ReefCleaners.org

Nano Box Settings : Share your settings for your Storm controller

DaveFason

I really studied this thread and here are the Storm controller settings i'm going to start with over a PicO 5gal about 6" over the water. This will support mostly Zoas, Palys, and some LPS that have been under a Par 38 for about 3 months. SPS to come in time.

Blue 120

Wht 80

Ramp 60

Delay 20 min Wht

Could anyone let me know if this would be a good starting point that wouldn't be too much for my corals and Also, any ideas are welcome..AVIATOR

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blues 220

Whites 80

Ramp 60 min

Delay 30 min whites

This is what I've worked up to after a few months over an 18x18 display with polyps and softies. My starting point was 140 blues and 70 whites. I personally prefer the blue hue my current settings give off

I've finished installing my limes into my array, and I have to say: 135 Blues and 115 Whites looks mighty fine. It gives off a nice warm color, but doesn't make the corals too dull.

I've been aiming for a 12-14K look. Plenty of blue/UV for coral. Plenty of white/lime for the eyes. Still learning the system and figuring out what I want.

Currently:

Blue: 115

White: 100

Ramp time: 60

Ramp delay: White, 30

Sunrise/sunset: Auto based on latitude/longitude

Cloud: 0

Lightning: 0

Night: blue, 1

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone explain how the listed numbers compare to a percentage of max intensity?

Take for example 140 blue and 80 wht.

Obviously that can't mean the blues are set to 140% of max right?

Could someone explain how the listed numbers compare to a percentage of max intensity?

Take for example 140 blue and 80 wht.

Obviously that can't mean the blues are set to 140% of max right?

255 is max intensity

• 2 weeks later...

My duo suddenly started to have the same issue as my tide where it will turn off completely for 5 mins before Night mode turns on. So it will:

1. Ramp down

2. Turn off completely for 5 mins

3. Night mode resumes with blues set to 1

I did not change my ramp delay or ramp time settings...

jedimasterben

Does anyone have decent settings for a quad?

The same as everyone else, your unit just has four pucks instead of one or two. Find a color you like (by setting each channel to your preferred power level) and then run it down to ~25-30% of that number, then raise them by 5% weekly or every other week. If your tank has previously had higher light levels, then start around 45% instead of 25-30.

My duo suddenly started to have the same issue as my tide where it will turn off completely for 5 mins before Night mode turns on. So it will:

1. Ramp down

2. Turn off completely for 5 mins

3. Night mode resumes with blues set to 1

I did not change my ramp delay or ramp time settings...

So this is a massive guess, but I seem to recall seeing that the bluefish LED controller has a setting for minimum dimming level, which is the lowest level the lights can be set to before they turn off. I would imagine that this value could vary slightly with heat/time as it beds in, and could also be affected by other lighting channels being active. In which case it could be that as you ramp down you cross over this threshold and the two channels both end up with insufficient power.

I don't know if the Storm controller has a minimum dimming level setting, but it might be that it needs one?

You should perhaps play around to find what low values do/dont work.

E.g.

try all channels at 1

Try one channel at 1, and the others at 0

The same as everyone else, your unit just has four pucks instead of one or two. Find a color you like (by setting each channel to your preferred power level) and then run it down to ~25-30% of that number, then raise them by 5% weekly or every other week. If your tank has previously had higher light levels, then start around 45% instead of 25-30.

I only have live rocks and CUC in it, as its the new 40g breeder I just finished cycling.

My livestock is still in my old 15g which is running with T5 (4x24W), and I'll probably move everything in my new tank in 2 weeks. I don't have a PAR meter, so I'm not entirely sure whether my old T5 had higher light levels or not, I'll probably have to check and see the reaction of the corals to judge it.

jedimasterben

I only have live rocks and CUC in it, as its the new 40g breeder I just finished cycling.

My livestock is still in my old 15g which is running with T5 (4x24W), and I'll probably move everything in my new tank in 2 weeks. I don't have a PAR meter, so I'm not entirely sure whether my old T5 had higher light levels or not, I'll probably have to check and see the reaction of the corals to judge it.

You'd be at decently high light levels, I'd probably start near 35% and go from there.

Alright.... Newbie question here, but in setting the clock, it's 5:00 p.m. here. Do I set the clock for 5:00 or do I use military time of 17:00?

Alright.... Newbie question here, but in setting the clock, it's 5:00 p.m. here. Do I set the clock for 5:00 or do I use military time of 17:00?

24 hour time - or military.

Bear with me gang as I try to set up my retro nano-box.

Right now I have the clock set at 16:42, military time. As scroll throught the Coralux menu, I have set the Long/Lat settings. I assume this controls sunrise/sunset ? I have it set on Auto. But, I'm a little confused because the sunrise setting is for 20:05, is this right? That would be sunrise at 10:05p.m. (regular time)? Same dor sunset is 6:48 a.m. Are these messed up and set in reverse? I also have DST enabled

Thanks gang

What are the LAT/LONG/GMT values you have set?

I am a little confused. Where I live, Evansville, Indiana, I see settings for Long. 38 and Lat. 88. But I also see Lat. settings for -88. So what should it be? :blink:

Archived