Cultivated Reef

Nano Box Settings : Share your settings for your Storm controller

DaveFason

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kellie in CA

Can someone give me an idea of what the settings should be for a 15x15x15 cube?   I seemed to find the sweet spot for my old tank, but I moved everything over to a new tank and have since  been having a hard time keeping everything happy.  I kept ramping up the lighting because my zoas are really stretching so I assumed they needed more, but from what I'm reading it seems like it might be turned up too high.  I am currently at 110 white/160 blue.

15 minutes ago, Kellie in CA said:

Can someone give me an idea of what the settings should be for a 15x15x15 cube?   I seemed to find the sweet spot for my old tank, but I moved everything over to a new tank and have since  been having a hard time keeping everything happy.  I kept ramping up the lighting because my zoas are really stretching so I assumed they needed more, but from what I'm reading it seems like it might be turned up too high.  I am currently at 110 white/160 blue.

How high do you have the light mounted as well? Personally I would bump the whites down and increase the blue a touch. 

On 3/1/2017 at 7:19 PM, Kellie in CA said:

I have the longer gooseneck, so it's about 6" off the water and angled back slightly.

Try bumping the blue channel to ~210 and the white ~ 125-135. You can also arrange the gooseneck down a bit to get it closer. 

Hope that helps!

-Dave

Archived