SaltCritters.com

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Went to CoralCon a day early today,which was absolutely amazing. Got to meet some people's and grab some awesome Zoa's. I wanted to grab some sps but I didnt. Pictures to come later on. I got a few frags from JoshPorkSandwhich,Living Reef and Paandemonium which was nice finally meeting her.

• Like 2
lilmatty5dimes

Went to CoralCon a day early today,which was absolutely amazing. Got to meet some people's and grab some awesome Zoa's. I wanted to grab some sps but I didnt. Pictures to come later on. I got a few frags from JoshPorkSandwhich,Living Reef and Paandemonium which was nice finally meeting her.

Can't wait to see some eye candy. Stupid work had me miss out again this year. Oh we'll I'm sure I'll be able to buy when they grow out from people.

Cool bro! Can't wait to see some pics.

Nice stuff man.

I need to add some more zoas to the 34. I like zoas, but they are just kinda filler pieces for me. My wife loves them. I told her that I am going to let her pick out all of the zoas for the tank.

Nice stuff man.

I need to add some more zoas to the 34. I like zoas, but they are just kinda filler pieces for me. My wife loves them. I told her that I am going to let her pick out all of the zoas for the tank.

Thanks man,I've still got a few on my list I need to get like: Bowsers,Red Hornets another frag of Blue Hornets,CAR's,Fruit Loops and a few others.

I love Zoa's,always have. That's the best thing you can do,let her pick out some stuff so she stays interested !! Good call lol.

I forgot to mention too,I went to living reef yesterday and they have Fiji Pink sand,which I decided on is what I'm going to use on my 7 gallon. So this weekend I'm going to grab that and hopefully get the 7 gallon cycling by Saturday or Sunday. I'll be so happy too,this 2 gallon is TOOO damn small.

LOL....I don't blame you. I would not be able to handle just having a 2 gallon and nothing else. Are you going to keep the 2 gallon going after you get the 7 set up?

Having absolutely no room is what limited how much I could buy at CoralCon,which sucked. My girlfriend gave me $50 extra to spend,which I just gave back because I knew I had no room lol.

Nope,it'll get shut down,cleaned and packed away and or sold. I was thinking maybe doing a small planted freshwater tank with RCS (Red Crystal Shrimp) and Dwarf Baby Tears,and my girlfriend loved the idea lol so idk exactly.

Thats some sweet zoas man! I'm drooling :)

Hahah thanks man,there was a lot more stuff that was 10x nicer,but it came at a cost. I wanted some Bowsers but they were $50-$100 a polyp :o

• 2 weeks later...

Did a small water change and cleaned my skimmer really good and changed my carbon. I'm battling some nasty rusty looking algae,idk what it's from though,and I haven't tested my water in months lol.

A lot of Zoa's,especially my newer pick ups from CoralCon are starting to pop off babies,since I've been spot feeding them :D here's a fugly ass FTS

image-154.jpg

• Like 1

is that the gnome glass skimmer? how do you like it?

For being free,its a pretty damn good skimmer. It looks a little bulky on this 2 gallon,but it pulls pretty good skimmate. I think I could use a little bigger air pump that's for sure.

• Like 1

Last night I made a few stops,grabbed a single ployp of Red Hornet,then stopped at living reef and got a bag of Fiji Pink for the 7 gallon,and a red Mille frag and got a freebie some green Acro with white polyps.

Also debating on getting a 24" FNI T5 fixture. Kinda wanna try something different this time around...

image-147.jpg

image-148.jpg

• Like 2

Soooo i know i said i was holding off on sps,but i got a stupid good deal on a blue tort for $15,its so sexy. I also grabbed some AcroPower for cheap. I was telling it was my birthday and they gave me a good percentage off of my purchase.

• Like 1

There is a $100 t5 that everyone is is picking up

I think it's made by coralvalve

No ballast,no wiring,no end caps,nothing. From what I was understanding. Just the body and reflectors. And 24" ones are out of stock. I'm getting a FNI Friday.

Plan on running 2 Blue+ 1 Coral+ and maybe 1 65k or a Lagoon Blue.

I really cannot wait to get some T5's... Trying to photograph anything is just ridiculous,especially this Tort.

I'm really starting to get some Coralline growth on the glass,which is making me not want to shut the 2 gallon down :wacko: But yet I need the room some kind of bad. I'm hoping that my AC50 with a 70 impeller and a Hydor Pico 800 (200gph) should be enough flow. Any thoughts ?

New Tort:

image-159.jpg

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

Those are some sps. For flow you should be fine. I had a ac50 and the pico powerhead in a 7.5g cube and I never really had any problems. I've been biting on going away from led also. Can't wait to see how the t5 are.

Those are some sps. For flow you should be fine. I had a ac50 and the pico powerhead in a 7.5g cube and I never really had any problems. I've been biting on going away from led also. Can't wait to see how the t5 are.

The ac70 impeller I have in my ac50 now,even at full blast,moved water but not like I'd think. The previous owner did cut on blade off the impeller but idk how much just one blade cuts down flow.

I really want a Tunze 6015,but 400+ gph would be a little much for my tank which is 16"x10"x10"..

I've been wanting too for awhile,and finally a decent fixtire popped up for cheap. It'll be a little long on the tank,but at least I'll have full coverage.

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

i'll tell ya how my rw4 does in this cad light 16g i got. dimensions are 15x13x13. it'll be pretty close to yours plus i'm running 2 ac50 on it also. i'm planning in putting it in during nap time here soon since i've got to clean it also.

do you have a link for that fixture?

i'll tell ya how my rw4 does in this cad light 16g i got. dimensions are 15x13x13. it'll be pretty close to yours plus i'm running 2 ac50 on it also. i'm planning in putting it in during nap time here soon since i've got to clean it also.

do you have a link for that fixture?

I was thinking about a RW4,isn't the flow adjustable from like 200-/+ gph to almost 500 ? How's the "pulse" mode act is it kinda like a MP10 or what ?

The light is a FishNeedIt.com fixture. I wanna say they are $50 on their website with the 50% off coupon. One of the LFS's this way had a AquaMedic 250w metal halide light with ballast for only $50.. If it was 150w I would've snagged it lol.

• Like 1