started using some aqua forest stuff too. I'm out now but I mixed these with KZ coral snow. Frags look amazing buddy.

• Like 1

I'm going to have to try some of the red slime shit and see if that works. It's starting to kill off stuff quickly. I can't have my precious Zoa's dying. Thanks man,they were looking amazing a week or so ago and this shit happened... My skimmer I have (the gnome skimmer) isn't pull much gunk so I may take it off and put a AC50 on it and run more carbon or some gfo.. Idk. How effective is gfo if ran in a media bag ?